390x and 880GTX release date and performance speculation thread: For fun no really!

Discussion in 'Videocards - AMD Radeon' started by Valagard, Aug 24, 2014.

1. Valagard

Valagard Guest

So yeah, we're now in what I like to call the "Dead sea" of information coming from GPU manufactures about when their new video cards are coming out, but since I can't find a lick of info about when they could be coming out, then lets break out the popcorn and speculate!

Lets get us started:

-What are your hopes about the upcoming video cards? You expecting a massive boost in performance?

-Are you concerned with heat/performance being an issue as both cards as of for their first respective gens are 28nm chips? The 390x alone is rumored to be a 500mm sq2 chip which is massive!

-Is the large chips going to actually affect performance in a negative way? Moore's law dictates that when a chip gets too big performance starts to suffer, so even if the new cards have like 30-50% more processing units, performance might only be like 20-30% faster than the older chips.

-Is it better to go out into public with a red tie or a green tie? I mean sure, red ties hide sriracha stains, but green ties hide wasabi stains

-Will the holy war of the driver camps continue? Will both camps finally be united in unison to fight the greater evil known as iGPU by Intel?

-Does wearing a fedora make somebody look fat?

Remember, this thread is basically for people that are hyped for the new cards, you know us guys who go "OH MY GOD I'VE ALREADY SAVED UP A GRAND FOR THE NEW CARDS I HEAR THEY'RE GOING TO BE AMAZING OH MY GOD I DON'T CARE IF I NEED WINDOWS EIGHT OR NINE TO USE THEM BECAUSE MY GOD I LOVE NEW TECH!" like we do at 4AM in the morning on 4chan /g/, but lets keep it more civil than, well 4chan /g/, so that means no naked Renamon pictures sorry guys!

Last edited by a moderator: Aug 24, 2014