Riva Help Please

Discussion in 'RivaTuner Advanced Discussion forum' started by RebornGG, Jun 20, 2003.

1. RebornGG

RebornGG Guest

ok, seeings this is the riva tuner thread, could someone tell me how to use it?

ive opened it up and had a little fiddle but anything i thought id changed hadnt done diddly.

what is the basic procedure to get this thing going?
    any helpers please?

thx
    RebOrN

2. Kakaru2

Kakaru2 Master Guru

GPU:
    Gigabyte 8800GTX 768MB
    It has builded right click help.
    That should give you more than all the basics.
    And you can use search in this forum for more advanced issues.

3. RebornGG

RebornGG Guest

i want to activate fastwrites etc but dont know how :O

4. boogieman

boogieman Ancient Guru

GPU:
    MSI GTX 1080X
    Q: I’m sure that my display adapter supports AGP FastWrites/Sideband addressing, but AGP settings in RivaTuner are grayed. How can I enable it?

A: First, you must have at least a GeForce256 and Detonator 5.32 or higher drivers to change FastWrites settings, and at least Detonator 6.34 to change Sideband addressing settings. Second, read the previous question. FastWrites and Sideband addressing settings can cause your system to hang, that’s why I disabled it by default. If you know what is Safe mode and you don’t afraid of BSOD, you can enable these settings in RivaTuner via the registry:

[HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\Software\Unwinder\RivaTuner\Detonator\Global]

"LockDangerSettings"=dword:00000000

Or use poweruser.

It's in the f*ckin docs folder of Rivatuner.

Don't want to sound mean but it's all before your eyes.

5. RebornGG

RebornGG Guest

ok your sounding mean.. :p

silly me for asking for help in a riva tuner forum.. about the riva tuner .. doh!

6. Kakaru2

Kakaru2 Master Guru

GPU:
    Gigabyte 8800GTX 768MB
    Well, not that Boogieman wanted to do it on purpose, but this forum is flooded with questions already answered in the readme and FAQ.
    After all , that's the role of the FAQ - Frequently Asked Questions- and people should really read it before posting these questions here. It's perhaps your first time you visited here, and you may feel that's your right to post your problem, but for me, Alexey and some other here this is the 10 000 + time we visited and 500+ time we may hear the same old question.
    Hope you all understand and try to read the FAQ and readme before post. And also try to use the search button more often.

7. RebornGG

RebornGG Guest

Understandable..
    but being new to the forum (and forums in general) it will take me MANY visits to get used to it all and READ whats already available.

8. Kakaru2

Kakaru2 Master Guru

GPU:
    Gigabyte 8800GTX 768MB
    Indeed, but also remeber that the FAQ and readme are on your computer. So, take the time to read them offline.
    If you still have questions left unanswered then by all means please post them here.

9. boogieman

boogieman Ancient Guru

GPU:
    MSI GTX 1080X
    I agree with Kakaru2.
    If you would do a search on my name, you will find most of my posts are in response for help and not questions of what is already known information in RT.

People who don't read and research about the programs they are about to use "maybe" should not be using them. :D

Welcome to the forum(s) RebornGG post back freely.