Review: Corsair GLAIVE 16000 DPI RGB Gaming Mouse

Discussion in 'Frontpage news' started by Hilbert Hagedoorn, May 12, 2017.

1. Hilbert Hagedoorn

Hilbert Hagedoorn Don Vito Corleone Staff Member

GPU:
    AMD | NVIDIA
    We review the new 16K DPI Corsair Gaming GLAIVE RGB game mouse, the device is sturdy and aesthetically pleasing with configurable RGB LEDs and has a grip that is intensely impressive.Oh hey, and did w...

Review: Corsair GLAIVE 16000 DPI RGB Gaming Mouse

2. Fox2232

Fox2232 Guest

GPU:
    6900XT+AW@240Hz
    What about acceleration test? Does it return into same spot on screen if you move it from place fast and then back slowly?
    Many mouses have Acceleration implemented even on HW level.

3. Ryu5uzaku

Ryu5uzaku Ancient Guru

GPU:
    6800 XT
    This one does not have acceleration(according to corsair). I might get it sometime this year to replace my current corsair m65 pro which does not have hw acceleration either.

Usual suspects with hw acceleration is laser mice. Opticals don't have em usually especially if combined with Pixart sensors.

4. cryohellinc

cryohellinc Ancient Guru

GPU:
    RX 6750XT/ MAC M1
    When my current mouse dies off, i guess this will be my next one. Thanks for the review!

5. Embra

Embra Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Red Devil 6950 XT
    Thanks HH! Looks pretty good.

6. Arbie

Arbie Guest

GPU:
    GTX 1060 6GB
    Through yesterday for sure, and possibly today, Amazon was selling the Sades Q9 Gaming Mouse for $7. It's a good one overall and goes up to 3200 dpi. At checkout use the promo code "SADESQ99". Normally $15.

The Corsair reviewed here has some add-ons but I keep looking at that highly flared bottom ramp. I just replaced a mouse like that with the Sades... the flare was hard to grip and continually drove my thumb up towards the side buttons. Aggravating, and I never adapted to it.

I don't think you get better components in the high-$$ mice; just more bling. I recently had to replace the LMB microswitch in a Logitech G400S mouse. I found it was a cheap Chinese component, much inferior to the Japanese switch I installed.

7. red909

red909 Member

GPU:
    Galaxy GTX 970 4 gb
    if my kone pure optical dies, this will be my next mouse!

8. Undying

Undying Ancient Guru

GPU:
    XFX RX6800XT 16GB
    Like the design. Never had an Corsair mouse, they are kinda rare and pricy here.

9. JonasBeckman

JonasBeckman Ancient Guru

GPU:
    XFX 7900XTX M'310
    They're definitively a bit pricier though I do like the Corsair mice I've used thus far although this updated CUE 2.x software still has some quirks but it's being improved frequently with new releases. :)
    (The USB device driver this uses has some issues too but nothing severe.)

10. Ryu5uzaku

Ryu5uzaku Ancient Guru

GPU:
    6800 XT
    Oh components are for sure better. But those better components can be had for maybe 40-50€ it comes down to sensor and switches. G400s was a bad mouse.