Nvidia GeForce 382.58 Vulkan beta Download & Discussion

Discussion in 'Videocards - NVIDIA GeForce Drivers Section' started by dr_rus, Jun 10, 2017.

1. Undying

Undying Ancient Guru

GPU:
    XFX RX6800XT 16GB
    HU re-tested the Kepler gtx780 and its Vulkan performance, still looks underwhelming. Dont tell me its Vram related becouse gtx1060 3GB have no issues.

[​IMG]

2. Stormyandcold

Stormyandcold Ancient Guru

GPU:
    RTX3080ti Founders
    I've compared OpenGL and Vulkan in multiplayer and I know exactly what you mean. It's like Vulkan has that little bit more delay in reacting.

3. Darren Hodgson

Darren Hodgson Ancient Guru

GPU:
    NVIDIA RTX 4080 FE
    That's right, like additional latency which is still noticeable even on a G-SYNC monitor running the game st over 100 FPS. It would've interesting to see this tested actually.

4. Paulo Narciso

Paulo Narciso Guest

GPU:
    ASUS Strix GTX 1080 Ti
    I don´t think Gsync is working with vulkan, at least on Doom. Freesync is not working either.

5. Agent-A01

Agent-A01 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    4090 FE H20
    G.sync does not magically reduce latency.

G.sync will never lessen game 'engine' latency

6. dr_rus

dr_rus Ancient Guru

GPU:
    RTX 4090
    Vulkan is certainly the same as DX12 - meaning that performance in it mostly depends on how good the renderer is coded for the particular hardware it is running upon. We have more than enough examples of AMD beating NV and NV beating AMD in several games now for everyone to see this.

Doom's VK renderer is predominately an AMD h/w effort which is pretty clear from AMD exclusive stuff they are using so it's little wonder that it doesn't run as well as OpenGL on NV, and drivers can only do so much to change this.

That being said, Doom Vulkan is certainly faster on NV h/w _when you are CPU limited_.

7. squalles

squalles Maha Guru

GPU:
    Galax RTX 4070ti
    i don´t know... because i certainly are cpu limited because my ancient cpu... i´m using i5 2500k 4.7ghz before january with the same gtx 1080 and yet opengl runs better to me than vulkan too

8. dmod

dmod New Member

GPU:
    Palit GeForce GTX 1050 Ti
    can post links now :)

I'm certainly even more CPU limited then since I'm getting vastly superior performance out of Vulkan.

some pics

Mind you these are starting sequences of various missions without any action, so they're quite light on the CPU actually. When fighting demons the difference is even higher.

Last edited: Jun 30, 2017
  9. Keesberenburg

Keesberenburg Master Guru

GPU:
    EVGA GTX 980 TI sc
    I have more fps with Vulkan with driver 382.05 vs OGL. In mission Hell on Mars, wen look in the beginning outside, on that brige i get with OGL 75-80 FPS and with Vulkan 100+ FPS. 2560x1440 144hz. I think cause of me 3820 4core 8 threads?

10. nz3777

nz3777 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Gtx 980 Radeon 5500
    Just curious but how many games actually support ( Vulkan ) ?

11. dr_rus

dr_rus Ancient Guru

GPU:
    RTX 4090