RivaTuner 2.0 RC15.1 is on the way :)

Discussion in 'RivaTuner Advanced Discussion forum' started by Unwinder, Aug 30, 2004.

1. Unwinder

Unwinder Ancient Guru Staff Member

I'm glad to say that RC15.1 development has been finished at last and closed beta testing stage will start within a few minutes. New version is supposed to be launched on the next Monday (6th Sep). Changes list:

Stay tuned ;)

2. lalla

lalla Guest

You are the King, Unwinder:D

3. fubar2003

fubar2003 Member

GPU:
    Asus GF6800 (V999GE)
    6th of Sept cant come around soon enough! There are going to be a lot of downloads of this, methinks. Nice to finally have a release date. Thanks Unwinder!

4. tarantino666

tarantino666 Member

GPU:
    Leadtek Geforce 6800
    Finally we know when the new version is released. Great new features. How does the new pipeline activation works. Can I choose it in the "Power User" option with the script patch function or is there an additional feature like the screenshots in the preview tests showed ?

5. Andy2211

Andy2211 Active Member

GPU:
    Point of View gf 6800
    do you already have beta tester for cloesed beta?

6. KOKOSCHINSKY

KOKOSCHINSKY Guest

Homage a Unwinder,
    You Beaut Tweaking Tool "RIVA TUNER",
    you turned my GF4 TI 4600 in a Quadro 4 900XGL,my FX 5900 XT in a QUADRO FX 3000,
    nVidia Architects would you please be unified and pay your does!
    ALEXEY, they shall appreciate!(hope they know what unified means)
    regards koko

Last edited by a moderator: Aug 31, 2004
  7. clokkevi

clokkevi Master Guru

GPU:
    GeForce GTX 680
    It will be a new panel - "custom graphics processor configuration panel"
    - located somewhere around the old "NVStrap driver" panel...!

It would be nice if all 6800 (LE) owners could then participate in a new thread,
    where they posted the results of their experiments of activating the extra pixel pipelines and vertex processors...!! :)

Last edited: Aug 30, 2004
  8. radosuaf

radosuaf Ancient Guru

GPU:
    ASRock 6800 XT 16GB
    Hope the scripts don't get obsolete as the CATALYSTs 4.9 will be available in early September.

9. Kakaru2

Kakaru2 Master Guru

GPU:
    Gigabyte 8800GTX 768MB
    Good news.
    I bet monday will be a slow day for guru3d as all the bandwidth is sucked by RT. ;)

10. Darkoz

Darkoz Ancient Guru

GPU:
    XFX 8800 ULTRA xXx 675/2.3GHz
    Very nice Unwinder, I'm sure everyone here greatly appreciates the time and effort you've put into Rivatuner.
    Thankyou very much.

11. GeniusLoci

GeniusLoci Guest

Good, not that I have one of the "can be modded" cards (/rr1540 returns "bad one" for the Axle 6800 :), I'll see what it'll say about ASUS's).

A lot of new goodies I see ;). I wish to be one of the beta testers :p

12. Unwinder

Guys, I repeat once again. There is no way to tell if the board is "good" or "bad" looking at /rr1540 report. the report just shows which vertex and pixel units are currently active. Nothing more, nothing less. And disabled units can be masked at both hardware and software levels.

13. GeniusLoci

GeniusLoci Guest

Sorry, I've tried to read the whole ~40 page topic below and I saw this somewhere...had no nerves to read it all :)

I'm glad it's not true :) tnx

14. PCBliss

PCBliss Member Guru

GPU:
    2 x eVGA 7800GT SLI
    SO how will us 12 pipe 6800 owners know if we will be able to unlock the extra 4 pipes? just try it? will it hurt the card if its not succesfful?? thanks. Im a n00b to RT

15. gafa

gafa Member Guru

GPU:
    Sparkle 6800NU
    yes, the easiest way will be to try the new version of rivatuner when it comes out. then you'll know if the extra pipelines on your card are masked through software or hardware. if it is hardware, RT won't help you, if it is software, RT will allow you to enable the extra pipelines. However, if the extra 4 pipelines in your card are not fully functional, it's possible you'll get artifacts and such with the 16 enabled. But don't worry, it is reversible, since this is a softmod. you just have to disable the 4 extra pipelines and all is good again :D

16. Unwinder

You simply won't be able to unlock malfunctioning pixel / vertex units. They are masked at hardware level.

17. ninjapilot

ninjapilot Member

GPU:
    C3D 1800XT 256MB
    so there's no real risk of a borked card if it dosen't work?

Ninjapilot

18. I'm just wondering if the four deactivated pipelines on the ASUS V9999GE can be activated using RivaTuner, because if it is possible it would probably out-perform other 6800GTs as it has the DDR3 RAMs of the GT version and a higher overclocking potential (to core clock of 430+Mhz). Any thoughts?

Last edited by a moderator: Sep 2, 2004
  19. zehoo

zehoo Member

GPU:
    GTX1080
    thanks for the hard work unwinder.

20. mjm

mjm Guest