Thermal Paste Recomendations

Discussion in 'Die-hard Overclocking & Case Modifications' started by pegasus1, Mar 19, 2017.

1. pegasus1

pegasus1 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    TUF 4090
    Its been a while since ive used any so what it currently hot (or not) in the world of thermal paste.

Thanks

2. lexer98

lexer98 Guest

GPU:
    GTX 1070 - WC
    Thermal Grizzly Conductonaut is amazing 73 W/mk similar to Liquid Ultra. Both are metal liquid so you have to apply it with care because conduct electricity.
    If not KRYONAUT still pretty impressive 12W/mk better than Gelid Extreme or MX-4

3. pegasus1

pegasus1 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    TUF 4090
    Just seen those prices :eek3:, im not paying that much cash when its for my 1080Ti thats going in my waterloop therefore is not temperature limited.

4. fantaskarsef

fantaskarsef Ancient Guru

GPU:
    4090@H2O
    I know those pastes are expensive, but you're buying a 800 pounds GPU and want to save money with thermal paste when putting the thing under water? In comparison to what you spend on the hardware + waterblock (+ custom loop), I guess it wouldn't make too much of a difference to spend a little extra :)

But under water, the difference is negliable I guess. Used Gelid Extreme and I'm still happy with my temps under water.

5. lexer98

lexer98 Guest

GPU:
    GTX 1070 - WC
    Conductonaut 1g only cost 9u$D isn't that expensive and with a tiny drop you cover the entire die.
    But MX-4 or Gelid are cheap and still good enought 8.5W/mk, below that quality is just crap

6. pegasus1

pegasus1 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    TUF 4090
    Im not looking to save money but im not willing to pay that much to save the odd degree C here or there.
    Ive used some decent stuff over the 20 odd years ive been building and OCing systems but ive never paid £40+ which is the price of those two. Ive still got some MX-2 and AS5 left but ive ordered the Thermal Grizzly.
    Cheers all

7. pegasus1

pegasus1 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    TUF 4090
    It was the stuff that was £40 i wasnt happy with.

8. jura11

jura11 Guest

GPU:
    RTX 3090 NvLink
    Hi there

Personally I'm using on CPU as TIM Thermal Grizzly Kryonaut which is best, then I tried Noctua NT-H1 which is very similar to Kryonaut and difference between two TIM is around 1-2°C as max there, then here is Gelid GC-Extreme which is very similar

On GPU I'm using solely Noctua NT-H1 as with this paste I'm getting best temps, tried as well Kryonaut but temps not been as good like with NT-H1

Hope this helps

Thanks, Jura

9. lexer98

lexer98 Guest

GPU:
    GTX 1070 - WC
    That is the 5g syringe the 1g cost £9.03. But as i said if you want save some money just get MX-4 or Gelid Extreme.

10. Mufflore

Mufflore Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Aorus 3090 Xtreme
    The problem with liquid metals is they degrade quite rapidly compared to none metal pastes.
    That wouldnt be quite so bad but they are a pig to clean off which is why I dont use one.

My personal favourite is Gelid Extreme.
    You can be sure it gets good coverage without waste because it is spread thinly with the provided spatula.
    The result is very good.