We're close to 10.000.000 :)

Discussion in 'Rivatuner Statistics Server (RTSS) Forum' started by Unwinder, Feb 18, 2009.

1. Unwinder

Unwinder Ancient Guru Staff Member

Dear forum visitors,

Just two years ago we announced the final release of RivaTuner here at the Guru of 3D and celebrated 5.000.000th utility download. That version was supposed to be EOL for RivaTuner project, however I simply couldn’t resist my favorite hobby so version v2.01 was announced after 5 months break in development.

A lot of things changed since that time: 15 new versions with hundreds of new features have been released, RivaTuner received full Vista support and signed 64-bit drivers provided by our best friends from TechPowerUp, RivaTuner became the first tool providing independent shader clock control for GeForce 8 and newer display adapter series and the fix for improperly calibrated fan control of AMD HD 3000 series, RivaTuner received protective envelope preventing Punkbuster anticheat system from crashing the system due to unauthorized scanning of hardware mapped memory, RivaTuner reached new levels of programmability and flexibility due to new task scheduler module, received DirectX10 triple buffering forcing and On-Screen Display support, received drastically improved support for multi-GPU systems, received improved hardware monitoring features, such as Logitech G15 LCD support, and many many other. We’ve also got great assistance in development from Point of View and EVGA sides and even launched new beginner oriented RivaTuner’s child project - EVGA Precision - in cooperation with EVGA.

So I do hope that this time was not wasted for nothing and gave each RivaTuner user something new and useful. And now, just two years later, we’re proud to announce that RivaTuner’s user base has been increased drastically, download counter has been doubled and we’re hitting 10.000.000 downloads in a just few days. We were hoping it to happen a couple months later close to upcoming Guru 3D birthday, but download counter is growing up too fast so we’re reaching the event a bit out of schedule. ;)

Biggest thanks goes to you, RivaTuner fans and those who selected RivaTuner or its’ child products like D3DOverrider or EVGA Precision as the tools of your choice. I simply wouldn’t be able to invest that much free time into the project development without seeing that it really helps you. Also, thanks goes even to true product haters, regardless of your wishes and intentions you’re doing really good project PR job and give regular boosts to download rates.

Thanks once again, I hope that we’ll be able to double download counter again and celebrate 20.000.000 downloads a few years later. Stay tuned!

Last edited: Feb 18, 2009
  2. stangowner

stangowner Guest

GPU:
    2xMSI N550GTX-Ti Cy II OC
    Congratulations Unwinder!!!! I noticed the counter yesterday, and am waiting to see it roll over.

I'm glad this project did not die. It is the ultimate tool for anything GPU related. Keep up the fantastic work!

- Nick

3. DSK

DSK Banned

GPU:
    HD5770/BenQ G2220HD
    Damn 10mil aready, Time has really flown by

Without rivatuner i would of never got into overclocking my videocard or even guru3d

i remember the day "hmm wonder if i can tweak my videocard"

*types in video card tweaking tool & google pops up with rivatuner*

Downloaded from guru3d....the rest was history :)

Unwinder & Rivatuner FTW :thumbup:

4. burebista

burebista Ancient Guru

GPU:
    MSI GTX1060GAMING X
    Best wishes Alex. Keep up the good work and keep your amazing piece of art up to date forever.
    BTW in your very short RivaTuner description you forget about your flexible plugin support which I find a very useful feature. :)

5. cowie

cowie Ancient Guru

GPU:
    GTX
    hey bro without you we vga freaks aint jack squat,you did us good.great features that are often overlooked:)
    congrats to you on 10mil+
    I hope i'm around for 20 mil

6. asabaraba

asabaraba Active Member

GPU:
    MSI GTX 560 Ti
    Congratulations Unwinder :D, and thank you for the great software that you make and support.

I will continue to make guides for Rivatuner in the website where I work, until I'm dead or something :nerd:

7. ZeW0 ToleraNce

ZeW0 ToleraNce Master Guru

GPU:
    MSI R5770
    Jesus, 10 mil...That's amazing. Congrats Unwinder! :)
    Thanks for all the time you've put into making RT work like a charm. I've been an avid user since version 2.09 or so and have been using it non-stop ever since. Really great stuff for sure.

8. tuco

tuco Ancient Guru

GPU:
    2 460's
    Thanks Unwinder for all your efforts, well done nearing 5m D/L's. Riva is a lovely little friend.

9. bobmitch

bobmitch Master Guru

GPU:
    ASUS TUF 4070 TI OC
    Many congratulations. I have been using Riva for quite a while now and I truly believe that your tool has saved my video cards from many many problematic issues. Your EVGA precision is also quite a tool.

Here's to 20,000,000

Bob

10. Anarion

Anarion Ancient Guru

GPU:
    GeForce RTX 3060 Ti
    10 million is a huge number. Great milestone for Rivatuner. ;)

11. BlackZero

BlackZero Guest

Congrats Unwinder! hope to see the 20 mil. mark very soon.

12. McLMan

McLMan New Member

GPU:
    EVGA 8800GTS (G92) 512 Kb
    Awesome utility.

Thank you so much for helping me to learn more about my computer.

13. blurp33

blurp33 Master Guru

GPU:
    RTX 4090
    I am seriously amazed by Rivatuner (and it's constant evolution) and completely astonished by your knowledge Mr Unwinder from Taganrog, Russia. ;-)

ура!

Thanks.

14. wollyka

wollyka Guest

GPU:
    Geforce 980GTX
    I remember the first time i used Rivatuner in the Geforce256 days.. Some games keep crashing until i installed Rivatuner and set the AGP rate @ 2x. Problem fixed :) oh the good old days :p

15. uffa

uffa Active Member

GPU:
    EVGA GTX 680
    Gratz Unwinder! Keep up the good work.

16. Nafets1

Nafets1 Active Member

GPU:
    Great job and congratulations, Unwinder.

The world of Nvidia and Ati video card tweaking would be a in a sad state without your continued efforts in developing and refining Rivatuner into the fantastic program that it is today...

17. ADM86

ADM86 Member

GPU:
    BFG GTX 280 OC
    Unwinder keep it up! and congrats on this achievement.

18. darkzone

darkzone New Member

GPU:
    Leadtek 9800GT
    Nice work, very useful program. Keep up the good job :thumbup:

19. DLD

DLD Master Guru

GPU:
    MSI GTX1060 6GB
    All the credits to Alex N Unwinder!!!

Sorry if I ever bothered you with stupid questions (and I know I did! :bang:) !
    --------------------------------------------------------------------
    I started using RT way back in the ancient history, when I had a P1, Chaintech motherboard with Riva Vanta card which was incompatible with the mobo's chipset (Via). This had caused a lot of crashes in games (Quake2, Unreal etc.) and after I unsuccessfully tried who knows how many "solutions" recommended by NVidia, Via and Chaintech, I stumbled upon RT. Problem was IMMEDIATELY resolved by checking "compatibility mode" box. Soon enough I realized many other useful features of this beautiful program.

Thank you.

20. xxDATAxx

xxDATAxx Member

GPU:
    MSI GTX 260 core 216
    Thier are still so many people that have not heard of Riva Tuner. Lets all do what we can to mention it in at least one game we play on line, one time. Something along the lines of "This game kicks so much more ass with Riva Tuner, I know I'm getting the most out of my card." Seriously, if Unwinder can take the free time to do all of this, the least all of us can do is give a 1 liner out here and thier to promote this great utility!