Useful reference sites - UPDATED 25th Feb '06

Discussion in 'Programming/Html' started by Andrew, Jul 17, 2002.

1. horse

horse Maha Guru

GPU:
    PowerColour HD4870
  2. Roger_D25

Roger_D25 Guest

GPU:
    Asus Strix GTX980Ti
    First of all thanks to everyone who contributed to this thread because its very informative to say the least! With that said I'm a newbie when it comes to programing of any language even though I recenlty passed my "Intro To Programming" class in college (programming in "C"), unfortunately programing using the "C" language isn't very helpful for what I'm trying to do!

Basically I'm a huge fan of an old computer game called "Tony Hawk Underground 2", its a crappy older skateboard game but I love playing it! The only problem is that you can't run any resolution above 1280 x 1024 (and there are no available widescreen resolutions available either). I've spent lots of time viewing every folder and file within the games directory looking for a "Config" file or anything relating to it with no luck.

What I have found is hundreds of files with .VB suffixes which leads me to beleive the game is programmed using something called "Visual Basic" which I think is designed by Microsoft? In anycase does anyone know of any programs that will allow me to view and edit these xxxx.VB files (again keep in mind I'm a newbie when it comes to this stuff so I might have this all wrong)?

It was very easy to find free compilers for "C" programing but this has not been the case for Visual Basic. The only thing I have found is Microsofts Visual Basic which is not a cheap program to buy (and I can't find any free downloads). Of course if I'm able to find something that works it doesn't mean I'll have any idea what to do but at least its a start and it will be fun to learn more about it.

I have a feeling that nobody here at Guru3D reads the "Programming" threads since there is only 2 threads in this section but I thought it was worth a shot. Thanks for all your help in advance guys, even if you can't help specifically wiht my questions!

3. Ice Cube

Ice Cube Guest

GPU:
    Gigabyte GTX 670
    If you want to learn the most basic parts of HTML, go to www.htmldog.com

Last edited: Jun 20, 2012
  4. BABA-The Hacker

BABA-The Hacker Banned

GPU:
    PALIT GTX770 OC 2GB
    Last edited: Dec 11, 2012