DP 1.2 to HDMI 2.0 + 4K TV - no signal?

Discussion in 'Videocards - AMD Radeon Drivers Section' started by cowman, Feb 6, 2016.

1. cowman

cowman Guest

I wasn't sure if this is the right forum to post in... I figured its amd gpu / driver related so i thought i'd give it a go.

I have an r9 290 running the 16.1 drivers. I purchased the Club 3D adapter (link) with the amazon HDMI 2.0 cable (link) and I'm unable to get any signal at all on my 4K TV (link). If I plugin the HDMI 2.0 cable into my HDMI port on my GPU I get 4k (30hz). I do use the display port on my GPU for my 1080p 144hz monitor so I know it is functional at least with 1080p.

All of the HDMI ports on my tv are 4k 60hz capable so I know thats not the issue. Does anyone know if there is there any specific setting I need to set on my driver settings to get this to function?

Thanks in advance

update: It appears to be the Club3D adapter. I plugged the HDMI cable into my 1440p monitor which is only 1.4a and got 1080p. I plugged the HDMI2.0 cable using the club3d adapter into Display port and the display signal blinks on and off. It's possible the one i have is faulty, but has anyone else had success with this adapter or otherwise?

Last edited by a moderator: Feb 6, 2016
  2. maur0

maur0 Master Guru

GPU:
    point of view gtx 570 1gb
  3. theoneofgod

theoneofgod Ancient Guru

GPU:
    RX 580 8GB
  4. Shadowxaero

Shadowxaero Guest

GPU:
    Zotac RTX 4090 Amp
    There was a firmware update for it you could try. I am not at home but you can email club 3d for it. I can also upload it when I get to the house if you need it.

The update help my issues I had with my signal going in and out occasionally.

5. cowman

cowman Guest

Thanks for the information. I did contact them and they did send me the firmware update. It's better... but it still blinks. I'm going to do some more testing tomorrow and see if i can even get 1080P working through it. I'm able to get a 1080P 60hz signal using it on my PC monitor but it only accepts a 1.4a signal.

6. spyre

spyre Guest

GPU:
    AMD 6990 and 6970 TF
    I had flickering on my 980Ti at 4K @ 60Hz via DP to HDMI 2.0 until I updated the firmware on the adapter and it now works OK.

Beforehand I could only run at 30Hz without it blinking on and off every few seconds.

7. cowman

cowman Guest

I assume you are using the same Club3D adapter?

FYI,

I took this video of the behavior I'm getting...

Is this what you were seeing as well?

https://goo.gl/photos/9BLCNzfRjjFNk2vg6

Last edited by a moderator: Feb 10, 2016
  8. Plug2k

Plug2k Ancient Guru

GPU:
    how would you go about updating the firmware on these or finding out what firmware you have in the first place before updating it.

9. spyre

spyre Guest

GPU:
    AMD 6990 and 6970 TF
    @cowman

Yes that was the same thing I was getting. Yes I am using the club adapter CAC-1070

@Plug2k

The updating tool allows you to download the existing firmware to see what it is although I just uploaded the new one directly since I like to live dangerously :)

10. cowman

cowman Guest

Can you share what firmware version your adapter has?

The file Club3d support sent me is ps176b0_0x07.0x00.0x1e_encryt_bank12.hex which I have loaded and the video above is with this firmware.

11. spyre

spyre Guest

GPU:
    AMD 6990 and 6970 TF
    It is the same one as the one you posted.

12. Plug2k

Plug2k Ancient Guru

GPU:
    guys what is the link to the firmware tool or software that can extract firmware from adapter to compare to see if its the latest version.....

also my issue with the adapter seems to be i can only select 4096x2160 resolution @60hz
    i cant get resolution @3840x2160 @60hz or any other resolutions under that, they scale to those resolutions on screen but resolution on UHDTV still shows @4096x2160

also i get that display flickering on and off randomly but not all the time issue.

also i have the mini dp to hdmi 2.0 club3d adapter model
    not the dp to hdmi 2.0 adater club3d model and the firmwares might be different between the 2.