Overclocking not functioning properly with new drivers

Discussion in 'MSI AfterBurner Application Development Forum' started by cioz, Oct 12, 2013.

1. cioz

cioz Guest

GPU:
    GT650M 2GB DDR3
    I recently installed windows 8.1 for a better frame rate for games, therefore I could not use the 320.49 Nvidia driver anymore, since it is not compatible with Windows 8.1. My graphics card is GT650M and it works fine with the Afterburner in 320.49 driver, but not 327.20 and 331.40. It locks GPU frequency to 835 MHz and prevents the intrinsic "Nvidia boost" which boosts up the frequency to 900+MHz in gaming. In the 320.49 driver, however, both the Afterburner overclock and the automatic overclock function perfectly, generating 970MHz regular frequency and 1050+MHz in games. Since the only change was the driver, I have to ask whether the Afterburner overclocking supports any newer driver from 320.49. If not, then I should say that it is not compatible with Windows 8.1.

2. Unwinder

Unwinder Ancient Guru Staff Member

And I should say RTFM. System requirements section of documentation clearly states that mobile chips are not suppirted!!!

3. cioz

cioz Guest

GPU:
    GT650M 2GB DDR3
    ....well, i have been using it and it was working just fine for several years on my mobile graphics cards

4. JulioCesarSF

JulioCesarSF Active Member

GPU:
    SLI GTX 780 Ti
    System requirements:
    ***61623; Windows XP, Windows Vista, Windows 7 or Windows 8 (both x86 and x64 versions) with full administrative rights
    ***61623; NVIDIA GeForce 6 or newer series graphics card with NVIDIA ForceWare 96.xx or higher drivers 1
    ***61623; AMD RADEON HD 2000 or newer series graphics card with AMD Catalyst 9.3 or higher drivers 2
    ***61623; Any graphics card can be used to start application in limited functionality mode3

1 Integrated and mobile graphics cards are not officially supported

5. cioz

cioz Guest

GPU:
    GT650M 2GB DDR3
    with the newly released WHQL driver it works again

6. Unwinder

Unwinder Ancient Guru Staff Member

It is hit or miss. If it works - take it as a bonus.