Internet speedtest.

Discussion in 'Network questions and troubleshooting' started by nz3777, Feb 27, 2016.

1. nz3777

nz3777 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Gtx 980 Radeon 5500
    Ok so the last few weeks I have been having some problems with my Comcast Internet, for example the wi/fi was painfully slow. The modem I was using is a ARRIS TG862G/CT wi/fi is 802.11n only. I did the ookla speed test and it came up 12mb/s download and 2/ up I think?

I changed Modems and here is the new result btw! 90 mb/s Download and 11.86 mb/s upload, Ping 9ms/.The new Modem is a Cicso which has both 2.5 wifi and also 5ghz wife model number.... Cisco DPC 3939 everything is like lightning fast now, I have 2 computer ( desktops ) running off it, 3 wi/fi devices plus a xbox 360 for watching netflix! When I called them to complain they said the modem is just fine well this proves otherwise. I am real happy with the service now but looking to expand my wi/fi its not so great what schould I use powerline adapters?

2. nhlkoho

nhlkoho Guest

GPU:
    RTX 2080ti FE
    Is that Arris model one of the Comcast modem's that also broadcast a xfinity wifi signal that anybody with a comcast account can connect to?

Powerline adapters are hit and miss. If the wiring in your house sucks than so will your connection. I'd get a cheap range extender or access point and just strengthen your wifi signal.

3. nz3777

nz3777 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Gtx 980 Radeon 5500
    I have no idea which one it is but i am telling you my internet speed is INSANE now, My steam account will download at 10mb/s I have NEVER seen that before with any provider I had in the past! The very top I reached on steam was about 3mb/s so 10 is just insane in my opinion.Things are all gravy on my end I love it.

4. Fender178

Fender178 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    GTX 1070 | GTX 1060
    Maybe the new modem is compatible with something with in the Comcast network that the previous Modem was not. Or Comcast upgraded their service to you at some point and your old Modem wasn't compatible with the upgrade.

5. nz3777

nz3777 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Gtx 980 Radeon 5500
    Well when You change your Modem dont you need to call the serial number in to them? All I did was swap modems no phone calls or nothing.I spoke to a few people who had my previous modem and everyone has same opinion its no good.

6. Madge

Madge Guest

GPU:
    4gb
    You should use only one system on it in this you will get problem solved.

7. nz3777

nz3777 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Gtx 980 Radeon 5500
    Actually that is not true I now run 2 Desktops dedicated gaming machines, 1 apple ipod, 1 xbox 360, and 1 tablet all off the one modem and I have no problem whatsoever! I get top 98% on speedtest well over 90 Mb/s Up 11.37 Mb/s Down 10 ms ping on both systems.

Yes the Modem WAS the problem, I am using a much better Cysco unit now.