Samsung Note 3 Offers Bigger Screen

Discussion in 'Frontpage news' started by Hilbert Hagedoorn, Sep 6, 2013.

1. Hilbert Hagedoorn

Hilbert Hagedoorn Don Vito Corleone Staff Member

GPU:
    AMD | NVIDIA
    Samsung today announced the Galaxy Note 3, its third-generation phablet with S Pen stylus. The Note 3 increases the screen from last year's 5.5-inch display to 5.7 inches. It also improves the resolu...

Samsung Note 3 Offers Bigger Screen

2. Ven0m

Ven0m Ancient Guru

GPU:
    RTX 3080
    Bigger screen at FullHD, thinner (even thinner than my S2), lighter, bigger battery, more storage, more ram, insane CPU, camera with 4k@30fps and FullHD@60fps, much improved back cover, usb 3.0, ir blaster, better stylus-related apps. I want it.

Now there are 2 issues - when it's going to be available and how to fit it in a pocket?

3. Enticles

Enticles Guest

GPU:
    Asus RTX 3070ti
    Completely agree, as another S2 user this phone has really peaked my interest. The rumour mill is suggesting a Q4 2013 / Q1 2014 release window.

now the other question is this: is the Galaxy Gear smartwatch worth investing in alongside this device? its purely epeen, but looks so damn cool that i want one!

4. boodikon

boodikon Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Leadtek 8800 GTS 640mb (600 core)
    If you get the samsung watch you can overclock it by winding it up to much.

5. John

John Ancient Guru

GPU:
    GTX 970
    I suppose it would depend on what kind of pants you wear. For me, as a slim jeans kinda guy, this is simply far too large to be practical. My S4 feels uncomfortable if I, say, try to ride my bike with it in my pocket. So for me personally, 5" is as big as it can get (no phun intended... :p). I fear the next gen of phones are gonna be 5,2", though. Just look at the LG G2.

This thing is really nice though. Not sure if i think the faux leather back is tacky or nice -- but at least it should be less slippery than the plastic they've used up until now.

6. UZ7

UZ7 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    nVidia RTX 4080 FE
    Depends, if they have the screen closer and closer to the edge of the bezel they can get more real estate without compromising the size.

There will be a trend for the bigger the phone the better then shrink back then everyone will have phone watches... *cough* galaxy gear *cough*

7. ---TK---

---TK--- Guest

GPU:
    2x 980Ti Gaming 1430/7296
    awesome specd phone. I already have the note 2 though

8. makaveli316

makaveli316 Guest

GPU:
    Asus Strix GTX 970
    I'm more looking forward to the next Nexus smartphone. It'll be considerably cheaper and you'll get sooner the updates.

9. Koniakki

Koniakki Guest

GPU:
    ZOTAC GTX 1080Ti FE
    So I take it you will never even remotely be interested in a Samsung Mega 6.3! :D

P.S: I own it and I love it. Its practicality its really a joke buts thats exactly why I got it.

After a week with the Mega and then when I got my Note 1 out of its box to clean it and put stock ROM to sell, it felt "small"! Who would ever thought the GNote's 5.3" would ever feel small.

But there's a market for each device. No right or wrong here. But indeed the Mega is really big. Too big for its own good as a daily device.

I really want a Note 3 but shelling out 700 euros is not a luxury I can afford right now. I got my Mega for 400euros brand new locally. ;)

Last edited: Sep 17, 2013
  10. scoter man1

scoter man1 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    MSI GTX 1070ti
    Yep, plus you can basically do a yearly upgrade for about $100. (Sell it for about 50-70% of what you paid for it and buy the next one). I just did that with my N7. Sold my old scratched up one for $95, bought the new one :banana: