PS4 download is so ........

Discussion in 'Consoles & console games' started by kx11, Aug 13, 2015.

1. Loophole35

Loophole35 Guest

GPU:
    EVGA 1080ti SC
    Some games don't require PS+ for all it's online. Destiny will let you co-op story and generally form a party but you cant participate in co-op raids, co-op strikes or PvP. IIRC a lot of F2P games don't require PS+ either.

2. scatman839

scatman839 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    3080, KD55XD800
    Ff14 doesn't either, since it goes through their own servers

3. anxious_f0x

anxious_f0x Ancient Guru

GPU:
    ASUS TUF RTX 4090
    To be fair I really don't mind paying the £39.99 a year considering all the free games and discounts you get.

Obviously not everyone will like every game that's free but I feel like I've had my money's worth out of it.

4. tsunami231

tsunami231 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    EVGA 1070Ti Black
    I dont play for the 49.99 year for the Online play cause I dont play consoles for online play

It is strickly for the free games. **** game ore not it keep me from randomly pay 40$ for game every now and then.

I got quiet few game for free i would of other wise bought and payed alot more for.

PS3
    Batman: Arkham City
    Dragon's Dogma: Dark Arisen
    Remember Me
    Pro Evolution Soccer 2014
    Dead Space 3
    Dragon's Crown
    Crysis 3
    Batman: Arkham Asylum
    Rainbow Moon
    Thief
    Dishonored
    God of War: Ascension

ps4
    Resogun
    Strider
    Dust: An Elysian Tail
    InFamous: First Light
    Rocket League
    Styx: Master of Shadows
    Lara Croft and the Temple of Osiris

these game alone are worth the 49.99$ i been paying for last 2 years they would also cost alot more too.

Last edited: Aug 15, 2015

5. drandiiski

drandiiski Maha Guru

GPU:
    MSI GTX 1060 6GB OC
    As a paid service I agree that download speeds should be improved, but also I think that the 50 euro a year is well worth it. All the free games I get on both PS3 and PS4 will, without a doubt, cost more to purchase on their own. And there are functions like shareplay and party chat that work better than anything I’ve seen on PC. So it is not just paying for the MP functionality you know..

6. Sprecker

Sprecker Guest

GPU:
    Zotech 680 4g
    Just a side note. If you can afford to buy a console and play video games then you should be able to pay for the online services. Luxuries don't come with "shouldn't have to pay" clause.

7. tsunami231

tsunami231 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    EVGA 1070Ti Black
    Console people would think this, the online gaming service for consoles are no better or worse then on pc side of online gaming they just want to think it is to so they dont feel like they getting ripped off

I mean really why should consoles owners have to pay to get online when that same game when it get to pc is free to play online.

The payed service for online gaming is no better or worse then the free side of pc. except when MS/PS server go down online gaming goes down, and they go down alot more them PC side of things cause said servers are ran by the dev/pub of the game.

It alot easier to take down unified online gaming service like PS+/MS and kill everyone online gaming then individual games servers. there for I will never understand why people fool them selves into thinking the pay online gaming services for console are any better or worse the then PC online gaming service that free cause the same.

Either way PSN servers are insanely slow and throttled it was i guess acceptable when it was free service but it not free no more and it no long acceptable.

Last edited: Aug 17, 2015
  8. Loobyluggs

Loobyluggs Ancient Guru

GPU:
    RTX 3060 12GB
    Console gamers are not considered consumers.

They are looked upon as retarded children that can persuaded with shiney new things like CoD...think about it.

9. Undercova

Undercova Guest

GPU:
    660GTX Windforce
    While the PSN has it issues, slow DL speeds and maintenances, i still don't mind paying the 50€ per year for it, less than 5€ per month. Also i filled my wallet with 50€ codes that i only paid 40€ so it's even less. And even though most of the monthly free games so far haven't been that good or my liking, there's still good stuff every now and then that covers the fee pretty well.

10. Redemption80

Redemption80 Guest

GPU:
    GALAX 970/ASUS 970
    How many games have servers run by dev/publishers though?

I've stopped trying to talk up PC gaming to people as im sick of hearing about issues with the online side of things and having them blaming me (not an online gamer so didn't realise there were issues)