MSI Afterburner 2.3.0 (2012-11-19)

Discussion in 'MSI AfterBurner Application Development Forum' started by msi-afterburner, Nov 19, 2012.

1. Phukkitt

Phukkitt Guest

GPU:
    MSI GeForce GTX 480
    Aw man, and I just got 2.2.5 yesterday... :p

The download link says "Download AfterBurner 2.3.0 - MSI announced today that its Afterburner v2.2.5 overclocking utility and its Kombustor testing utility is now available for all gamers to download worldwide."

Also, the official site (where I got 2.2.5) doesn't list it yet: http://event.msi.com/vga/afterburner/download.htm
    Clicking "Download latest MSI Afterburner beta" gets you 2.2.0 beta, but "Download MSI Afterburner" gets you 2.2.5 Beta 1... When I start the software it tells me that 2.2.5 is available for download and directs me to the same webpage... :3eyes:

Anyways, thanks for this, going to install as soon as I get home from work. :)

2. vaalea

vaalea Guest

GPU:
    AMD HD 6800
    Could Anyone please take the time and help me with a beginner sound question?

I'm trying to get my ingame sound, as well as the sound from my microphone on my G35 logitech headset to work whilst recording. But no matter what setting I seems to try out, I only manage to get my in game sound to work.

Thanks in advance.

3. Unwinder

Unwinder Ancient Guru Staff Member

If your G35 is visible as WASAPI capture device, select it as the second audio source.

4. Unwinder

Just checked the latest changes in hardware database, added from MSI side to 2.3.0 distributive and I'm afraid that I've got bad news for those who own reference design 7970 GHz Edition cards.
    The database defines any 7970 GHz Edition card as MSI custom design 7970 Lightning Boost Edition card, which means that Afterburner will search for Lightning specific voltage controller on any reference design 7970 GHz Edition card. As a result, voltage control will be available on true 7970 Lightning Boost Edition cards only.
    I'm not sure if it is a typo or not. These changes make sense only if MSI ships 7970 Lightning Boost Edition cards with reference 7970 GHz Edition BIOS, but in this case voltage control for reference 7970 GHz Edition won't work in Afterburner at all.
    I'll ask MSI to clarify those changes inside the database.

Last edited: Nov 20, 2012

5. Wovn

Wovn Guest

GPU:
    GTX 580 1,5GB
    This was awesome although I would love for a Audio Source #3! Because then I could use Virtual Audio Cable and then have it like this:

Audio Source #1 - My in-game sound
    Audio Source #2 - My friends's voices in Skype/Teamspeak
    Audio Source #3 - My microphone

But really good job on the update guys, much appreciated!

6. Merc

Merc Guest

GPU:
    kingston 1600mhz 16Gb
    im not getting any Video when Recording with VFW, i only get sound.

anyone that can tell me what im doing wrong ?

7. Unwinder

Which VFW codec?

8. Merc

Merc Guest

GPU:
    kingston 1600mhz 16Gb
    all of them i also tried the X264 codec with the recommended setting in the second post with no picture still :(.

these are my settings

[​IMG]

Last edited: Nov 20, 2012
  9. Unwinder

Define "no picture". Do you check video ****** properties and see that it is physically empty? Or there us no video in some player? Or In video editor application?

10. Merc

Merc Guest

GPU:
    kingston 1600mhz 16Gb
    open Video in VLC no Visual just Audio, File size for 1 min run time around 7-10 MB so far.

also tried the OLD MPC-HC with FFDshow Codec Extension. nothing from all VFW files that ive recorded so far.

11. Unwinder

Try to go to .\Bundle\OSDServer folder and edit SaveMedia.cfg (admin rights required!) to enable debug mode. Then record short movie (5-10 seconds is enough) and post contents of SaveMedia.log file, which will be automatically created in the same folder.

12. Merc

Merc Guest

GPU:
    kingston 1600mhz 16Gb
    so when i open i have this

[Debug]
    EnableLog = 0
    LogBufferSize = 131072

so what should i type in

[Debug]
    EnableLog = 1 ?
    LogBufferSize = 131072

13. Unwinder

Yes, set EnableLog to 1

14. Merc

Merc Guest

GPU:
    kingston 1600mhz 16Gb
    im not getting the logg :(

15. Unwinder

Then you were not editing the file from application with admin rights or did't record video. Cannot say what't wrong with your system without a log, sorry.

16. Merc

Merc Guest

GPU:
    kingston 1600mhz 16Gb
    its the admin rights apparently even tho i am admin when i try to eddit it now im getting that i need admin rights.

im not getting an admin option to open it with.

17. Unwinder

Start notepad as admin and edit the file with it

18. nhlkoho

nhlkoho Guest

GPU:
    RTX 2080ti FE
    What you want to do should already work. In previous versions I was able to record the in-game sound as well as my friends voices from Skype just by using the default recording settings. I just couldn't record my own voice.

19. Unwinder

Small workaround: happily starting from this version the databases for reference design cards and custom desigh cards are stored in different files. So it is enough to delete MSIAfterburner.oem file to get rid of all custom MSI cards support including 7970 Lightning Boost Edition.

20. Merc

Merc Guest

GPU:
    kingston 1600mhz 16Gb
    20-11-2012, 19:03:30 HostThread Attach : MSIAfterburner.exe
    20-11-2012, 19:03:30 HostThread Detach : MSIAfterburner.exe
    this is what i got