How to turn Scaling completely off?

Discussion in 'Videocards - AMD Radeon Drivers Section' started by ImAlwaysWrong, Nov 17, 2014.

1. ImAlwaysWrong

ImAlwaysWrong Guest

GPU:
    GTX 970
    Ive heard that it adds to the input lag even if your using your native resolution, so what is the best option? no GPU scaling and tick maintain aspect ratio?

2. theoneofgod

theoneofgod Ancient Guru

GPU:
    RX 580 8GB
    Don't enable GPU scaling if everything works fine.

3. ImAlwaysWrong

ImAlwaysWrong Guest

GPU:
    GTX 970
    I think it was a weird bug or maybe because I was using CRU? because no matter if the Use GPU scaling was ticked or not those 3 options (maintain aspect ratio and...) would still work and change themselves from time to time. I switched my monitor with the older one and was testing stuff and after I connected the new monitor again it got fixed itself.

4. Espionage724

Espionage724 Guest

If I recall right, I thought AMD made it so those settings would work without GPU scaling a few driver releases ago; but I'm not sure. I could have sworn I saw this myself in the past, but it seems it's normal for me currently:

[​IMG]

5. ImAlwaysWrong

ImAlwaysWrong Guest

GPU:
    GTX 970
    Its back again! it just does whatever it wants without my permission. GPU Scaling is not ticked but its On... Is there anyway to fix this? Does uninstalling CCC fix this?

6. ImAlwaysWrong

ImAlwaysWrong Guest

GPU:
    GTX 970
    WTH!? I just completely uninstalled AMD drivers and CCC using DDU and now the gpu scaling is still there and is on the use centered timings that I had left it on before uninstalling!

7. ImAlwaysWrong

ImAlwaysWrong Guest

GPU:
    GTX 970
    I even tried editing registries myself, at first it looks its working but it suddenly goes back to whatever scaling mode it wants...

8. Noisiv

Noisiv Ancient Guru

GPU:
    2070 Super
    I had this exact problem.
    (when trying different resolutions within Amiga emulator)

Resolution would scale or refuse to scale regardless of CCC settings.
    Eventually I sorted this out through sheer luck and number of tries.
    Turning it on and off, reseting at default... rinse and repeat...