Afterburner 1.5.0 Final (2010-2-10)

Discussion in 'MSI AfterBurner Application Development Forum' started by Garrett_Wu, Feb 10, 2010.

1. Garrett_Wu

Garrett_Wu Member Guru

Hi All

We happily announce Afterburner 1.5.0 is officially launched. From 1.4.0, we add TONS of features. There is NO doubt that Afterburner is most powerful graphics card utility from any AIB manufacture.

below is some key feature highlight:

- More over-voltage support: We add more and more SKU supporting over-voltage function. In our plan, MSI N240 and R5570 series above will support this exclusive function. You want higher performance, buy MSI!
    - Kombustor: We add a standalone benchmark tool "Kombustor" as part of Afterburner. Now you can overclock, monitor and benchmark is one tool!

Download:http://event.msi.com/vga/afterburner/images/MSIAfterburnerSetup150.zip

Changelog

- Added videomemory usage monitoring for NVIDIA graphics cards under Forceware 185.xx and newer drivers
    - Added GPU usage monitoring for NVIDIA GT2xx and newer graphics cards under Forceware 185.xx and newer drivers
    - Added VGA BIOS version detection for AMD graphics cards
    - Added optional ability to display hint messages in hardware monitoring window area. The messages notify the user about runtime profile management activity (such as profile creation, removal or applying) and other application events
    - Minor appearance tweaks in default skins
    - Added compact versions of default skins (default green, red and blue editions)
    - Now advanced MSI Afterburner properties also support floating tooltip based context help system similar to the main application window
    - Now MSI Afterburner supports RivaTuner's user extendable localization system. Currently localization system includes default English, Russian, Traditional Chinese, Spanish, Italian and Dutch language packs and affects context help system and non-skinned advanced properties interface. Similar to RivaTuner you can also create your own language packs for your native language and share your work with MSI Afterburner users community!
    - Improved skin format. Now skinned fonts support characters remapping feature. All skins supplied with MSI Afterburner are using this feature, third party skin designers may decompile and peek into these skins to see an example of new feature usage
    - Now hardware monitoring window font size can be redefined via the skin, third party skin designers may decompile and peek into compact versions of default skins to see an example of new feature usage
    - Skin format reference documentation has been updated to v1.1 to reflect the format improvements mentioned above
    - Added shared memory interface allowing any third party applications to access MSI Afterburner hardware monitoring statistics. The interface is intended for future MSI Afterburner Vista / Windows 7 sidebar gadgets, however, the shared memory layout is publicly open so third party developers can use it to access MSI Afterburner hardware monitoring statistics from their own applications. The SDK included in MSI Afterburner distributive contains open source sample demonstrating the access to shared memory from a third party application
    - Added command line switches for forcing MSI Afterburner to be minimized to the system tray area on startup or during runtime and for opening desired advanced MSI Afterburner properties tab. The switches are intended for interraction with future MSI Afterburner Vista / Windows 7 sidebar gadgets. Sample code included in the SDK also shows you how to detect, start and minimize installed MSI Afterburner, how to open desired tab in advanced properties and how to use MSI Afterburner profiles from third party applications
    - Reduced runtime skin engine memory footprint due to dynamic skin storage unloading
    - Startup settings are now displayed next to the <Apply overclocking at system startup> button
    - Added button for locking profiles modification
    - Now voltage control is also locked by default in safety options in advanced MSI Afterburner properties
    - Added AccessibilityCheckingPeriod configuration file switch for improving the compatibility with AMD ULPS power saving technology on Crossfire systems. The switch allows low-level monitoring module to use AMD driver API to check GPU accessibility and detect and display GPU sleep state properly. Please take a note that AMD API implementation is ineffective and hardly suits to realtime monitoring due to high CPU stress resulting in periodic stuttering in games. That is why the compatibility switch is disabled by default, enable it only if you absolutely need to see slave GPU sleep state on the graphs and accept side effects like performance drop and stuttering resulting from ineffective AMD API implementation
    - Added NVIDIA GT240M PCI DeviceID range to the core to provide more efficient hardware monitoring via low-level core on mobile NVIDIA GT240 based systems (bonus feature, official mobile systems support is still not declared)
    - Graph limits are now adjustable in the graph properties in <Monitoring> tab
    - Added AMD RV810 graphics processors family supports
    - Added voltage control for custom design MSI R5670 1GB series graphics cards with uP6262 voltage regulators
    - Added voltage control for custom design MSI R5870 Lightning series Gaphics cards with uP6266 voltage regulators
    - Added voltage control for custom design MSI R5870 Twin Frozr II series Graphics cards with uP6266 voltage regulators
    - Added voltage control for custom design MSI R5850 Twin Frozr II series graphics cards with uP6266 voltage regulators
    - Added integration with external MSI Kombustor stability testing application
    - Added workaround for overclocking bug of ForceWare 196.21. Please take a note that the workaround is applied only to 196.00 - 196.21 driver versions range in order to ensure compatibility with future fixed NVIDIA drivers.
    - Now hardware database includes marketing names of MSI graphics cards so MSI Afterburner displays marketing names instead of generic graphics card model names when possible

Last edited: Feb 10, 2010
  2. theGryphon

theGryphon Active Member

GPU:
    EVGA GTX295 Dual-PCB x 2
    Thanks Garrett and of course, Unwinder! :thumbup:

3. lenehan

lenehan Member Guru

GPU:
    Asus 7970 DirectCUII TOP
    Thanks man. The wait is over.

4. Trolle

Trolle Guest

GPU:
    Gigabyte RTX3070
    its been a long time since i installed afterburner(like 2-3 months ago with my 8800gts) but is it normal that my fan jumps to 100% even tho its on 21% in afterburner?

5. Li4m79

Li4m79 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    2xPalit GTX770 Jetstream
    nice one!..if i install will it keep my previous settings??

6. DSK

DSK Banned

GPU:
    HD5770/BenQ G2220HD
    It will prompt you when uninstalling the old version to keep your settings.

7. Unwinder

Unwinder Ancient Guru Staff Member

Hope you'll like it, guys. Unfortunately I'm quiting active development/support for some time (hope a week or so) - I've just caught cold (hope not that damn flu) and have to spend some time in my bed (with a laptop :D).

8. Garrett_Wu

Garrett_Wu Member Guru

Bless you!! maybe you can bring Xbox 360 or PS3 controller to bed also. (that's what I did) :)

9. kitch9

kitch9 Guest

GPU:
    XFX 7990 3GB
    Awesome app guys! Is there any particular reason Afterburner 1.5 shows the default voltage of my GPU as 1125mv whereas 1.42 showed it as 1167mv? I haven't changed drivers or anything.

10. burebista

burebista Ancient Guru

GPU:
    MSI GTX1060GAMING X
    Unwinder take care and hope you'll be better soon. :)
    Nice present for you because today i just switch to reds with a HD5850. Afterburner is fine but from today I'll miss badly my Riva with my beloved graphs. :D

11. TheHunter

TheHunter Banned

GPU:
    MSi N570GTX TFIII [OC|PE]
    aleluja :D

12. Plug2k

Plug2k Ancient Guru

GPU:
    nice one ;) like that combuster thingy but would love to have memory card stressng intergrated into the program as just GPU stressing alone doesnt find memory faults.

hope you get better soon :D

13. Sash

Sash Ancient Guru

GPU:
    video
    say bye bye to all those nice everest plug-ins and CPU temp...
    really would be nice to include own CPU monitoring engine in Afterburner the wait for 2.25 is killing me.

bine ai venit la echipa rosie :D

Last edited: Feb 10, 2010
  14. lenehan

lenehan Member Guru

GPU:
    Asus 7970 DirectCUII TOP
    That will required more low level reading and I supposed in Windows environment isn't permit to do so if I am not wrong.

15. mR Yellow

mR Yellow Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Sapphire R9 Fury
    Thanx for the great app.

16. hallryu

hallryu Don Altobello

GPU:
    2x HD7970
    Many thanks.

17. boogieman

boogieman Ancient Guru

GPU:
    MSI GTX 1080X
    little tea and wiskey will fix that right up. :)

18. MrBozack

MrBozack Master Guru

GPU:
    Gigabyte 7850OC Windforce
    My MSI HD3870X2 1GB-OC is only listed as ATI Radeon HD 3870 X2
    Isn't it supposed to say MSI HD3870X2 1GB-OC? :3eyes:

Last edited: Feb 11, 2010
  19. Licaon

Licaon Member Guru

GPU:
    Gigabyte GTX660Ti-OC
  20. leo27

leo27 Member

GPU:
    BFG 280 GTX OC
    I just installed version 1.5.0 and get a UAC prompt on startup is there a way to fix this cause 1.4.2 didn't do this