Oc on my i5 6600k. Have i won the lottery?

Discussion in 'Processors and motherboards Intel' started by sneipen, Jun 10, 2017.

1. sneipen

sneipen Member Guru

GPU:
    Nvidia 1080
    Im just asking because im curious after reading about 6600k oc..
    My 6600k have been oc'ed to 4.7ghz for quite a while now, before 4.6. Vcore on 4.6 was 1.26. Now i just run 4.7 at 1.3v because its the setting it loads up in. But its stable under 1.3v. Reason i dont bother test that much is that i have no problems with temps and its stable. Dont want to fix anything thats not broken. But i had no problem running in 1.27v when tweaking in msi commandcenter when i tried that couple of times.. Havent tried under.
    But, how is 4.7ghz or higher with a vcore around 1.3 or under? I havent tried clocking it over, yet. Dont see any reason why at the moment. Even tho i need to test it to see how far it will go in the future. :)

2. Agent-A01

Agent-A01 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    4090 FE H20
    4.7 @ 1.3 is quite average.

3. Labyrinth

Labyrinth Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Tri-X R9 290 4G
    Now try 5ghz :p

4. sneipen

sneipen Member Guru

GPU:
    Nvidia 1080
    I dont need 1.3, i ran it on 1.26 for a while, also i had it clocked to 4.6 on 1.24v. Worked ok in bf1 when i played it, and that really stress my cpu. Didnt test much with cpu benchmarks tho..
    I reset bios a while ago, didnt have battery in and power went away. So thats why i have it on 1.3v, dont have any issues with temperature and it works like a charm, so im just lazy. :p

I will, some day. :p
    What voltage should i start with, i dont thing 1.3 is going to be stable. I got the impression that this cpu dont like the 5ghz mark without having a high vcore.
    Also heard that to high voltage can also make it unstable. Is there any truth to this statement, if the temps are ok.
    Whats the temperature limit before its unhealthy for the cpu?
    Any advice?
    Tnx:)

Last edited: Jun 19, 2017