Should marijuana be legalized?

Discussion in 'The Guru's Pub' started by airbud7, Apr 27, 2014.

1. airbud7

airbud7 Guest

GPU:
    pny gtx 1060 xlr8
    I think its a waste of government resources(enforcing justice on marijuana users)... If marijuana became regulated, the government would gain billions in tax revenues...

Just curious, what are your thoughts on legalizing weed?/pros and cons...:toke:

2. The Phoenix

The Phoenix Maha Guru

GPU:
    Gigabyte RTX 3070
    i think yes,it would keep alot of non violent (nonviolent before they went to prison anyway) felons out of an already crowded prison system,an the revenue would help debt and taxes,or even schools as alot of lottery money is used for

3. Extraordinary

Extraordinary Guest

GPU:
    ROG Strix 1080 OC
    Wouldn't everyone just start growing plants/selling dope and the gov get next to nothing?

4. Darkest

Darkest Guest

GPU:
    3060ti Vision OC V2
    I totally support legalisation for Marijuana, even if it's just for medical use to start with. There's a small fortune being spent to put people behind bars, who have done nothing more than take a drug that's less dangerous than alcohol. Not to mention the gains in tax from legally selling the stuff.

5. Doug

Doug Guest

GPU:
    GTX 970
    I use it daily and am rather depressed if I don't, but not prescribed.. my own fault. So half of me wants it legalised and half sees the bad hooks it can get into a person and the side effects that brings.

That being said deaths from it = 0, deaths from Alcohol = hundreds of thousands per year all told, and it's the people going out binge drinking every weekend who look down on smokers like moi...

6. StewieTech

StewieTech Chuck Norris

GPU:
    MSI gtx 960 Gaming
    **** yeah.

7. Doug

Doug Guest

GPU:
    GTX 970
    Stewie what are the rules in Portugal? I know in Spain you are allowed to grow your own

8. scoter man1

scoter man1 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    MSI GTX 1070ti
    I struggle with if it should or not. I've never used nor plan to, so you won't convince me that it's not bad for you or it's good for you. The only thoughts I have is you may increase the number of people driving under the influence of a drug. Last thing I want is more sh!tty drivers out there, because we already have plenty.

Of course, you could always argue about why alcohol is legal and weed isn't.

For me, I feel like there's too many unknowns to know if it would be more bad than good.

9. Pete J

Pete J Master Guru

GPU:
    Some of those as well
    Yup.

The fact that alcohol is legal to consume and weed isn't is complete hypocrisy.

10. Loophole35

Loophole35 Guest

GPU:
    EVGA 1080ti SC
    Yes it should but it should be smoke what you grow or purchase it from a store. If you grow you must apply for a permit and renew yearly like your tag on your car. Selling would remain illegal.

11. StewieTech

StewieTech Chuck Norris

GPU:
    MSI gtx 960 Gaming
    If you are 18 y.o. or older and you get caught smoking it, you pay a small fine. Growing or selling is a crime. Kinda borderline here.

12. scipio

scipio Guest

GPU:
    Evga 1080 gaming
    It's semi legal here already, yes

13. WhiteLightning

WhiteLightning Don Illuminati Staff Member

GPU:
    Inno3d RTX4070
    yes of course :thumbup:

14. Strikerx80

Strikerx80 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    eVGA 980 Ti SC +120/+300
    yes with the same regulation that has been given to alcohol.

15. BLEH!

BLEH! Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Sapphire Fury
    Legalising these things would solve a lot of problems.

16. WhiteLightning

WhiteLightning Don Illuminati Staff Member

GPU:
    Inno3d RTX4070
    enjoying a bit of amnesia haze right now :D

17. rflair

rflair Don Coleus Staff Member

GPU:
    5700XT
    Many places are already decriminalizing it and a good number are also legalizing its use.

:toke::toke::toke:

I'll be joining WhiteLightning in a few minutes.

Last edited: Apr 27, 2014
  18. SplashDown

SplashDown Maha Guru

GPU:
    EVGA 980ti Classy
    Its already legal for medical use here in Michigan. I myself use it for my back, degenerate disk [I'm losing my disk between vert's]. Its also been shown to help soldiers with PTSD, so be careful before you judge to harshly. The government is currently blocking research into it for our veterans, wich is wrong if it helps them.

19. Loobyluggs

Loobyluggs Ancient Guru

GPU:
    RTX 3060 12GB
    converted to tablet/capsule form? yes.

Allowed to be smoked? No.

20. 0blivious

0blivious Ancient Guru

GPU:
    7800 XT / 5700 XT
    Here in Washington State, we legalized it for "medical" use years ago. We legalized it for everyone about a year and a half ago. The State stores aren't set-up yet (by June supposedly), but it is no longer illegal to be in possession of marijuana.

I think Colorado is doing this better (also legalized same time as us) and my state is screwing this up, but regardless, it's legal and moving in that direction all over. I believe it will be Federally legalized in my lifetime (40 now). We seem to be heading there.