Some assistance please

Discussion in 'Folding@Home - Join Team Guru3D !' started by Brasky, May 27, 2011.

1. Brasky

Brasky Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Gigabyte 4070 Ti Su
    figured the important one out.

Last edited: May 27, 2011
  2. Brasky

Brasky Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Gigabyte 4070 Ti Su
    well, actually the non important one, but the gpu alone is doing some work, so i'm good, thanks for looking.

3. Brasky

Brasky Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Gigabyte 4070 Ti Su
    Fixed the smp as well:biggun:, so hopefully everything will be running, is there an easy way to display the smp status like there is on the gpu client?
    thanks.

4. PantherX

PantherX Folding@Home Team Leader

GPU:
    Nvidia GTX 1080 Ti
    Can you please define the "smp status"? If you have the v6 Client, download and use HFM.NET. If it is the V7 Beta, then it should automatically b done via the FAHControl.

5. Brasky

Brasky Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Gigabyte 4070 Ti Su
    well, I just downloaded it today, so it's the newest version. and i know it's running, but i really don't know how to access anything and playing with it would probably cause it to not work with my luck. v 6.30 is what i am pretty sure it is.

6. PantherX

GPU:
    Nvidia GTX 1080 Ti
    The latest version of the SMP Client is v6.34 you can check that by looking at the top lines in FAHlog.txt

When you download HFM.NET, just click on add a new Client and then point it to the location of the FAHlog.txt and you're done :)

7. Brasky

Brasky Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Gigabyte 4070 Ti Su
    Awesome, thank you good sir. Got it up and running, gtx 560 ti goes at 11k and the i7 960 is hitting 5k, so not too shabby. Thanks again. :banana:

8. iancook221188

iancook221188 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    GTX 670 SLI / GTX 460 SLI
    your 960 should be doing a little more than that are you running the smp with the smp7 flag so that the gpu has one core/thread to it self?

9. Brasky

Brasky Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Gigabyte 4070 Ti Su
    not currently, but I could try that out a little later today.

10. Brasky

Brasky Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Gigabyte 4070 Ti Su
    good deal, picked up a cheap gtx 460 that i can dedicate to folding, should i just download another gpu f@h or uninstall all the ones i have and get the windows v7 beta that i just saw on the downloads?
    Thanks.

11. PantherX

GPU:
    Nvidia GTX 1080 Ti
    If you are happy with the v6 Clients, then stick with it. If you want to test Beta software (with known bugs), you might want to try V7 Beta.

I would suggest that you stick with v6. However, over the weekend, you can download and test V7. You can have v6 and V7 both installed on your system without any issues. However, do make sure that you run either the V6 or the V7, running both of them will cause the WUs to fold very slowly and might have an unpleasant effect on the system. If you like the V7, stick with it. If you don't, you can then run v6 and revisit the V7 once it is out of Beta.

12. Brasky

Brasky Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Gigabyte 4070 Ti Su
    sounds like a plan, thanks.

13. Brasky

Brasky Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Gigabyte 4070 Ti Su
    Well, i tried to get the 460 to work in addition to the 560 ti, but alas no luck. so i'll just stick to what i know and keep it consistent. Nice, relaxing 560 ti and the ps3 running work well enough for me. :)

14. Brasky

Brasky Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Gigabyte 4070 Ti Su
    downloaded and got the F@H controller version 7 beta working swimmingly, and even went out and bought a 2nd 560 ti for folding and for a little high to very high crysis @1920x1200 ... we mainly just high ;)

15. iancook221188

GPU:
    :thumbup:

16. Brasky

Brasky Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Gigabyte 4070 Ti Su
    hoped i would let this thread die, but for some reason my 2 580's are taking about 2 and a half to 3 minutes per TPF... when a few days ago 1:10-1:15 was the norm... any thoughts? nothing has changed on the computer except my bumping the multiplier on the cpu from 45 to 46.

17. Brasky

Brasky Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Gigabyte 4070 Ti Su
    driver update maybe?

18. iancook221188

GPU:
    are they running at there normal speed are they down clocking, there are alot of people having problems with the nvidia driver and down clocking, at the moment most people do just a restart that does the trick but i fined enabling and then disabling sli does the trick aswell with out havin to restart the computer

19. Brasky

Brasky Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Gigabyte 4070 Ti Su
    i've basically just tried a few different things at the same time and it seems to have fixed it's self... so far.