Stereoscopy with Windows XP

Discussion in '3D Stereo and VR Gaming Section' started by Garden Dwarf, Dec 2, 2003.

1. Garden Dwarf

Garden Dwarf Guest

Hi,

I have installed Windows XP Pro, the latest detonators and the latest Stereo driver from NVidia. I have e-Dimensional glasses.

When I try to enable stereoscopy (as I made with Windows 2000 Pro before installing XP), there is a test of page flipping.

The test shows me the screen divided in 2 parts, one to the left and one to the right. The page-flipped image is thus not working because it is left-right image !

Any idea ? I would be pleased ...

2. Glidefan

Glidefan Don Booze Staff Member

GPU:
    GTX 1070 | 8600M GS
    You must NOT use the latest dets with the dets. You need to use them in pairs. U need to use the 45.23 dets with the 45.23 stereo drivers which were the last stereo drivers. I really hope nVIDIA will release newer stereo files.

3. Garden Dwarf

Garden Dwarf Guest

Ok, now it is working, thanks a lot.

But one problem persists ... activating stereo via shortcut keys don't work now ... and these keys are not defined in the game I use !

4. Glidefan

GPU:
    GTX 1070 | 8600M GS
    The keys for stereo don't have to be defined in the game. U only need to choose it in the drivers, and have it set to be activated via Hot key.
    I have it at CTRL-T (Just as it came)

5. wladimirT

wladimirT Guest

Extra question in this discussion: Is it recommended to use the 4500 series dtonator + stereodriver, or gives the 4400 series better framerates in Flight simulator? I thought someone mentioned problems with the 4500 series?
    Thanks
    wtrabsky@kabelfoon.nl

6. Glidefan

GPU:
    GTX 1070 | 8600M GS
    Well both performed ok with me. But i think the 45.23 stereo disable the Vertex Shader from hardware and put it on the CPU. But don't quote me on this one as i am not sure.
    (Because, when i had the 44.03 drivers, i would get a "Pure T&L rendering device but with the 45.23 i would get a normal "T&L rendering device. Also some PowerVR D3D tech demos, would give me a vertex error or something.)