Tera rising

Discussion in 'Videocards - AMD Radeon Drivers Section' started by Dan011093, Jul 31, 2014.

1. Dan011093

Dan011093 Member Guru

GPU:
    HD 5870/5850 CF
    Hello guys i started playing Tera rising a few days ago, and im getting real real low fps when theres a lot of people on the screen, not sure why is this happening, but its annoying. First of all id like to make Crossfire work for this game, because with cfx on or off, doesnt make a difference, even though both cards are heating up. Does anyone know a good RadeonPro Config to make it work?
    Also, im on a core i7 920 stock, ive heard this game sucks at using multiple cores and such, but really id like to find a way to run on at least good graphical settings and at least 30 fps, because when i go to crowded places, it drops to 12 fps.

Thanks in advance and sorry for the bad grammar im really tired atm.

2. mahmoud elfar

mahmoud elfar Guest

GPU:
    Radeon HD6750M OC 775 950
    you didnt say any thing about your currently display driver may be it's the problem you need to update it

3. xacid0

xacid0 Guest

GPU:
    Zotac GTX980Ti AMP! Omega
    Overclocked your CPU, the game only use CPU 2 cores and when there's many people in the area it quickly become CPU bottleneck. MMO is one of the genre that will hugely benefit from Mantle. Ain't gonna happen tho.

4. Dan011093

Dan011093 Member Guru

GPU:
    HD 5870/5850 CF
    sorry, my specs are:
    Driver: Catalyst 14.4
    Videocards: 2 HD 5850 in CF
    CPU: Intel core i7 920

I know my cpu bottlenecks oin this game (as many others even a 4770k runs @ 25 fps on nexus) but on Corsairs stronghold FE, my cpu takes the fps down to 30, (yeah the game is badly optimized even a 4770k drops fps in those areas) but, my videocard drops to 12fps. what im trying to say is that cpu aside, id like to use cfx to boost my fps, specially on those areas. (i know its not the cpu that takes fps down to 12 because on lowest settings i get 30 fps on those areas, and if the people leaves the area even with highest settings i get 90 fps and such (that eliminates both bottlenecks)).

5. BenYeeHua

BenYeeHua Guest

GPU:
    Asus 650M D3
    I think you may wanna try disable CF to see did it run better, normally when the game is CPU bound, it will causing lower performance for CF/SLI.

6. Dan011093

Dan011093 Member Guru

GPU:
    HD 5870/5850 CF
    I ended up disabling CFX, sadly... anyone knows if 14.4 drivers are good for this game as it is dx9 cause ive heard some things about theese drivers not being good for dx9 games and such.