replacement tablet.

Discussion in 'Tablets and Smart Phones' started by cookiebun, Feb 20, 2017.

1. cookiebun

cookiebun Guest

GPU:
    2 x Sapphire R9 290 TRI-X
  2. Extraordinary

Extraordinary Guest

GPU:
    ROG Strix 1080 OC
    I can advise about running out of storage, and having a MicroSD card slot would not help in that department unfortunately, with Android you can not install apps/games to External SD cards, there are some that allow you to move a chunk of the main data of the game to SD, but a lot of games don't support that and don't allow it anyway even if Android does

So I suggest getting a bigger internal capacity tablet than 16GB, go for 32GB minimum internal storage and she should have plenty of room for games

External SD cards are good for storing media only really

IIRC Android Nougat brought back the ability to combine external and internal storage to create one big storage, but not sure if any tablets support it, I know Samsung still disabled it with the S7 phone

3. cookiebun

cookiebun Guest

GPU:
    A 16gb tablet might be okay if she can have some movies and her photographs on the SD card, as it's not very easy to find a good 32gb tablet for £200 - £230, any choices from the above ones or others you can think of. regards.

4. suture

suture Guest

GPU:
    MSI 1070 GTX
    You should check nvidia shield tablet, it was realesed in 2014, (y i know) but was refreshed/revised a bit later, mine just got android 7.0 nougat update (was shipped with android 4.4). And its a fast tablet.

200 bucks, just an idea

5. cookiebun

cookiebun Guest

GPU:
    thanks both for your advice but I was looking for a 10" or 10.1" tablet I forgot to say my grand daughter who the tablet is for is six so it's not really big games she will be playing.

6. Dianeallen

Dianeallen Guest

GPU:
    1tb
    Go for more internal storage capacity tablet like 16GB,32 GB if she want to store her photos as well as music go for 64GB