All BF2 Players Read! Important!

Discussion in 'Guru of 3D Clan' started by Potyondi, Sep 27, 2006.

1. Potyondi

Potyondi Master Guru

GPU:
    ASUS EAX1900XTX 512MB + VF-900
    It is unfortunate for me to announce that unless I get more support for the BF2 server, it will be no more. I watch everyone who goes in and out of the server, and I see what days we have people and what days we don't. The problem here is that people are only playing in the server on Saturdays (sometimes not even then), and lately we haven't even been able to get past 10 people. If I had to guess i'd say that only half of our BF2 division is active.

I am asking for our members to be more active in the clan server, arrange meetings, do whatever you have to do to try and start a game once in a while. There is no point in me paying $90 dollars a month for a server that gets used 2-3 times a month.

Please leave comments on how you feel about this, and I am sorry that it has come to this.

Last edited: Sep 27, 2006
  2. Jeremy

Jeremy Guest

GPU:
    -
    I completley agree, I would play but I need to purchase the game and I don't have the money right now. I also cannot play at the time you do because I am part of a youth yachting scheme that runs the same time you guys play :(.

3. morbias

morbias Don TazeMeBro

GPU:
    -
    I work a whole lot, but when I'm not at work it seems nobody else is online. I was wondering what the ratio is for US:EU players?

Anyhow, while playing 4 a side on the G3D server is alright for a bit of fun, you get no real sense of teamwork as the squad needs to split up to cap the flags. I say we should arrange a date and a time and go on a half-full server and play against people as a squad.

4. fajitasforme7

fajitasforme7 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    EVGA 7900GTX
    yeah like i go to check if any1s on on everyday but saturday but no1 is there so i dont go and play on the server

but maybe from now on if theres no1 in it then ill just join and see if any1 will come since 1 person is there

Last edited: Sep 27, 2006

5. Ade 1

Ade 1 Master Guru

GPU:
    Gigabyte GTX 690
    Hi there.

Yeah, me too. Nearly every night when I load up BF2 whether it's at 9pm, 11pm, midnight or 1am in the morning, I always go into the server first but I've never been in there once when someone else is in there. Therefore, rather than wait, I'll go and join another server.

Believe me, I would love to get more games going in here but I suppose my problem is that I live in the UK and I'm not sure whether all other members are States based therefore probably going on when I'm just going to bed!

If anyone in the UK/Europe wants to state a day/time then I'm more than happy to join. Can any member get on around 11pm UK time?

Suppose it's just been a case of going on whenever people can and invariably no one else is in the server therefore they leave and go elsewhere.

6. Drunken Shooter

Drunken Shooter Guest

GPU:
    EVGA 2070 super FTW
    Sheesh its more barren than homer simpsons sperm count.
    where the heck is everyone..... come out! come out! where ever u are.

Last edited: Sep 28, 2006
  7. Ade 1

Ade 1 Master Guru

GPU:
    Gigabyte GTX 690
    Hi again.

When you post "game tonight" what time do you actually go on the server and what would that be in GMT? Just so I know what time I need to get on.

Cheers.

8. Potyondi

Potyondi Master Guru

GPU:
    I make a post on Guru3D right before I go in, and I bring some friends. There is no actual set time, because sometimes I/We need to work.

9. noh0pe4u

noh0pe4u Member

GPU:
    nVidia 7800 GS
    it just so happened that the first two saturdays i couldnt show up. sorry about that. but im positive i can make it this saturday unless my teachers decide to slam me with loads of homework over the weekend.

10. Ade 1

Ade 1 Master Guru

GPU:
    Gigabyte GTX 690
    I understand - I'll keep a look out for your post and get on over.

11. cowie

cowie Ancient Guru

GPU:
    GTX
    well how about a 10 buck per month charge or 30 for three months.thats what we did in the dogz clan till somepeeps got pissed at others than disbanded.it sortof gets peeps to play to cus they pay so they play,it works i'm not in clan but pm me your info i'll be the first to help out o.k?

12. Paladinchan

Paladinchan Guest

GPU:
    EVGA RTX 2080 FTW3
    ....um....idea?

could we make a sticky tread where ppl that have servers for games put there IPs up and other info....i would find it nice ...one spot to go lookin

13. Potyondi

Potyondi Master Guru

GPU:
    All our server IP's are in the first post of this thread, read the sticky.

@Cowie,

I like your idea, maybe I will make a poll

14. Woodmasterfox

Woodmasterfox Ancient Guru

GPU:
    ATI Mobility Radeon 9200
    I didn't even know we had a BF2 server, I've been playing on the texas militia servers.

15. noh0pe4u

noh0pe4u Member

GPU:
    nVidia 7800 GS
    heres an idea.

howabout we require everyone in the bf2 division to have and use xfire to be in the clan. instead of having to remember to show up, we can actively talk to each other to say "its saturday and where the hell are you" so that when its time to play the clan members can message each other and get a game going.

you can check out the features and download it here:

http://www.xfire.com/

16. Drunken Shooter

Drunken Shooter Guest

GPU:
    EVGA 2070 super FTW
    I still don't see any one on your server does any one even play on it?

17. dB

dB Guest

GPU:
    88GTS 512M@830/2050/2.2g
    Potyondi i have recently upgraded to an athlon 64 3000+ and it was a fiasco trying to get everthing to work (had to re install windows 10 times), but i have been getting on the server for like 5 minutes every night since thursday, and no one has been on... i totaly agree that $90 a month is a waste of money if no one uses the server. would it be possible to only rent the server on the weekends?