joined the guru3d folding@home team today

Discussion in 'Folding@Home - Join Team Guru3D !' started by g000fy, Sep 12, 2008.

1. g000fy

g000fy Banned

GPU:
    2* 8800GTS 512MB (G92)
    its pretty cool to see the video cards actually doing some work besides gaming.

i joined team 69411 (which i think is the guru3d) team.
    im getting 5500ppd (per card) and i have 2 and FahMon shows me getting a total of 10986.44ppd so i guess that is pretty good....beats any single video card out there including gtx280 im assuming the radeons too.

http://fah-web.stanford.edu/cgi-bin/main.py?qtype=teampage&teamnum=69411
    shows me at rank 664 but i WILL be moving up the ladder so be ready.

2. g000fy

g000fy Banned

GPU:
    2* 8800GTS 512MB (G92)
    great to see you moved this thread from "nvidia video cards GENERAL" to the folding@home area....yea thats where everyone goes to look at things...good idea to move it there.

i can see your not trying to promote any friendly competition with people that have GPU`s (with F@H that is) because when people make posts about 3dmark`s they dont get moved.

3. aircool

aircool Don Aircooleone Staff Member

GPU:
    Zotac GTX 560 Ti 448 Core
    Generally when people post things about 3D Mark in the nvidia section they are asking for help, its been moved here because its just a thread about you telling us you have joined the folding team and your performance your getting. Which is great but folding can only ever be voluntary.

4. morbias

morbias Don TazeMeBro

GPU:
    -
    Just for the record, I moved the thread into this section as it was purely FAH related and this seemed the best place for it. Great to see you've joined the folding team.

5. g000fy

g000fy Banned

GPU:
    2* 8800GTS 512MB (G92)
    yea ou prob right
    my bad for posting in wrong forum.

6. Roostitup

Roostitup Active Member

GPU:
    GTX 275 SLI 713/1584/1242
    Good to see ya folding! Every bit helps :)

7. Lichelord

Lichelord Guest

GPU:
    X850 Pro agp/8800gs pci-e
    After years of folding for guru3d I went over to overclock.net. the community is far more into it than guru is. I couldn't get answers here so left. I pop in once in a while to help but it seems folding here is dead.

My folding name is "LicheLord" and my handle at overclock.net is "Hueristic".

Stop by there if you need help and can't get it there.:puke2:

8. Roostitup

Roostitup Active Member

GPU:
    You've come on here a few times claiming that this team and community is dead, but I believe that guru3d is beginning to build the community back up, and being rank 100 isn't necessarily "dead" by any means. Come back to guru3d, Lichelord, and lets revive this community and team! Guru3d deserves to have a great team to back up the great site :) Sometimes I wish the forums were a little more active too, but the only way to improve that is to begin building a better and bigger guru3d FAH community by posting more and inviting people to join. Let the folding begin!

9. Lichelord

Lichelord Guest

GPU:
    I'd LOVE to see this community revive! And I'll keep coming back to do what I can. But My new team is flying! Not to mention the community there needs alot more help than those here. People here are usually knowledgeable enough not to need help.:infinity:

10. Roostitup

Roostitup Active Member

GPU:
    Hehe ok, I hear ya man. Just thought I would throw it out there :)

11. Rock99

Rock99 Member Guru

GPU:
    260GTX Core216 SLI
    I also joined the f@h team yesterday and it is trying to recieve a package and failing, it has an error connecting to http or something. Please help. And can i link my f@h on my ps3 with my comp?

12. Hilbert Hagedoorn

Hilbert Hagedoorn Don Vito Corleone Staff Member

GPU:
    AMD | NVIDIA

Leave it running for a day, typically sometimes a server fails and after a while will start working again. Though any PS3 questions I can not answer.

13. Hilbert Hagedoorn

Hilbert Hagedoorn Don Vito Corleone Staff Member

GPU:
    AMD | NVIDIA
    Seriously why is posting that info in this thread relevant, are you trying to get other users to that team ? And dead, are you kidding me ? That's very disrespectful to Team Guru3D folders.

for your information, we move 200.000+ points per 24hrs and have over 200 active members. Feel free to cruch for another team if that is your desire, but please don't trash this team just because you feel better suited in that other team.

14. Rock99

Rock99 Member Guru

GPU:
    260GTX Core216 SLI
    I now have my F@H on my comp working must of been what you said but does anyone know how i can link both my accounts, i have given them the same name. :cheers:

15. Lichelord

Lichelord Guest

GPU:
    Well lets see? Hmm the question I'm answering below this has been sitting here for over 24 hours.

They should add to the same account if you use the same name.

16. omechengineeru

omechengineeru Member

GPU:
    BFG 280 O2C
    Just joined myself