opencl support

Discussion in 'Processors and motherboards Intel' started by nav-jack, Nov 17, 2015.

1. nav-jack

nav-jack Master Guru

GPU:
    980 ti 1520/2000
    i'm just curious about something here. i know my cpu comes up in my AMD APP as an opencl device, but i want to disable it so only my 390x is usable. i want to do this just in case some programs default to a opencl device and said program won't let me choose. when i use said program i do not see any gpu usage so i just wanted to trouble shoot this by disabling the intel cpu device in opencl. yes i googled but i couldn't find anything just yet.

2. sykozis

sykozis Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Asus RX6700XT
    You have no control over what device is used by OpenCL based applications. It's going to use whatever the software was coded to use.

3. jura11

jura11 Guest

GPU:
    RTX 3090 NvLink
    With this I can only disagree!

You can choose what device you want to use with OpenCL based applications,not sure if you are used any OpenCL application like is Blender/LuxRender based renderers(Reality,Indigo,Thea Render or V-RAY) and many more applications like is Photoshop which is using mainly OCL(although there are few CUDA based plugins) where you can choose if you want to use OCL or not

You can try LuxMark where you can select or choose what device you want to use CPU or GPU mode as both there have or require OpenCL driver

Hope this helps

Thanks,Jura