Farcry 3!

Discussion in 'Games, Gaming & Game-demos' started by Strikerx80, Jun 7, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. gridiron whirlw

gridiron whirlw Ancient Guru

GPU:
    RTX 3070Ti
    You have pm

2. LogiTekkers

LogiTekkers Guest

GPU:
    ASUS GTX 980 STRIX SLi
    Where can I can a digital download of farcry 3 in the UK? I can't see it on steam or origin, am I missing something? Reading the last few pages in here I am undecided whether to even purchase it, I tend to only buy PC games lately for the amazing graphics and from what I've been reading they ain't so amazing in fc3.should I just wait for Crysis 3 for the next game with uber sexy gfx?

3. DesGaizu

DesGaizu Ancient Guru

GPU:
    AORUS 3060TI
    co-op happens to be really fun (plays a bit like L4D but replace zombies with pirates)

Game overall looks nice maxed out and I'm getting 60 to 80 fps, game play is fun nice big open worlds always win me over.

texture work is weird some is awesome some is ok then some objects that get put right in your face (the radio on the first shops counter) look like n64 textures 0_o

4. gridiron whirlw

gridiron whirlw Ancient Guru

GPU:
    RTX 3070Ti
    They have accepted my code at uplay, but they have yet to send me an e-mail with the cd key and download link....same for everybody in U.S. ?

I guess we can not download the game until the 4th anyway.

Last edited: Dec 1, 2012

5. Year

Year Ancient Guru

GPU:
    EVGA GTX 690
    my friend got an gtx680, he's playing the game Ultra High with msaa2x enabled, even though the game dips to 32fps in very open spaces, there's almost no lag whatsoever.

i don't think you can get 60fps without dropping the settings down to medium and tweaking the xml file.

as such i recommend you tweak.. but you can also leave everything to very high or ultra and make sure you disable Mouse Acceleration (it's terrible). :)

also make sure you enable Adaptive Vsync, works a lot better than forcing On or Off and leave Gpu Max Buffered to 1.

6. Rich_Guy

Rich_Guy Ancient Guru

GPU:
    MSI 2070S X-Trio
    Get it on Uplay.

7. scitek

scitek Member Guru

GPU:
    EVGA GTX 670 FTW
    Anyone able to get that trainer that disables the HUD? I'm not paying for a membership to get it.

8. Year

Year Ancient Guru

GPU:
    EVGA GTX 690
    none of that here, 60fps, every option maxed out. :)

[​IMG]

also doesn't happend to my friend who owns a gtx680.

updated to 310.64? without the drivers i couldn't even enable DX11, let alone the performance wasn't optimized, i gained up to 15fps just by updating. ;)

9. Pill Monster

Pill Monster Banned

GPU:
    7950 Vapor-X 1100/1500
    Seems like SLI/CF is needed to max out the graphics.

In DX 11 with all options maxed out I get 30fps....I've only played it for about 2mins though.

10. NeoEnigma

NeoEnigma Master Guru

GPU:
    ---
    It's a VERY poorly optimized game...

I have to turn water on medium or it stutters like a maniac with SLI. And water looks like crap on medium. I'm waiting for a fix before I play this game :(

11. captain_trips

captain_trips Guest

GPU:
    2x nvidia TITAN X sli

Is your friend using MSAA in-game or using through NVidia control panel?

My buddy was literally able to max everything on his gtx680 and 2600k, 16gb of RAM system, and he turned off in-game MSAA and it ran easily somewhere around 60fps+. Remember, MSAA for this game is literally busted right now... even NVidia is acknowledging it.

Some are saying far better MSAA framerates using the NVidia control panel to set MSAA or using NVidia inspector to set the hexbits to Farcry 2's MSAA settings.

12. captain_trips

captain_trips Guest

GPU:
    2x nvidia TITAN X sli
    Make sure your actually using both GPU's. I use hardware monitor or EVGA precision X to monitor activity and temps of my each GPU. Even the new drivers do not allow it to automatically detect correctly for every SLI machine.Until they fix this drivers completely, use this fix for both the hexbits and farcry 3 DX11 executable with NVidia inspector:

http://forums.guru3d.com/showthread.php?p=4465922

Also... and once again (im starting to repeat myself), in-game MSAA is **broken** for NVidia users. It will make the game run terrible and cause stuttering along with graphics glitches and crashes. Turn it completely off. If you need to use any MSAA, set it through the NVidia control panel after comparing the speed improvements.

Also, I've got my GPU buffer set to 5, and my vsync set to "1"...and im running at extremely high framerates on my SLI'd 680GTX's. If I turn off in-game Vsync, it runs even smoother, but screen tearing occurs. If I set vsync to "2", I notice my fps only does 30fps.

EDIT: and really, I cannot put enough emphasis on using HBAO for NVidia. if you try to use HDAO, its going to drop your framerate easily 10+fps. HBAO is the ambient process to use for NVIDIA cards, HDAO for ATI, and SSAO if those are too much of a drain on performance per card manufacturer, though SSAO is less than interesting mode.

13. Rich_Guy

Rich_Guy Ancient Guru

GPU:
    MSI 2070S X-Trio
    With everything energizing in, right in front of you like Star-Trek, it should be running around 5,000fps :D

14. Wanny

Wanny Guest

Guys just use SSAO level 4 and everything is fine. It looks like HDAO but it has the performance of HBAO. No more problems.

15. captain_trips

captain_trips Guest

GPU:
    2x nvidia TITAN X sli
    It's not though. As a matter of fact, the only *major* issues im waiting for them to address is the draw distance and occasional texture pop-in in DirectX 11 mode.... and even though I play on PC, I hope they address the lobby/party system concerns for the console guys since they do not have the pleasure of chat clients, steam clients, 3rd party "party" tools like we do on PC.

The rest? All these launch day bugs? it's all driver related... and NVidia is already working on it and claimining responsibility. And even, while some of them are a little out of the way, there are a lot of workaround for driver issues and effects out there to use for time being.

I'm positively sure I know why the drivers are so poorly optimized and buggy for this game... I'm thinking Nvidia (and maybe even Ubisoft themselves) did not realize the hit and success, along with overwhelming critical acclaim this game would receive. They were likely expecting lukewarm reception and only moderate interest from the gaming communities of all systems. And thus, they were just gonna backburn all fixes after release and work on them slowly. This is even further proven by the fact they didn't release it in the USA first... their primary cash cow and the 70% of all retail gaming sales.
    They likely thought it would just have the attention of "any other release out there" and get skipped by most wanting COD or Halo 4 or something. And they were wrong, and most are screaming "GAME OF THE YEAR!!!!" even before official launch from the mountaintops for farcry 3. Now it's been brought to the front lines, and we caught them with their pants down... so they're in a mad rush to appease the success and fix as quickly as possible.

And let's be serious and give Ubisoft the fair edge here... Launch day hasn't come yet for it's biggest market of all, it's real cash cow... which is right here in the USA. That's still a few days away, so they likely are taking all concerns to heart on places where launch day has already happened and working diligently to rectify this issues.

16. Dorak

Dorak Guest

GPU:
    XXX
    Well wait and see for new drivers then.

But anyway, and in any cases, 60-80 FPS on a 690, or a 680 SLI is bad. No matter what you say, it's just plain bad.

The game doesn't look nowhere as good as Crysis, and shouldn't require THAT much of power to run maxed out. It's a good looking game, sure, but it's not a graphic wonder either.

That being said, i really hope they will sort their issues out.

17. Major Melchett

Major Melchett Ancient Guru

GPU:
    R9 280X @ 1100/1500
    After playing more of the story and opening a lot more of the island i have to say.

They need an "extreme hunter" option that disabled all hud items, health is judged screen color (as it is now, red means heal etc), radio towers instead give a 25/50% discounts to the weapons they give free now, weapon sway/spread more unforgiving, twice the amount of guards in outposts and it also would disables all fast travel.

With that i recon the game would be much better (for me anyways), frankly weapons are far to easy mode (they take zero skill), the hud is just to much (it displays everything!), the amount of weapons you get free via towers is crazy and outposts are far to simple to take over.

It's a fun game indeed, but even on the hardest setting i'm steam rolling everything and it hands you everything you need far to fast - there is simply no challange at all.

18. QuadReaktor

QuadReaktor Guest

GPU:
    Gainward GTX680 2GB
    I did a little Panorama :)
    (My Settings are at max. 2520x1440 @1680x1050 2xInGame AA, HDHO) Frames mostly at 60FPS. VSync @ 1)

[​IMG]

19. captain_trips

captain_trips Guest

GPU:
    2x nvidia TITAN X sli
    60 to 80fps is great and more than playable. It may not be the highest of framerates for a game of all time, but it's not 30fps either. Imagine the poor folks on their Xbox 360's and PS3's having to run this at 30fps, and even THATS playable and fair for those systems.

Runs smooth as silk at 60+fps.

Too much concern is invested in unnecessary framerates... sure, its nice to be able to hit 100+ and have hardware that can do it (I know I can with my SLI 680's in a lot of games at 2560x1600), but its completely irrelevant, and though we have the highend hardware to always do faster and faster, we really need to come down off of our high horse from time to time and just be reasonable. Just because we have the hardware to do it doesn't mean its always needed or the way it should be done. I'd prefer a game to have around 60fps to 75fps anyday of the week. A lot of games, even like borderlands 2, i'll limit at those framerates... because when you start hitting higher, polygon animations and charcters seem to be moving in a "fast-forward" like motion. With modern post-processing effects like motion blur and stuff, 60fps is more than plenty....

20. Mr.Bigtime

Mr.Bigtime Ancient Guru

GPU:
    4090 on Laptop
    Man , with your help i found thew SWEET SPOT of my system. i did what u typed here and game is smooother than ever :D thanx :)

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.