Vehicles of Guru3D Thread Pt. 3

Discussion in 'The Guru's Pub' started by aircool, Nov 4, 2014.

1. scoter man1

scoter man1 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    MSI GTX 1070ti
    I read about it somewhere on the interwebs and someone mentioned it being cheap. I was surprised since Michigan is normally really expensive. I think the main reason for it being cheap is that it's considered as a "pleasure car" since I drive a subaru legacy as my main car. Plus I have nothing on my record. Hopefully I can contain myself enough with that 'vette so I don't add anything to it :cops: :leave:

2. N0sferatU

N0sferatU Ancient Guru

GPU:
    EVGA RTX 3080 Ultra
    Even my GT-R isn't that much to insure. It's an extra $100 every 6 months over my C7 Vette. C7 was almost the same as that prior C6. :)

3. bigpipe

bigpipe Watson Guru

GPU:
    Gtx 1080

Last edited: Mar 19, 2017
  4. scoter man1

scoter man1 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    MSI GTX 1070ti

5. bigpipe

bigpipe Watson Guru

GPU:
    Gtx 1080
    Thanks!
    If your really looking for a vette do a lot of research first. Nobody buys one because they need one you buy it because you want one.
    A lot of OLD MEN buy these and sell them when they can no longer get in and out of it!

6. scoter man1

scoter man1 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    MSI GTX 1070ti
    I understand. My dad had a 1967 'vette and sold it a few years ago. I've always wanted a V8, and have always loved the C6. I really love the Z06, but it's not really practical/affordable for me right now. Buying a used C6 seems like a great idea since they've already done their devaluing, and the LS is pretty bulletproof. I looked into getting a new Mustang GT, but jeez, they're like 35k, plus they'll devalue like a rock for a few years. I figure most folks that dish out 55k for the corvette in the first place are probably going to take care of it (can easily check with an inspection).

Might as well get what I like!

Plus I may or may not be working for GM, so I'll fit in pretty good, lol.

7. N0sferatU

N0sferatU Ancient Guru

GPU:
    EVGA RTX 3080 Ultra
    just because we're on the topic of Corvette...boost is fun :banana:

Nice looking C5 but 13 flat isn't that quick.

This is quick...my old C6 b4 I traded it out for some fried rice (R35 GT-R)

Speedo was out of calibration by 5 MPH so it reads 5 MPH slow this entire run it's really 45 to 145mph. Damn drag radials different size than the street tires. :bang:

8. scoter man1

scoter man1 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    MSI GTX 1070ti
    My god, lol...

The speedo just sweeps by with that blower

9. 0blivious

0blivious Ancient Guru

GPU:
    7800 XT / 5700 XT
    Good luck with that. Power under foot is quite intoxicating. :roll: More power!

10. IcE

IcE Don Snow

GPU:
    3070Ti FE
    Lucky you...haha. Being young is what really screws you. I pay just around $2,300 a year for my Abarth. I can afford it and it doesn't bother me that much, but it's pretty bad. I just turned 25 this year, so hopefully that helps me somewhat. I'm doubtful though :)

11. N0sferatU

N0sferatU Ancient Guru

GPU:
    EVGA RTX 3080 Ultra
    Don't make me feel too old now I'm still in my early 30s haha. Bought that C6 right before 30 and sold it last year for Godzilla. :)

12. Agent-A01

Agent-A01 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    4090 FE H20
    You're kidding right?

I had cheaper insurance on AMG.

Unless you've have poor credit and/or multiple at fault wrecks that doesn't sound right.

13. vbetts

vbetts Don Vincenzo Staff Member

GPU:
    GTX 1080 Ti
    Woohoo, my bike is coming along finally!

New tires.

Need speedometer(went with a digital all in one gauge with Neutral light, gas gauge, even digital), got a new light ordered for it(the cheap one on the bike was ugly), and got some rear fairings and bottom plates ordered to help protect some of the wiring and give it a cleaner look. When I get everything done on it, I'll post some pictures.

So far, just had to put a new CDI box, get the carbs jetted, and just make it look pretty!

On my Mazda 3 2.0LT, and my 1990 Suzuki GSX600F I pay about $450 every 6 months for full coverage on both even, with decent deductibles and coverage as well. I am also not a slow driver so I'm surprised I don't have any tickets lol.

Thinking about picking up a small coupe, like a Miata or a MR250. Something small and fun to mess around in, just show off during the summer. We'll see what happens though, I still really just want to focus on getting my bike built better!

Last edited: Mar 20, 2017
  14. IcE

IcE Don Snow

GPU:
    3070Ti FE
    Nope. Good credit and only 1 at fault wreck (although I'm up to two now due to something that happened that was outside of my control that I should have litigated over). Insurance rates don't always make sense. Some states have higher average premiums, and some model cars are more statistically likely to be crashed. I doubt AMG Mercs get crashed that often compared to a cheaper hot hatch.

I'm about to start a new policy with a new company soon and my rates should be a little more reasonable, but we'll see.

15. IcE

IcE Don Snow

GPU:
    3070Ti FE
    I imported a special edition shift knob from Italy. Shifting gears is now a very sexual experience, I must say....

[​IMG]

It's machined aluminum with a Satin finish. Ferrari style, bois. Can't wait to melt a hole in my hand during the summer.

16. Damnit

Damnit Ancient Guru

GPU:
    MSI 6700XT
    1968 GMC 1500. A little bit of work done to it.[​IMG]

Last edited: Apr 1, 2017
  17. N0sferatU

N0sferatU Ancient Guru

GPU:
    EVGA RTX 3080 Ultra
    Shifter knob looks cool

Interesting place for window switches rather than using them on the doors.

18. IcE

IcE Don Snow

GPU:
    3070Ti FE
    Your image link is broken. Pls fix

Ty sir. And yeah, it's kind of strange. Reminds me of the Jeep Wrangler. The car is full of little quirks like that. Part of the charm I suppose. I'm about to significantly upgrade the suspension for autoX. New thicker torsion bar, lowering springs, and koni yellow shocks. The holy trinity for these cars.

19. Damnit

Damnit Ancient Guru

GPU:
    MSI 6700XT
    Should be working now.

20. ramthegamer

ramthegamer Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Zotac Trinity 3080
    thx man appreciate it, i love this car very much and a classic, what kinda car u have,?