Borderlands 2 in 2012

Discussion in 'Games, Gaming & Game-demos' started by Stone Gargoyle, Aug 2, 2011.

1. villa_youth

villa_youth Master Guru

GPU:
    780 Ti
    Anybody have any good physx tweaks for Borderlands ?
    I can't believe how bad this game runs on my system with physx enabled :bang:

2. PhazeDelta1

PhazeDelta1 Guest

GPU:
    EVGA 1080 FTW
  3. villa_youth

villa_youth Master Guru

GPU:
    780 Ti
  4. harkinsteven

harkinsteven Guest

GPU:
    RTX 3080
    Dedicate one of your GPU's for physx through nvidia control panel.

5. villa_youth

villa_youth Master Guru

GPU:
    780 Ti
    Game does run a bit more consistent when set up that way. Thanks for the tip :).

6. StewieTech

StewieTech Chuck Norris

GPU:
    MSI gtx 960 Gaming
    Hi there strangers!

So i have the first borderlands on steam, played through it once as soldier, clocked 37h and had fun.

But i found some flaws that bothered me. The scenaries were all desert, the driving awkward and comparing guns felt like doing math. Other things also.

With this said, would you recommend me the second game, you think it´s as fun as the first and worth 40€? Quite an amount of money for a digital game by my standards.

Is it better than the first?

Thanks in advance.

7. harkinsteven

harkinsteven Guest

GPU:
    RTX 3080
    Great game in Co-op, pretty good in single player too. You can get a steam key here for £20. This is a legit site. I have used it many times as have other members here.

http://www.g2play.net/store/Borderlands-2-Steam-Key.html

8. moab600

moab600 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    PNY 4090 XLR8 24GB
    If anyone still plays(dumb question :D), i want to co op with some. i might be generous and give to u special weapons(no modded...)

9. DualCORE1

DualCORE1 Guest

GPU:
    XFX 295x2
    Hi just wondering which card to get that will run physx on max phys settings on borderlands 2 with eyefinity setup without any slowdown and decent enough framerates, planning to run along side 6990 dont want to spend a whole lot also heard you can hinder performance if going for a too higher card unless your using it as your primary card.

10. DualCORE1

DualCORE1 Guest

GPU:
    XFX 295x2
    seen a new XFX 240gt 512mb card on ebay for 25.99 would 240 be enough to run phys on high without seeing any performance issues

11. lucidus

lucidus Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Absolutely not. Get a 460.

12. DualCORE1

DualCORE1 Guest

GPU:
    XFX 295x2
    ok cheers for reply struggling to find a decent card thats not that dear using along side 6990 so it wont have to be as powerful as 6990 will be doing rendering and nvidia card just doing the physx from what i understand, also some of the more powerful nvidia cards hinder the performance while running physx

13. Portuogral

Portuogral Guest

GPU:
    MSI GTX 1070 Gaming X
    You should be looking for a GT 640 at least. 384 CUDA Cores will handle with Borderlands 2 PhysX pretty well.

A GTS 450 will run the Medium PhysX at decent frame rates but, will be struggling at High.

As said before, the GT 240 is an absolutely NO go for Borderlands 2 Medium or High PhysX.
    I use a GTS 250 myself and I have to turn PhysX to Low when I play Co-Op. I can use it only in Single-Player.

14. DualCORE1

DualCORE1 Guest

GPU:
    XFX 295x2
    thanks for quick reply think ill look into getting 640 gt not that dear

15. JonasBeckman

JonasBeckman Ancient Guru

GPU:
    XFX 7900XTX M'310
    http://www.gamespot.com/news/gearbox-reveals-first-details-on-new-borderlands-2-dlc-6411797

16. millibyte

millibyte Maha Guru

GPU:
    Smoothbore125mm gun
  17. Damien_Azreal

Damien_Azreal Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Gigabyte OC 3070
    Yes. Because continuing to offer new content and support for a game that has millions of players begging for new content and support... is definitely milking it.

ugh

18. millibyte

millibyte Maha Guru

GPU:
    Smoothbore125mm gun
    Relax, it's more the fact that this content won't be included in the season pass. What's the point of a season pass if it doesn't include a big chunk of the dlc content released for the game.

19. Damien_Azreal

Damien_Azreal Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Gigabyte OC 3070
    Why would the Season Pass include content that was approved after the Season Pass was established?
    The Season Pass was based around 4 DLC packages. 2K and Gearbox developed those, and say a huge demand for even more content for the game, and decided to continue to develop content.

If the Season Pass was to include this stuff as well, the original price (based around 4 DLC packs) wouldn't fit.

20. IcE

IcE Don Snow

GPU:
    3070Ti FE
    The real problem is they're charging $5 for something that takes a trivial amount of effort to do.