I need help and info

Discussion in 'MSI AfterBurner Application Development Forum' started by docter_awesome, Sep 1, 2013.

Tags:
  1. docter_awesome

docter_awesome Guest

GPU:
    amd radeon 7770 2gb
    I wasn't sure if this was the right place to post or not so point me in the right direction if it isn't. So my problem is I stupidly increased the power limit, core clock, and memory clock settings in msi afterburner not knowing 100% what that would do then shortly after my computer crashed no error message just a pixelated bluish screen. Once I restarted my pc everything worked fine but my fps in all my games has dropped a lot. I have checked in the device manager and the pc is still recognizing my card so I know its not fully broken at least. Can any of you shed some more light on either how to fix this or is my card basically junk now.

cpu- intel core i3 2120
    8 gigs of ram
    amd radeon 7770 2 gigs
    windows 8

2. JUNKIE

JUNKIE Guest

GPU:
    EVGA 980TI Hybrid
    Stupidly go back into afterburner and set all to default?

3. docter_awesome

docter_awesome Guest

GPU:
    amd radeon 7770 2gb
    Yeah I tried that it had no effect.

4. Hilbert Hagedoorn

Hilbert Hagedoorn Don Vito Corleone Staff Member

GPU:
    AMD | NVIDIA
    The settings will not stick after a reboot unless you made a profile and selected 'Apply OC at startup'.

Be sure to uncheck that box. If that isn't it then it is not AB related and the AMD driver is simply doing something. Reset the AMD catalyst driver (overdrive) to defaults.