Evga's step up program

Discussion in 'Videocards - NVIDIA GeForce' started by ground_zero298, Mar 5, 2012.

1. ground_zero298

ground_zero298 Master Guru

GPU:
    integrated
    Not sure if everyone has seen this. Putting it out their for all the guys looking to buy cards now instead of waiting for Kelp to come out. Seeing we are in the 90 day window.

Buy a card, register it, and upload the invoice for purchase. When Kelp is released you can file for a step up, they will knock the price you paid for your card off the new card price.

I paid $394.00 for my 570hd, Which means I will get a $394 credit towards my 600 series when the come out.

Stipulations are 90 days to upgrade, must be in the lower 48 states.

http://www.evga.com/support/stepup/

2. sykozis

sykozis Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Asus RX6700XT
    You seem to have missed an important part...

Oh, and it's Kepler, not Kelp....

3. ---TK---

---TK--- Guest

GPU:
    2x 980Ti Gaming 1430/7296
    my 90 day window expired about a year ago

4. sykozis

sykozis Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Asus RX6700XT
    They changed the terms. Used to be any card applied for the "Step-Up Program"...now you have to buy a card with lifetime warranty or purchase an extended warranty.

5. ground_zero298

GPU:
    integrated
    Sorry I'm dyslexic, I spell things like this on a daily basis, lol And I did forget the product list.

Graphics Card
    EVGA GeForce GTX 580 - (015-P3-1580-AR)
    EVGA GeForce GTX 570 HD - (012-P3-1571-AR)
    EVGA GeForce GTX 560 Ti FPB - (01G-P3-1561-AR)
    EVGA GeForce GTX 560 Ti - (02G-P3-1568-KR)
    EVGA GeForce GTX 560 Superclocked - (01G-P3-1461-KR)
    EVGA GeForce GTX 560 2048MB Superclocked - (02G-P3-1469-KR)
    EVGA GeForce GTX 560 - (01G-P3-1460-KR)
    EVGA GeForce GTX 550 Ti FPB - (01G-P3-1556-KR)
    EVGA GeForce GTX 460 2Win - (02G-P3-1387-AR)
    EVGA GeForce GTS 450 FPB (Free Performance Boost) - (01G-P3-1450-TR)
    EVGA GeForce GT 520 - (02G-P3-1529-KR)
    EVGA GeForce GT 430 - (01G-P3-1430-LR)

6. ground_zero298

GPU:
    integrated
    I just put it up for all the new post I see every morning wondering which new card someone should get. Now one seems to want to wait a month for new cards to come out, so this was another option if they were impatient.

7. ---TK---

---TK--- Guest

GPU:
    2x 980Ti Gaming 1430/7296
    what happens if kepler got delayed and the 90 days expired? you are not going to get full value for a used product and once kepler is released that card is going to have even less value. best advice is to wait for the actual release. plus you are put in a que and that can take quite a while. people who buy kepler are going to have priority over people stepping up

8. ground_zero298

GPU:
    integrated
    Delay is possible, not saying its guaranteed they will come out in April. I took a shot on mine, If I can upgrade, good, if not, oh well.

Thing is with the internet, no one seems to want advice, everyone wants options.

9. sykozis

sykozis Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Asus RX6700XT
    With the Step-Up program, you have to buy either a product with a lifetime warranty, or a product with a 3-year warranty and purchase the extended warranty as well. Whichever you do, you are required to do with the "Step-Up" as well. So, if you step up from a GTX560Ti with Extended warranty, you have to buy the extended warranty for the new card as well. If the cost of the original extended warranty isn't taken into account, you're actually paying more for the new card by having to pay for the extended warranty + shipping, twice.

10. sykozis

sykozis Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Asus RX6700XT
    Depending on the topic....Opinions and advise can be the same thing. In this case, since there's no firm launch date, recommending people buy now and expect to use the "Step-Up Program" is a bit overzealous. There's no guarantee of an April launch and may result in some ending up with cards they don't actually want. Also, the "Step-Up Program" is only valid in the US, Canada and EU, so users outside of those areas can't rely on the "Step-Up Program"....

11. HeavyHemi

HeavyHemi Guest

GPU:
    GTX1080Ti
    As far as I know, you are not required to purchase the extended warranty for the stepup product. For example, if you step up to the EVGA GeForce GTX 580 Part# 015-P3-1580-AR, that already has a lifetime warranty. Mainly the value of the stepup program is maintaining your full purchase price (less tax, shipping and rebates) to apply to a new purchase. Personally I wouldn't base a purchase decision on it.

12. sykozis

sykozis Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Asus RX6700XT
    Check out my first post in this thread....post #2, a quote directly from eVGA's "Step-Up Program" FAQ....

Source: EVGA Step-Up™ - Upgrade program

You either have to buy a product with a lifetime warranty, or buy the Extended warranty on any product that has a 3-year warranty.

13. DinaMoe

DinaMoe Member

GPU:
    Evga GTX 580/gtx460 Physx
    How about this scenario:

You recently bought a gtx580 and your 3 month countdown has begun for Step-Up. Nvidia releases the GK104/gtx680 in April but GK110 at a date that falls outside the 3 month time frame. Now, if rumors are true, the gtx680 is NOT the successor to the gtx580.

Do we or are we even allowed to Step-Up to the GK104/gtx680?

14. DinaMoe

DinaMoe Member

GPU:
    Can anyone speculate on whether or not EVGA will make the GTX680 available for Step-Up at the prospected launch date of 3/23? In the past when there was a new release, did people have to wait in the queue very long?

15. DinaMoe

DinaMoe Member

GPU:
    Let the Step-Up begin!!

16. ground_zero298

GPU:
    integrated
    GTX 680 is on the list. Will cost me $100 to step up from my 570hd. But my step ups good through may. So I'm going to wait and see if they release a bettter version.

17. Shataan

Shataan Maha Guru

GPU:
    Gigabyte RTX 4090ti
    "must be in the lower 48 states."

Well as always.... that sux.

18. Comrade_Jerkov

Comrade_Jerkov Guest

GPU:
    Gigabyte GTX1080 G1
    The step up program is pretty nice from my experience. This was back 07 and 08. I was pretty stupid about the 8800 series and I returned my 8800GTS 320mb for a refund and bought the 640mb version.

Then during the summer of 08, while I was stationed in Germany, I used the step up program to get an 8800GTX. This was well over 90 days and I was at an APO,AE address.

My moral of the story, the step up program works but you're better off just waiting or forking out the cash to get the card you want.

19. HeavyHemi

HeavyHemi Guest

GPU:
    GTX1080Ti
    You also claimed that the product you receive with the step-up requires you to purchase the extended warranty.

"So, if you step up from a GTX560Ti with Extended warranty, you have to buy the extended warranty for the new card as well."

That is nowhere in their step-up conditions.

20. RottenMutt

RottenMutt Member

GPU:
    eVGA 7800 GTX 512BM
    no, you get to trade in a card with an extended warranty and get a card back that only has a 3 year warranty!!!
    program now is crap, and you only have 30 days to purchase an extended warranty, if you don't you give up your ability to step up.