AMD Ryzen 5 1400 gaming performance leaks - analysed on YT

Discussion in 'Frontpage news' started by Aritra Das, Apr 1, 2017.

1. Aritra Das

Aritra Das Guest

GPU:
    HD7770 with VGpu and Vocp
  2. Aura89

Aura89 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    -
    I kinda sorta understand that Dota 2 does not generally get benched, but this guy didn't even bench Ashes, which are the two games for sure patched for Ryzen currently...........

3. The Edge

The Edge Active Member

GPU:
    GTX 1660 Super
    How the hell is it better specifically in Tomb Raider when that is one of the games where in all reviews Ryzen was really behind Intel. (the OC version of course)

And from what I saw, it does not lack behind the Intel i5 when OCed to 3,8GHz.

And did he have the updated BIOS ? I thought he said that he is actually expecting the update to come.

Paired with better cooler (possible better OC) and especially faster RAM, it could be a nice buy.

4. Seikon

Seikon Active Member

GPU:
    MSI RX480 Gaming X 8g
    Ryzen+nvidia + dx12 in rise of the tombraider makes ryzen look bad, when using a amd gpu (witch are true dx12 cards) things change

5. vestibule

vestibule Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Radeon RX6600XT
    Good viewing ryzen 1400 rocks.

Last edited: Apr 1, 2017
  6. PrMinisterGR

PrMinisterGR Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Inno3D RTX 3090
    Is the driver he tested, the same as the one from the reviews? If not, there is the chance that NVIDIA has put some initial Ryzen optimization for it.

7. Aritra Das

Aritra Das Guest

GPU:
    HD7770 with VGpu and Vocp
    A better cooler would give probably extra 100-200 MHz .

8. chronek

chronek Guest

GPU:
    Geforce 980 GTX 4GB gddr5
    so os, api and games optimized for intel cpu, at least because of graphic card drivers optimized for amd...

9. Seikon

Seikon Active Member

GPU:
    MSI RX480 Gaming X 8g
    You dont get it , when using a nvidia card(withc all reviewers did) and using dx12 , Ryzen performs worse , when using a amd gpu the problem is gone.

10. nz3777

nz3777 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Gtx 980 Radeon 5500
    I counted 15 Fps at max Intel being in the lead this is a 2-way better /worse senario....Amd you get more cores/threads with hope of future optimazations to improve gaming even more/ Or you go the safe route pay a little more but get better gaming performance with Intel.

1080p Intel all the way/ anything over does not really matter anyway right?

11. Silva

Silva Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Asus Dual RX580 O4G
    Corrected that for you.:stewpid:

12. Arbie

Arbie Guest

GPU:
    GTX 1060 6GB
    When I do upgrade it will be with AMD. Even if Intel offers more performance per dollar (true only in a few cases now), AMD has amazingly reduced the difference to the point where I can accept it in order to help fuel competition. If the market does not reward AMD for their valiant effort in Zen, the company may be forced to give up. How many times can they come from behind in a high-stakes business like this? Then Intel will again quit trying, and several years from now we'll ALL be worse off than if they were still duking it out.

Everyone has to make their own decision, and I couldn't buy the Excavator etc fiascos, but the AMD product line now has real contenders - and we need to keep them there.

13. The Edge

The Edge Active Member

GPU:
    GTX 1660 Super
    It's not gone. Just the AMD GPU becomes the bottleneck. It's the same like testing in 1440p with Nvidia.

14. Alessio1989

Alessio1989 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Video reviews should be globally banned by UNO.

15. Aura89

Aura89 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    -
    ^ This

16. Fender178

Fender178 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    GTX 1070 | GTX 1060
    Hmm not what I was expecting out of a 4C/8t CPU but then maybe then there is the poor optimization of the Ryzen CPUs that are slowly being worked out. Possibly IPC of the i5 7400 was higher than the Ryzen 5 1400 and there is also the possibility of a bottleneck somewhere. I agree that we should wait for more official results from Hilbert.

17. george1976

george1976 Guest

GPU:
    Radeon R9290
    Have you checked the you tube video??
    Pretty much looks like the problem is gone not like it kicks the s..t out of intel but the gap is reduce to some 6% and also see how impressed the youtuber is with the crossfire performance of those two 480's.

18. leszy

leszy Master Guru

GPU:
    GB 7900XT Gaming OC
  19. The Edge

The Edge Active Member

GPU:
    GTX 1660 Super
    Which video ? The comment I responded to, didn't have any video in it.

20. vase

vase Guest

GPU:
    -
    While I share the opinion that there is a lot (A LOT) of crap benchmarks on youtube, generalizing it seems a bit strange.

Are you saying when a renowned review site performs benchmarks within their high standards of quality and then decides to make a video out of the results with some footage ... those results automatically are bad/invalid/etc. ?

I think you really will have to differentiate...

Video is just a medium, like audio, like journals, etc.
    The underlying research/test can be of exceptional quality, or of bad quality.