New Upcoming ATI/AMD GPU's Thread: Leaks, Hopes & Aftermarket GPU's

Discussion in 'Videocards - AMD Radeon' started by OnnA, Jul 9, 2016.

1. Maddness

Maddness Ancient Guru

GPU:
    3080 Aorus Xtreme
    Vega 64 competes very well with an overclocked GTX1080 in 3DMark on the latest final release drivers

[​IMG]

Last edited: Aug 11, 2017
  2. Stormyandcold

Stormyandcold Ancient Guru

GPU:
    RTX3080ti Founders
    So, the performance of Vega FE infact WAS an indication of how the RX series would perform. In 3dmark anyway.

Talking about Vega FE, it's had a £300 price drop!?!

https://www.overclockers.co.uk/amd-...card-16gb-hbm2-4096-stream-pro-gx-02e-am.html

Wow. I imagine the market didn't respond positively to it? Anyone got any info?

Last edited: Aug 10, 2017
  3. Truder

Truder Ancient Guru

GPU:
    RX 6700XT Nitro+
  4. Maddness

Maddness Ancient Guru

GPU:
    3080 Aorus Xtreme
    Yeah sorry. I'm using my mobile phone currently. Will change it when I get to my desktop.

5. mtrai

mtrai Maha Guru

GPU:
    PowerColor RD Vega
    @Onna and others can y'all with more knowledge then me break down and explain the Vega Shader ISA documentation?

6. OnnA

OnnA Ancient Guru

GPU:
    TiTan RTX Ampere UV
    In short?

New DX12 & Vulcan 64 Instructions

Many H/W changes -> indeed new & shiny (That's why it needs new Drivers, and they aren't mature yet ET 3-6 months)

Wait for Vega reviews on Guru or Annand
    or read here:
    -> AMD Vega Microarchitecture Technical Overview

7. AMD Radeon RX Vega 64 and Vega 56 reviews coming this monday
    “As of today, AMD noted that RX Vega 56 cards have been shipped to reviewers, along with a request that reviewers specifically “prioritize coverage” of RX Vega 56 over RX Vega 64 under time-constrained conditions.”

I don't remember ATI/AMD being that desperate.

8. OnnA

OnnA Ancient Guru

GPU:
    TiTan RTX Ampere UV
    AMD Navi 7nm GPU’s to have Advanced AI Acceleration Hardware !

AMD’s future generation of graphics cards are in the foreseeable future with a name already that is basically all we know about the GPU’s themselves until now… ‘Navi’ will also be featuring AI Acceleration Hardware.

Navi will be focusing on the power efficiency of the GPU and it is said to be believed that Navi will be the first microarchitecture GPU designed and conceived under Radeon Technologies Group Raja Koduri.

Fudzilla has released some information regarding the future of what Navi will be featuring. Something that is called ‘AI acceleration circuitry’ will be on board this new GPU but this is quite vague as there is no way to know what that actually means. This could mean anything from on-chip fabric, new ISA capabilities or perhaps even a new a separate AI acceleration engine.

Navi will be the first graphics card architecture built on GlobalFoundaries 7nm FinFET process. It is expected at the current time of writing this that Navi should drop between 2018/2019 but that is a long time away so who knows the delays AMD could face between then and now.

9. Maddness

Maddness Ancient Guru

GPU:
    3080 Aorus Xtreme
    Sounds intriguing OnnA

10. OnnA

OnnA Ancient Guru

GPU:
    TiTan RTX Ampere UV
    AMD's Vega NDA dates, which are:

# Unboxing embargo lift on Saturday, August 12, 11AM EDT: AMD permits unboxing photos or videos only.
    # Performance embargo lift for Vega 56 on August 14, 9AM EDT.
    # RX Vega 64 already in hands of some reviewers, with unboxing embargo lift on Saturday, August 12, 11AM EDT.
    # RX Vega 64 performance embargo lift on August 14, 9AM EDT.
    # Update: Vega 56 launches on 8/28.

->
    C1: Vega 56 Is the more attractive gpu. If the dies aren't rubbish, you could get great overclocks with an AIB card, so you get most of a 1080's performance for 1070 money.
    Can't wait for the reviews!

C2: I think that might be true. I want to get vega 64 but i'm curious about the reviews. Then i will be able to decide which card has better perf/$.
    If 56 turns out to be a great Overclocker maybe that's the way to go especially if it matches 1080's performance. Since some benchmarks showed that it might be better than 1070 but a noticeable margin straight from the box. <-

Last edited: Aug 12, 2017

11. Maddness

Maddness Ancient Guru

GPU:
    3080 Aorus Xtreme
    At least it's not too long to wait now. Hopefully AMD has managed to egg or a bit more performance from Vega. I would like to update my 480 for one or the other.

12. prazola

prazola Member Guru

GPU:
    R9390XSOC / R9290DCU2OC
    Reviewers always shows overclocked GPU and CPU in their benchmarks, i would love to see some memory tuning as well. I'm pretty sure that thee vram latency mod helps an r9 295x2 a lot in 4k.

13. Redemption80

Redemption80 Guest

GPU:
    GALAX 970/ASUS 970
    Last edited: Aug 12, 2017
  14. OnnA

OnnA Ancient Guru

GPU:
    TiTan RTX Ampere UV
    So, (i have i mind that is not offical test yet)
    difference with my Fiji:
    FS P ~3k
    FS E ~1.5k
    TS ~1k

15. Elder III

Elder III Guest

GPU:
    6900 XT Nitro+ 16GB
    I'd probably still have my R9 295x2 if it came with more VRAM. It handled 4K pretty well when I first got my monitor, but even 21 months ago it didn't have enough VRAM to handle max textures at 4K. If I lowered texture quality the majority of games were quite playable.

16. Maddness

Maddness Ancient Guru

GPU:
    3080 Aorus Xtreme
    That's a testament to the AMD and the 295x2. It certainly has stood the test of time better than most.

17. Mere

Mere Guest

GPU:
    amd fury 3840 1100/500
    So.. another fury x fiasco? :) performance& price-wise..

I guess it was too naive to expect something better than this . Well, at least their CPUs are great now

18. Goiur

Goiur Maha Guru

GPU:
    ASUS TUF RTX 4080
    Why was FuryX a fiasco?

When i got it had similar price to the 980Ti with aio cooler and performance wise is pretty close.

19. Mere

Mere Guest

GPU:
    amd fury 3840 1100/500
    Well, about a price.. let's just say it was cheaper to get 980ti where I live..so it's a bit subjective.

Anyways, fury

- used more power
    - bad OCing potential +negative performance scaling past +35-50mV if set via software
    - less VRAM

So getting 980ti and OCing it thus increasing performance gap between fury and 980ti even more was a smart choice to make.

1080 has been available for almost a year now and AMD is releasing a card with a similar performance just now. And it's their top tier card. I'm not even talking about 1080ti which is much faster than vega, has more VRAm and uses, yet again, less power.

20. Agent-A01

Agent-A01 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    4090 FE H20
    980Ti was subjectively better in every way, prices were a bit cheaper too(depending on where you lived)

Especially OC vs OC 980ti is potentially much faster.