Guru3D.com Forums

Go Back   Guru3D.com Forums > Videocards > Videocards vs General Purpose - NVIDIA Ageia PhysX, GPGPU etc.
Videocards vs General Purpose - NVIDIA Ageia PhysX, GPGPU etc. In this section you can discuss general purpose application that run over your GPU, like transcoding, Physics simulation etc.

Old
  (#1)
guy_fraggin_em

Videocard:
Processor:
Mainboard:
Memory:
Soundcard:
PSU:
Default 09-30-2001, 20:34 | posts: n/a

I own a <br>
gigabyte 6xbD motherboard with 2 pentium 3 800mhz processors<br>
384mb of pci 100 Ram<br>
3d prophet 4000xt<br>
<br>
Ive had quite a few probs with the graphics card at first i though it was overheating but my temp sensors say everything is fine and its got loads of fans, i rang the hercules tech support and asked and they told me about the problems that the kyros are having with motherboards with intel chipsets.<br>
Basically what happens is every so often when i start a game everything goes black and my monitor goes into sleep mode meaning theres no signal from the vid card.<br>
Is anyone else having these probs?<br>
or does anyone know of any possible cure?<br>
<br>
As yet i havnt seen or heard of one but have heard of the prob quite alot there was specualtion on a new driver to sort it but theres no offical news.<br>
If anyones knows anything that can help then id like to know.<br>
Got all the latest drivers and directX 8.0a running on winsk2<br>
Thanks

Old
  (#2)
TotalVR

Videocard:
Processor:
Mainboard:
Memory:
Soundcard:
PSU:
Default 09-30-2001, 20:50 | posts: n/a

I haven't heard of any problem between Kyro and Intel mobo's. Are you sure your problem isn't the more then 256mb system problem? Try taking out 128mb of system ram and see if the problem still occurs. BTW Hercules have just released new Prophet 4500/4000XT drivers within the last few days so make sure you have them installed.

Old
  (#3)
guy_fraggin_em

Videocard:
Processor:
Mainboard:
Memory:
Soundcard:
PSU:
Default 10-01-2001, 20:52 | posts: n/a

Its more stable but still the same problems just not as often. Also is there gonna be a drvier to sort that because i need about 1024MB RAM for my vid editing and texture rendering so im gonna have to upgrade soon.

Old
  (#4)
TotalVR

Videocard:
Processor:
Mainboard:
Memory:
Soundcard:
PSU:
Default 10-06-2001, 05:58 | posts: n/a

The more then 256mb problem has grown less severe and less widespread with every driver, for instance the new driver stopped the bug for lots of people. Hopefully soon nobody will have any problem with more then 256mb of ram.