Rainbow Six Siege Thread

Discussion in 'Games, Gaming & Game-demos' started by (.)(.), Dec 5, 2014.

1. AndreasGuido

AndreasGuido Guest

GPU:
    MSI GTX 970
    we;; i downloaded it, joined a game with 5 randoms, level loaded and crashed 30 secs in :D Dammit!

2. signex

signex Ancient Guru

GPU:
    RTX 4070 Super
    Did they made Realistic difficulty even harder? it's almost impossible now lol.

Played a few matches, all failed.

3. AndreasGuido

AndreasGuido Guest

GPU:
    MSI GTX 970
    Nope it keeps crashing for me, tried lone wolf and it crashed. Then it crashed during intro videos.

4. signex

signex Ancient Guru

GPU:
    RTX 4070 Super
    Works fine here. :(

5. Elder III

Elder III Guest

GPU:
    6900 XT Nitro+ 16GB
    I'm enjoying it more with each beta (basically I'm getting better at MP lol). I have mine pre-ordered and pre-loaded. I just need some people to join a squad for Terrorist Hunts and casual MultiPlayer. :) I'm likely to be on during EU primetime, so if anyone wants to add me on Uplay.... Elder_3 is my handle there.

6. __hollywood|meo

__hollywood|meo Ancient Guru

GPU:
    6700xt @2.7ghz
    this game is too fun. preordered, & i usually refuse to preorder anything..

who are your go-to operators so far? for me its glaz & doc, or if they are taken, thermite & tachanka. side note: why are people saying glaz is useless?? just cos he doesnt have fancy gadgets? he can shoot through castles otherwise bulletproof barricades, & i am absolutely wrecking people with him even at midrange

they increased all difficulty levels. bots are more accurate & react faster in all modes...its awesome :D

::edit::

they patched uplay today & fixed the verify game files function. if youre getting crashes, try that. it actually works now

my uplay is hollywoodmeow (im east coast US, usually play at night), feel free to add me guys. the game is much better with teammates who work together!!

Last edited: Nov 29, 2015
  7. the9quad

the9quad Guest

GPU:
    1080ti MSI Gaming-X
    There a way to get rid of that stupid "your drivers are out of date" message in the upper left corner? No stupid replies please. Running the latest Crimson drivers.

8. biggyca

biggyca Guest

GPU:
    GTX 1060 6GB
    Hitbox is awfull, game feels unresponsive, slugish... if they fix this and game stays alive, I'll buy the game.

9. (.)(.)

(.)(.) Banned

GPU:
    GTX 970
    I know its a diff engine, but with Batman AK, this driver msg was game side:

Have look in the game directories (main, save, appData) for a config file to edit.

10. the9quad

the9quad Guest

GPU:
    1080ti MSI Gaming-X
    I already did that actually nothing I could find, however, I just noticed there is a x in the corner of the message, I clicked it and it's gone, lol. Im dumb. Thanks for your help though, appreciate it.

11. Damien_Azreal

Damien_Azreal Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Gigabyte OC 3070
    I see this game going the way of Titanfall and Evolve.
    The "hot" item of the moment, but forgotten and dead in a few months.

12. umeng2002

umeng2002 Maha Guru

GPU:
    4080 Super
    It's fun, but would be better if you had more time to come up with strategies.

The environment destruction is great, imho. Still somewhat buggy and the UI is sort of weird.

I don't know if I'd want to pay $60 for this, though.

13. __hollywood|meo

GPU:
    6700xt @2.7ghz
    i shot somebody in the adams apple & it registered a headshot once. couldve just been latency issue, i dont know wat his ping was. wats wrong with the hitboxes? i havent played enough to notice anything

by unresponsive, do you mean the floaty mouse movement? ive read dev posts from one guy in particular swearing up & down that no mouse smoothing is coded in...but it sure doesnt feel like raw input. they need to add that in stat

14. Damien_Azreal

Damien_Azreal Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Gigabyte OC 3070
    Still feels odd that there's a Rainbow Six game with no campaign.
    Was really excited for R6: Patriots when they started advertising that. Hopefully this will sell well enough to show interest in the series... and the next one will get a solid story.

But... it's Ubisoft... so, I doubt it.

15. BangTail

BangTail Guest

GPU:
    EVGA 2080 Ti XC
    This game is not going to last in it's current state.

It's not customizable enough and the Terrorist Hunt is a prime example of how not to design a tactical shooter.

The game will literally spawn as many AI as you can kill which means you can have 100s of terrorists in a residential home as long as you can keep killing them.

The hitboxes are weird and the usual unqualified belief that bullets are rendered pretty much useless by body armor is on full display here.

If body armor is so infallible, why even have guns :rolleyes:

And I'm not saying body armor doesn't stop bullets, but you do not accurately return fire when you are being hit, you take cover. The idiot AI will constantly run right into your line of fire because they obviously know that even if they die, there is an inexhaustible supply of equally stupid replacements waiting to spawn out of thin air.

This game won't even put a dent in CSGO imho.

16. (.)(.)

(.)(.) Banned

GPU:
    GTX 970
    are headshots insta death for both ai and players?

17. __hollywood|meo

GPU:
    6700xt @2.7ghz
    thats exactly wat im hoping. trying to remain cautiously optimistic

are you saying you want aimpunch? cos people die fast enough already. aimpunch would literally guarantee that whoever gets the first shot off wins the gunfight

can you qualify that statement? i suspect people are conflating potentially messed up hitboxes with the very real problem of low server tickrate. feels like ~33tick which is a huge pain in the ass

dunno, actually. need to do some experiments with low dmg weapons :>

18. BangTail

BangTail Guest

GPU:
    EVGA 2080 Ti XC
    Like you, I want to like this but it feels more akin to Ubisoft trying to cash in on the franchise name than it does a good game.

I can't say for sure, definitely not with those idiot suicide bombers (they should be optional and that speaks to the lack of customization - since you can clearly see their faces, it should be a one shot kill for headshots), but as far as the regular NPCs go, I think it is supposed to be although my experience is that it is not 100%.

19. __hollywood|meo

GPU:
    6700xt @2.7ghz
    im not sure bangtail, i think aimpunch might get pretty frustrating in an already incredibly intense game. just my personal opinion. it seems like while gunplay is very important, outsmarting your opponent & coordinating with your own team are more crucial.

also isnt terro hunt, even the lone wolf mode, still hosted on ubi servers? i was under the impression that there was no locally hosted mode, even if youre lanning...which is dumb but watev - as such, tickrate "lag" (i know its not latency, just saying) is still an issue

sorry for rambling i have probs being succinct hehe

20. BangTail

BangTail Guest

GPU:
    EVGA 2080 Ti XC
    It's all good bud :)

You see in R6 (the originals), being first on the trigger was essential because it was designed to be very realistic (obviously within the confines of a video game).

I get your point about 'Siege' because it is not trying to be realistic or tactical, it is very fast paced and does not rely on the heavy planning element that was so prevalent in the older games.

I'm not someone who really appreciates shooting someone and then having them turn around and kill me, it's not realistic and it's not enjoyable (for me).

Conversely, I understand that many games employ these types of mechanics these days and I guess that is ok, even Arma 3 succumbed to it (sadly).

It always amuses me that people rip on CoD for being casual, but the hardcore mode is one of the most unforgiving out there at present.

Regardless of all that, I'm still going to give Siege a chance :)