Tablet pwm-free

Discussion in 'Tablets and Smart Phones' started by MasterBash, May 26, 2015.

1. MasterBash

MasterBash Guest

GPU:
    EVGA GTX970 SSC+
    I currently have a netbook which I use for browsing the net and school work. However, my eyes are burning so much. I believe it is caused by PWM, because I have a vg248qe which causes the same problem, which I replaced for a BenQ XL2430T as my primary monitor and the problem totally went away, no more eyes burning.

I want something fast enough to browse the web and do school stuff in something like microsoft office or whatever, but I will not play games or do intensive work on it.

I will want to use a keyboard too and maybe a mouse, so some kind of dock for the tablet to standup like a laptop would be nice.

However, if somebody tells me a tablet should not be used for school work (I never used a tablet with office stuff), then say so, maybe its just not worth using? Everyone appears to be using a laptop with windows or a mac in my classes.

- Must be PWM free
    - Fast enough to run some office stuff and browser like Chrome. Must be able to run a gps navigator and use pdf documents. I will also watch videos.
    - Dont need 4g, only wifi. 1080p would be cool with long battery life.
    - Will be using keyboard/mouse, need some kind of docking.

Last edited: May 26, 2015
  2. morbias

morbias Don TazeMeBro

GPU:
    -
    It's probably the light temperature that is affecting your eyes. If you have a Windows tablet try installing f.lux

3. MasterBash

MasterBash Guest

GPU:
    EVGA GTX970 SSC+
    Tried f.lux on my netbook and my eyes were still burning. =(

Same thing happened with my desktop monitor... Tried f.lux. Nothing. Problem went away the day I got a pwm-free monitor.