MSI Afterburner issue

Discussion in 'MSI AfterBurner Application Development Forum' started by Chuck, Dec 27, 2012.

1. Chuck

Chuck Guest

GPU:
    Nvidia GeForce 9800
    I am having a small but frustrating :bang:issue. 72 hours ago, I was playing Mass Effect 2, and recording the cutscenes I wanted to add to a video I was making. For this, I had carefully researched various video recorders and chosen MSI Afterburner.

MSI Afterburner has worked fantastically well for me, I've recorded a full Batman Arkham City playthrough, and about half the cutscenes I wanted in Mass Effect 2.

However, the program first ceased to show the OSD (recordings had the title of "desktop") and now no recording is possible with ME2. I am able to record Mass Effect 3, and various other programs (including no programs at all), but this change is highly annoying.

I have tried reverting to default, and re-installing both the 2.3.0 and 2.2.4 versions. I even restored my computer to an earlier point, prior to all my messing around. Any ideas on how to get the recording system working again? I feel like it's just around the corner, but I'm too stupid to see it, lol.

I'd post a pic, but I'm not certain how. So, this link: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FHf8_Aw3ROI

pretty much describes the settings I have. One note; the Active 3D processes has Masseffect2.exe, and I can't figure out how to revert that to none; it isn't in the Applications Profile list.

Hope someone can help, my winter break is slipping away :/

Edit: I have compared the settings I have on the MSI Afterburner in ME2 with the settings in ME3, DA:O and DA:II. They are identical. Therefore the problem must either be something in ME2, or in how the program is being applied to ME2? Has anyone else had this problem?

Last edited: Dec 28, 2012
  2. Chuck

Chuck Guest

GPU:
    Nvidia GeForce 9800
    bump

3. Unwinder

Unwinder Ancient Guru Staff Member

Did you install any ME2 mods including modified D3D libraries?

4. Chuck

Chuck Guest

GPU:
    Nvidia GeForce 9800
    The only modifications I have added are the DLC's Bioware released (eg Lair of the Shadow Broker, Zaeed, some weapons).

I just tried switching the compression styles and now it is recording as "desktop." However, now there is a flash of black when I hit the start/stop recording button.

5. Chuck

Chuck Guest

GPU:
    Nvidia GeForce 9800
    As I can use it...sort of...I guess I'll just let it go for now. But when I finish getting the video segments, I'm going over it with a fine-tooth comb.

Thanks for the excellent ideas and suggestions I've found in this forum. Best help for the program I've been able to get anywhere!