75 percent of Windows Phone Owners Migrate to Android or iOS

Discussion in 'Frontpage news' started by Hilbert Hagedoorn, Nov 18, 2015.

1. Hilbert Hagedoorn

Hilbert Hagedoorn Don Vito Corleone Staff Member

GPU:
    AMD | NVIDIA
  2. kanej2007

kanej2007 Guest

GPU:
    MSI GTX 1080 TI 11GB
    Hardly a surprise. Very restricting operating system and lack of control/customization...

3. AKMS

AKMS Member

GPU:
    Gigabyte G1 Gaming 980 ti
    Misleading. They haven't made a flagship phone since the Lumia 1020. Of course everyone's going to switch to another OS.

And to the other user saying it's restrictive, it's just as bad as iOS. The only difference is that iOS has a richer store.

4. SirDremor

SirDremor Master Guru

GPU:
    Nvidia GTX 1050
    I am myself on a second Windows Phone - Lumia 930. Previously I used Symbian, no iOS or Android... and nothing will prompt me to switch to Android or, god forbid, iOS. I am only afraid to thnk of full Windows phone demise, but I hope it won't happen.
    Also, for some reason IT department colleagues in our company also switch to Windows phone. In the last 1.5 years 5 of my colleagues switched from Android to Windows... I know we are probably exceptions, but still nice to know.

Personally I am looking forward to Windows 10. Not entirely to the OS itself, but possibilities it brings to developers. Hope this kickstarts good app development (I mean quality-wise good apps. There's no lack of crappy apps on Windows store).

Last edited: Nov 18, 2015

5. southamptonfc

southamptonfc Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Zotac 4090 OC
    My Mrs has a Nokia lumia. If you switch the phone off, the alarms don't work. :bang:

If you have an Office 365 subscription, it's not compatible, you would need Office business version. Pretty much the only reason why you might want a Windows mobile device and MS don't allow it. These people are insane.

More evidence of the extensive use of the crack pipe at MS is despite their poor performance in the mobile space, they continue the march with Win10 for a one size fits all OS while continuing to alienate their traditional core customers. So they're shifting to a market that they're getting destroyed in. Awesome stuff MS.

6. Anarion

Anarion Ancient Guru

GPU:
    GeForce RTX 3060 Ti
    I'll likely move back once Windows 10 mobile is up and running smoothly.

It's actually rather rare that they work. I'm pretty sure they don't work in Z3 Compact. My Honor 6 now (at least since lollipop update) asks if I want to keep the alarm when I shut down the phone (and then it would boot automatically).

7. kosh_neranek

kosh_neranek Guest

GPU:
    Palit GTX 1070@2101 Boost
    M$ only chance is enterprise segment. They need to become the next blackberry but they need to do it properly and not like BB. They have everything in their hands now. Main and good OS for enterprises, good HW basis and they just need to push hard on simplifying App development for mobiles and perfecting their control&deployment through server OS.Let's see how that ends up.They have little to none chance with basic users

8. rl66

rl66 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Sapphire RX 6700 XT
    i have tried iOS, it is too much "you are a sheep..."

then i switch to android the "big brother's OS" (why is it an offline game need to have access to your contact list and full data transfer ???).

then i switch to BlackOS (the blackphone's Android) it was better... but not enough.

then i switch to no smartphone and everything was solved lol

on other hand i have tested WP10 and despite looking like WP8 (which i hate a lot on nearly every point) and it is quite a good OS, way better than previously...
    as it is quite new on market i think that most of the WP activated are 8... and so i found that is not too much lost then :) as i would think that 99% of the user would have switched to other OS (1% are M$ employe :) shhhh i won't tell that you have iPhone for personal use).

M$ will have a long road to make people forget the W8/WP8 fail...

9. rl66

rl66 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Sapphire RX 6700 XT
    the flagship will be released soon check the WP portail (after a long long waiting, it was not so easy to switch from Nokia to own brand...)

10. SirDremor

SirDremor Master Guru

GPU:
    Nvidia GTX 1050
    If you really think so, you are just mistaken.
    ... or you make a pretty strange choices based on a single criteria.

11. twtaylor

twtaylor Ancient Guru

GPU:
    RTX 3060 12gb
    It was the lack of apps that made me switch to an iPhone when my contract was up. I really liked it but it didn't really have what I wanted like banking apps and what not.

12. nexxusting

nexxusting Guest

GPU:
    GTX 980 SC /w EK-FCGTX980
    Dude, we get it. You don't hate Windows Phones.

Do YOU get that you're pretty much the only one here? If not THE only one?

I can't see a single G3D member who knows what he's doing using a joke a phone like a Windows Phone. Sorry....

Not a single Android phone will "delete" your alarms at any point. If they're set they stay through reboots.

Really not sure what you're talking about saying your phone asks you if you want to keep your alarms. That's the dumbest thing I have ever heard if that's true, if so that is ONLY for Sony Android's. Sounds like something Sony would stupidly do.

I'd never own a Sony phone to be honest. BTW as well, "Compact" phones are for women, FYI. I really hope it was at the very least, a black phone. Hehe. :)

13. Fox2232

Fox2232 Guest

GPU:
    6900XT+AW@240Hz
    There are no x86/x86_64 based cellphones with windows.
    If you could use same productivity and entertainment application as you do on PC, then windows phone would be much more popular.

I was looking for device like that for long time. Maybe one will be available next year. But if not, then windows phone on ARM will still be inferior to Android on ARM.

14. Extraordinary

Extraordinary Guest

GPU:
    ROG Strix 1080 OC
    I'm one of those stats, from L710 > L520 > L625 > Galaxy S5

15. MikeMK

MikeMK Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Nvidia RTX 4090
    I have to say that I do really like the Windows phone interface, but the lack of decent app support really kills it for me.

16. Jakiro

Jakiro Guest

GPU:
    GTX580 4GB
    Thanks god i never made my choices by statistics or being a crowd follower!
    I like plain stuff, practical and logical to use.
    This is something Microsoft (not always sure but in most cases) have it as a standard.
    Google, want to hit Microsoft by doing everything opposite!
    Personally i find the whole android and all google product settings to completely wrong places!

17. scoter man1

scoter man1 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    MSI GTX 1070ti
    I was going to say, I remember going to a windows store not too long ago, and I was vastly disappointed in all of their phone's level of performance. Lag was very present on all of them, and long load times.

18. BangTail

BangTail Guest

GPU:
    EVGA 2080 Ti XC
    Yup, love my 930, looking forward to 950 in the near future.

19. masterboy

masterboy Guest

GPU:
    GTX 960M 4GB GDDR5
    Ill get soon Lumia 640 DS... In this price segment there is no better android phone... Neather i want to use android anymore... It's make me mad using my phone... Maybe cause the current is budget android too... but in reallity i flash android than have to root remove preinstalled apps... than in 1-2month my phone is slow again... after 6month i always have to flash it... Very impressive android technology just i dont know how to maintaince it. :D

20. ManofGod

ManofGod Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Sapphire R9 Fury Nitro
    Well, then you are pretty blind because I know what I am doing. Guess what, *GASP* *SUPRISE* I am using a Windows Mobile 8.1 Phone. (HTC One M8 for Windows.) Can you give me a good reason to switch please? I am waiting?