ROCCAT Kave XTD 5.1 Digital out now

Discussion in 'Frontpage news' started by Hilbert Hagedoorn, Jan 30, 2014.

1. Hilbert Hagedoorn

Hilbert Hagedoorn Don Vito Corleone Staff Member

GPU:
    AMD | NVIDIA
    ROCCAT Studios today announces the availability of the Kave XTD 5.1 Digital gaming headset in Europe and North America. The true 5.1 gaming headset is the flagship version of the new Kave XTD series. ...

ROCCAT Kave XTD 5.1 Digital out now

2. Hozza

Hozza Guest

GPU:
    MSI GTX780Ti under water!
    Hopefully it will be more comfortable than the old Kave model.

3. ccmclaugh

ccmclaugh Member

GPU:
    EVGA GTX260 192
    "This alignment provides a real – not virtual – 5.1 surround environment"

A REAL 5.1 surround environment requires 6 REAL sound sources. This headset has 3 speakers. It provides VIRTUAL 5.1. They are setting themselves up for a lawsuit if they are advertising it like that.

4. eclap

eclap Banned

GPU:
    Palit GR 1080 2000/11000
    You don't need that many speakers for surround. You have 2 ears, 2 large speakers will always be enough. My view on these headsets is well known. The original Kaves were terrible and by far the most uncomfortable out of all the headphones I've tried. They have a lot of improving to do. We'll see.

5. DSD99

DSD99 New Member

GPU:
    EVGA GTX 670 FTW
    Try reading it properly - its 3 speakers per ear i.e 6 speakers.
    i know because i've had tritton AX Pros for 2 years which do the same thing.
    yes its not as good as an actual 5.1 system but its good for those without the space for a full speaker setup.

6. GenClaymore

GenClaymore Ancient Guru

GPU:
    3070 TI 8GB
    I must was looking at another headphone then because i thought it said two driver's Neverless you be much better off getting a cheap sound card like a Xonar DG/DGX or U3 and config the sound card or U3 for 5.1 in it panel and windows and then config Dolby headphone to mode 1 for Ref or the other 2 mods, and then getting a pair of superlux headphones.

Because really there only so much things they can do when they make 5.1 headphones with 3 drivers on each cup because of the size of the drivers they use, I know they do this to simulate a 5.1 speaker setup but its not perfect. At their price point you can do much better for your money, Superlux headphones are a good start like their HD660,HD661,HD668 as well their HME660 which has a mic if it needed. As any headphone can be used for gaming, it doesn't has to mention it or say it in it name.

I had my fair share of 5.1 headset's that I have owned in the past, there really isn't so much more they can do for the price you paying for them.

Last edited: Jan 30, 2014
  7. Ryu5uzaku

Ryu5uzaku Ancient Guru

GPU:
    6800 XT
    I never understood headphones with many speakers. Since stereo headphones will give you surround as long as it is supported in games/movies whatevs.

8. Ghosty

Ghosty Ancient Guru

GPU:
    RTX 3050
    Hopefully Hilbert Hagedoorn will do a review on these soon.

9. Glasofruix

Glasofruix Active Member

GPU:
    MSI GTX 980
    I really liked the original kaves, for gaming they are great, too bad with time something broke and sounded horrible during bass heavy moments.