PS4 Game Prices

Discussion in 'Consoles & console games' started by stevevnicks, Oct 17, 2014.

1. stevevnicks

stevevnicks Guest

GPU:
    Don't need one
    someone will play them one day, my daughter sometimes plays on the PS4, its me who's not playing them so not total waste, plus I suppose its good to build a collection .. or somit lol.

m just not going to buy anymore I don't think .. not until like I say a good sony exclusive then I can probs justify it as long as the game is decent not just the same old crap. that's just my opinion though..

Last edited: Oct 18, 2014
  2. Fender178

Fender178 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    GTX 1070 | GTX 1060
    I am not even going to purchase a PS4 until Uncharted 4 comes out. Since there really no games at the moment that I am interested in.

3. H83

H83 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    XFX Black 6950XT
    That´s why i rarely buy games when they are released, most of them are simply to expensive for what they offer. I only buy games at full price when i know that i´m really gona like them and play them, like Dark Souls, Gran Turismo, Football Manager and so on.

But if you wait 6 months or more you can buy the same games for much less! For exmaple, 90% of my PS3 games cost me less than 40€. And for PC, i´ve bought games like Witcher 1&2, Metro, Stalker and others for less than 10€!

So just be a little patient and then buy the game you like when they´re cheap.

4. Veteran

Veteran Ancient Guru

GPU:
    2xTitan XM@1590Mhz-CH20
    I remember buying games on my Neo Geo MVS for £150 way back in 1992/3. These were second hand, first hand they cost £200 - £250 so £50 for a game nowadays is quite cheap. Saying that £50 a time soon mounts up.

Last edited: Oct 19, 2014

5. Fender178

Fender178 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    GTX 1070 | GTX 1060
    Yeah same here. Or get the console later in its life cycle and you can get older games cheaper. That is what happened with me and the PS3.

6. Megabiv

Megabiv Guest

GPU:
    GTX980Ti SLI (h²o)
    Then just buy one of them then :3eyes:. If I log into steam and pick 3 brand new games it'll cost a considerable amount of money close to £100 and this is for something Digital with no resale/trade value or even a nice bit of box art. Ever bought a new N64 game, you'd be lucky to walk away with 3 brand new releases at that price.

Games have always been expensive and being PS4 games in this case is no different to any other console.

7. Ghosty

Ghosty Ancient Guru

GPU:
    RTX 3050
    There isn't much difference in price with the latest games for the PS4/XBONE. £40-£45 is what you would expect to pay for AAA releases on the last gen consoles. The other option is to download the game, but the prices are stupidly priced so why bother with that? With the only exception ever being Driveclub. But we no the reason why that is.....

8. stevevnicks

stevevnicks Guest

GPU:
    Don't need one
    the games back then where cutting edge in there time, this time around it just seems more of the same ....