The AMD Ryzen All In One Tread /Overclocking/Memory Speeds & Timings/Tweaking/Cooling

Discussion in 'Processors and motherboards AMD' started by chispy, Feb 22, 2017.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. chispy

chispy Ancient Guru

GPU:
    RTX 4090
    *** Updates for today March 21 , 2017 - Completed the Overclocking Guide of Overclocking Using AMD Ryzen Master Utility for Overclocking Control ***

2. Kanuki

Kanuki Member

GPU:
    RTX 3080 10GB
    Thank you so much for your guide. :)

Here is my finding after I followed this guide
    with AIDA64 system stability test for 10 minutes
    and everything inside BIOS leave to default settings.

3.8GHz @ 1.35v - Perfectly stable

3.9GHz @ 1.40v - Not quite stable. It could stand the test up for only 6 minutes.

3.9GHz @ 1.425v - Perfectly Stable with temperature steady at 51c.

4.0GHz @ 1.425v-1.55v - Unstable. Can boot up OS but the system crashed immediately after I start the test.

I'm stuck with 3.9GHz at the moment.
    Maybe I got the bad silicon lottery after all. T_T

P.S. I'm still waiting to try out your manual overclock guide.
    Maybe it could help me to push it to 4.0GHz.

Last edited: Mar 21, 2017
  3. chispy

chispy Ancient Guru

GPU:
    RTX 4090
    Your welcome , later on today we shall try manual overclocking wish by the way it's more refine on Asus CH 6 hero with latest Bios 1001. We need to dig very deep inside many settings in the Bios to try to get you there ok :). Also i do have one SK Hynix memory kit 2x8GB DDR4 2800Mhz so i know a trick or two to get that Ram running fast. May i ask what's your cooling ?

Regards: Chispy

4. ddelamare

ddelamare Guest

GPU:
    Inno3D GTX 1070 X4
    I've order an AM4 bracket for the Corsair H80i v2 approx 1 week ago. At the moment, i have received no information other than the order was accepted.

In the short term, i purchased the H110i V1. The mounting system for AM4 is not the best, only two fixed points and not four, but its working well.

If and when i get the bracket, i will probably put the whole H80i up for sale, but i am not expecting anything soon lol

5. Kanuki

Kanuki Member

GPU:
    RTX 3080 10GB
    I'm using Cryorig A80 top mounting with 2 140mm fans push and 1 200mm pull.
    I'm also planning to install one more 200mm fan pull since I have empty space
    on top of the casing and it got it for free.

Thank you so much... You're very kind and very helpful. :)

6. PhantomGamers

PhantomGamers Guest

GPU:
    NVIDIA GTX 1080 EVGA FTW
    I mean at least for you the h110i will be a significant upgrade since you're going to dual rad, but I don't think there's as big of a difference going from a dual 120 rad to a dual 140 rad, and I don't think it'd fit in my case anyway so I'd also have to buy a new case. Hrm

7. okismoki

okismoki Guest

GPU:
    Evga 1080ti FTW 3
    My h110 is keeping the cpu so cool that i am astonished 1700@4ghz 1,4V was running FAH and bunch of other stuff and i never got over 60c... i have only gotten over 60c with synthetics

8. PhantomGamers

PhantomGamers Guest

GPU:
    NVIDIA GTX 1080 EVGA FTW
    How are you mounting your h110?

9. Elder III

Elder III Guest

GPU:
    6900 XT Nitro+ 16GB
    [​IMG][/IMG]

In case anyone was interested in buying this specific GSkill DDR4 3200, it is indeed Samsung memory. It's pricey, but I can wholeheartedly recommend it.

10. okismoki

okismoki Guest

GPU:
    Evga 1080ti FTW 3

they use the AMD bracket system. works greal and makes for exstremly easy instalation

11. okismoki

okismoki Guest

GPU:
    Evga 1080ti FTW 3
    Well managed to bump the memory up to 2666 atleast

12. Webhiker

Webhiker Master Guru

GPU:
    ASRock Radeon RX 79
    I replaced the fans on my H110i GT with 2 Noctua NF-A14 PWM fans (http://noctua.at/en/nf-a14-pwm.html). Now it's just a silent as my old ND-15 cooler was. I can only hear the pump now.

13. chispy

chispy Ancient Guru

GPU:
    RTX 4090
    For those of you that are using Asus Crosshair VI Hero ( Might work on other motherboards too ) i will share on this post my 24/7 100% stable settings , voltages and tweaks for 4200Mhz cpu overclock R7 1700x and DDR4 Ram running at 3200Mhz 14-14-14-34 1T for everyday use ( This settings and overclock on the CPU and Memory does gives a huge Boost in fps gaming ). It might or might not work for you but it won't hurt to try them. * disclaimer * - Try them at your own risk as i won't be held responsible for any damage done by using this settings. Very important notes: 1. *** Stay at 1.20v. Maximum or below on VDDSOC Voltage Override *** Always , as a precaution against bricking your board as recommended by Elmor from Asus, even on latest Bios 1001. 2. Sense MI Skew - Enabled 3. DRMA VBoot Voltage this value Always needs to be set at the same voltage you use on your DRAM Voltage in order to be able to boot at high DDR4 frequencies , this trick might be able to help most of you that have trouble booting at high DDR4 frequencies.

Overclocking the CPU , pedal to the metal extreme style , follow the settings below:

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Overclocking the Memory ( Applies only to Samsung B-die single rank memory ) , pedal to the metal extreme style , follow the settings below for 3200Mhz Cas 14-14-14-34 1T:

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Last edited: Mar 22, 2017
  14. Kanuki

Kanuki Member

GPU:
    RTX 3080 10GB
    Thank you so much... ^_^ I will try it out later

Please also tell me how to make the Hynix run at higher value.

Last edited: Mar 22, 2017
  15. Webhiker

Webhiker Master Guru

GPU:
    ASRock Radeon RX 79

16. w0nderz

w0nderz Member Guru

GPU:
    RX 6900XT
    So I turned back my B350 Tomhawk and my first R7 1700, took a Asus X370-Pro and a brand new 1700, comes out that this one doesn't even do a single CB R15 run at 4.0GHz @ 1.5V+, my old was stable 4.0GHz @ 1.4V...:bang:

:s3d:

17. PhantomGamers

PhantomGamers Guest

GPU:
    NVIDIA GTX 1080 EVGA FTW
    What do you mean?

The H110 is only compatible with the AM3 AFAIK, did you receive the AM4 bracket or are you referring to the H110i?

Not trying to sound like a dick if you meant the H110i, just trying to see if there's a solution for me. I'm tempted to try the zip tie method but I'm sure I'd screw it up

18. Gigabytes

Gigabytes Guest

GPU:
    RX480 (Vega dreaming)
    You could consider moving to the high end Asus MB, that has the holes for a AM3 backplate if I'm not mistaken.

19. PhantomGamers

PhantomGamers Guest

GPU:
    NVIDIA GTX 1080 EVGA FTW
    Yeah but after the nightmare I had with their bios when I had the prime I'm hesitant about going Asus again, I'm really happy with my ASRock board other than the bios not running in 1080p for me.

Although that was one of the selling points for me when I went to return my prime, I was gonna pick up a hero but they were out of stock so I went with the ASRock, and I'm quite happy with how everything turned out, but yeah the mounting situation is gonna be annoying until they get the am4 brackets out to everyone

20. Radical_53

Radical_53 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    EVGA RTX 3080 FTW3
    @elder III: do you know, by any chance, if this applies to all higher spec'ed G.Skill RAM? I bought a set of TridentZ 3200 myself, but it's C16 and 32GB (2x16).

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.