16.101.X [Pre-GCN driver pack]

Discussion in 'Videocards - AMD Radeon Drivers Section' started by user1, Jul 28, 2016.

1. Suici Doga

Suici Doga Guest

GPU:
    Radeon HD 7640G
  2. mirh

mirh Member Guru

GPU:
    MSI HD 7750 1GB
    There's no newer CCC. Only radeonsettings after that.

For video glitches.. Try to clean with DDU (and perhaps cross-check if at least stock driver works properly)

3. user1

user1 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Mi25/IGP
    I did not edit the CIMManifest.xml to install additional languages , you can add the ids for your card under the appropriate localization and it should work.

15.301.2601.1002 for the NI section if i recall correctly.

I Apart from the ccc version mike posted, i don't believe there is a newer version of ccc and the version im using is stable and is practically identical to that slightly newer version

As for he Encoder glitches I really can't help you with that, the richland apus are the only non gcn amd devices that Have VCE, i have no way to test it.
    My only suggestion is not to use Game DVR and use an older build of OBS that supports VCE.

4. Suici Doga

Suici Doga Guest

GPU:
    Radeon HD 7640G
    How can I use the CCC that Mike posted. Does it support custom resolutions ?

I also have the cartoon effect like glitch in any video played in Movies & TV or Chrome (not all types of videos though).

Where can I find the old version of OBS with VCE support ?

5. Triilokoo

Triilokoo Guest

GPU:
    HD 6950 1 GB
    Hello, I installed the version 16.101.X_Repack_Catalyst-Win10_64_17.1.X_Feb9
    but in the version of the driver in the catalyst it shows like 15.201.1151.1008-151104a-296217E,
    is it right or should it be 15.301.2601.1002?
    Thanks for the work

6. xlollomanx

xlollomanx Member

GPU:
    Gigabyte RTX 3080
    I don't know what I have to add...and if I should do it before or after the installation. Can I replace CIMManifest.xml with one taken from official beta 16.2.1?
    My setup is:
    Cpu: AMD A10-5750M GPU: HD8650G+7670M

Thanks

7. user1

user1 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Mi25/IGP
    Probably an update to chrome caused it, can't help you there,

I have not tried the CCC version mike posted, though i expect there to be very few differences if any, custom resolutions should be available regardless.
    you should beable to run the ccc installer standalone and it will overwrite the existing ccc though i have not tried this, i dont reccomend it, no guarrantees.

as for obs
    you can find all releases here https://github.com/jp9000/obs-studio/releases

the version should be 16.101
    It is likely that windows 10 has overrwitten the driver you installed automatically, you can stop it by uninstalling the driver via ddu, rebooting and quickly running the wushowhide.diagcab troubleshooter to block windows update from overwriting the display driver and audio driver (https://support.microsoft.com/en-ca...driver-update-from-reinstalling-in-windows-10)

and then reinstalling the driver pack in disable driver signature enforcement mode

I would strongly recommends using the catalyst version, since its more functional and stable overall, however if you still insist ,

You must edit the CIMManifest before installation, and you need to add your cards ids under the sections "Catalyst Control Center Next Localization <your locale code>" and "Catalyst Control Center Next Localization <your locale code>64"
    (you will need to know your locale code "de" is germany for example )

in the table "ATI_ASIC_INCLUDE"

I would recommend just replacing one of the ids already in table row to prevent issues with formating.

each row in the table will consist of:
    the device id "0x1309"(example)
    vendor id "0x1002"
    the device Code name "KV SPECTRE LITE MOBILE 19W" ( example)
    and the device name "AMD Radeon(TM) R7 Graphics" (example

you can replace these values with ones found in 16.2.1 for your specific card.

I highly recommend using notepad ++ or an xml editor to make it easier though you can do it in normal notepad.

8. crazyline

crazyline Member

GPU:
    8680g+7670M
    can you make a modded driver to 17.4.4?
    there is a way to add the new game profiles?

Thanks

Last edited: May 22, 2017
  9. crazyline

crazyline Member

GPU:
    8680g+7670M
    why the amd 17.4.4 have the 7600M and 8650G inside if they are no GCN?

Last edited: May 22, 2017
  10. crazyline

crazyline Member

GPU:
    8680g+7670M
    why the amd 17.4.4 have the 7600M and 8650G inside if they are no GCN?

11. mirh

mirh Member Guru

GPU:
    MSI HD 7750 1GB
    Perhaps being *only* mentioned in file UnsupportedASICList.xml means something.

12. xlollomanx

xlollomanx Member

GPU:
    Gigabyte RTX 3080
    Thanks for this detailed guide.I followed this step by step but at first it doesn't work. After spending some time to understand what is wrong I finally figure out why it doesn't work. For some unexplicable reason my 7670M is detected like 7600M (with different device ID), so finally I can change language. By the way thanks for this awesome drivers!

Last edited: May 23, 2017
  13. Triilokoo

Triilokoo Guest

GPU:
    HD 6950 1 GB
    I can not open CCC I get this message in a window: Can not start AMD catalyst control center. At present there is no configuration that can be set with the AMD catalyst control center

14. crazyline

crazyline Member

GPU:
    8680g+7670M

that i know ,but my doubt is why they exist inside of them ?
    i instaled by device manager they work but ccc is disable and crossfire is disable too, theres something wecould do to autorize the drivers

15. crazyline

crazyline Member

GPU:
    8680g+7670M
    i can find the locale code where is ?

16. crazyline

crazyline Member

GPU:
    8680g+7670M

Hy

One think i download the 17.4.4 and open the CIMManifest and put the id of 7670m and 8650G , my question is i dont find the locale code and why the driver need to be 16.
    could you help please

17. xlollomanx

xlollomanx Member

GPU:
    Gigabyte RTX 3080
    Local code is the code that identify your language: Italian=it, German=de, etc...
    Drivers need to be 16 because this is the last one for us and I think the newer drivers will not work on our 7670m due to hardware limits. You can try but I don't think pure 17.4.4 drivers will work on 7670m until you switch his video drivers with these.

Last edited: May 25, 2017
  18. crazyline

crazyline Member

GPU:
    8680g+7670M
    ok but i dont find or im doing something wrong
    i downloaded the 17.4.4 changed the ids but i could find the local or there is in another place ?

19. mysteriously

mysteriously Guest

20. xlollomanx

xlollomanx Member

GPU:
    Gigabyte RTX 3080