Mounting question for new 4k TV

Discussion in 'The HTPC, HDTV & Ultra High Definition section' started by Brogan, Nov 29, 2016.

1. Brogan

Brogan Guest

GPU:
    4080 Gaming OC
    Hey all. Just recently purchased a new Samsung 4k TV. And I have an older TV stand with a rear swivel mount that uses this type of adapter:
    [​IMG][​IMG])

In looking at the TV's installation pdf, it provides two (2) threaded wall mount adapters (spacers) ONLY for the upper 2 mounting locations on the back of the TV (standard Vesa 400x400 setup). Link here.

I have no worries about the stand holding the TV, as it's currently holding a 90 lb plasma without issue (the ks8000 is half that). What I'm curious about is what kinds of issues I may run into when attaching the vertical monitor brackets to the TV using the (nearly) 2 inch long spacers just on the top mounts of a TV this narrow:
    [​IMG][​IMG]

I know I have some extra long screws that came with the swivel mount (and if I don't, I can easily purchase some). I just wonder if once I attach the brackets, will the screws extend far enough into the upper mounting holes to be safe (no, I don't yet have the spacers to measure), or will the TV then be tilted overly forward with these huge adapters for a barely noticeable curve of the back of the set?

If anybody has any experience with mounting this kind of set to a wall mount or stand with this type of bracket and could give me some advice, I'd appreciate it.

2. Netherwind

Netherwind Ancient Guru

GPU:
    GB 4090 Gaming OC
    I have the same as you only it's the 7 series. From what I've read the back panel has a tendency to start to loosen up after a while. Not sure if this applies to the 8 and 9 series too but I'd make sure I know what I'm doing before mounting anything. For me it's natural that you attach the TV to four connectors on the back and not just two.

For the record mine is on a bench and not mounted.

3. Brogan

Brogan Guest

GPU:
    4080 Gaming OC
    Hmm.... after looking at that pdf, it seems I was mistaken about only using 2 spacers. It looks like you do indeed have to use 4.

Either way, I guess I'll wait and see when it arrives. I'm not too worried about it.

4. Steppzor

Steppzor Master Guru

GPU:
    MSI 3080 Ventus OC
    Hi OP, how do you like the TV? I just ordered the same model myself and waiting for it to be delivered.

5. Pyr0

Pyr0 Master Guru

GPU:
    EVGA 1080ti FTW3
    You should have 4 plastic spacers that come with the tv.
    With those I used 4x 45mm m8 button heads to fasten the vesa mount.

6. Hammie

Hammie Banned

GPU:
    760 SMG 28"
    Congrats, Nice TV. Glad you didn't get curved. Curved cant be put on a wall,

And probably wont fit in the wall unit you bought. gl :wanker:

7. kynek

kynek Guest

GPU:
    gt 540m/2gb
    Hmmm

8. chispy

chispy Ancient Guru

GPU:
    RTX 4090
    All the information you need is at this link: http://www.avsforum.com/forum/166-l...cial-samsung-ks8000-ks8500-owners-thread.html ( Download that pdf )

You will need the 4 plastic spacers that came with your TV and 4 M8-1.25 x45 mm Screws as seen on this picture:

[​IMG]

I have the same model Samsung KS8000 65" Mounted on my wall on a Vesa mount , see below pictures of how it is mounted on my wall using the plastic spacers on the Vesa mount. ( download the pictures and rotate to see it full size and in the correct angle, sorry it was some quick pictures uploaded to tinypic )

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

I hope this helps !

Regards: Chispy

9. XoleraZ

XoleraZ Guest

GPU:
    Gigabyte GeForce GT
    Can you re upload the pictures

10. tsunami231

tsunami231 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    EVGA 1070Ti Black
    have you called the manufacture of the tv and stand to see if what is needed to mount it? some mount manufactures say spacers are needed some mount manufacture tv say spacers are not need for said tv with it mount. and vis versa.

11. Loobyluggs

Loobyluggs Ancient Guru

GPU:
    RTX 3060 12GB
  12. Brenon55

Brenon55 Guest

GPU:
    50 go
    Hello everyone. Thank you for exposing this with us, I find it really interesting! However, a detail trottine me a little on the installation of this TV, I would like to expose it if it is possible. Thank you for your return.  Good luck to all.