AMD Ryzen CPU scores pop up in Ashes Of The Singularity Benchmark Database

Discussion in 'Frontpage news' started by Hilbert Hagedoorn, Feb 3, 2017.

1. Hilbert Hagedoorn

Hilbert Hagedoorn Don Vito Corleone Staff Member

GPU:
    AMD | NVIDIA
    Oh man, there is no stopping this hype train is it? Somebody posted a screenshot of Ashes of the Singularity showing a CPU benchmark run with you guessed it right, an AMD Ryzen entry. You’ll notice that the run was done at 4K with a GeForce Titan X (Pascal). The processor is denoted as AMD Ryzen: ZD3601BAM88F4_40/36_Y

http://www.guru3d.com/news-story/am...es-of-the-singularity-benchmark-database.html

2. Silva

Silva Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Asus Dual RX580 O4G
    Great for a laugh, but will wait for official reviews (and guru3D own review).
    I do want AMD to launch something great, I'd be all over that 8c/8t to replace my old i5-2500k.

3. The Reeferman

The Reeferman Member Guru

GPU:
    GTX 1080 Ti
    "I just mimicked the settings and popped in a Titan X myself on a Core i7 6950X test rig here in the lab. My main VGA test rig is configured with all CPU cores (8) at 4.3 GHz"

So you disabled 2 cores of the Core i7 6950X?

4. slick3

slick3 Guest

GPU:
    RTX 2070 +85/1200
    So to clarify, we don't know if the Ryzen benchmark was CPU mode or GPU mode?

5. Hilbert Hagedoorn

GPU:
    AMD | NVIDIA
    Sorry, a typo that already was fixed already in the news post. The VGA test setup runs a Core i7 5960X (Haswell-E) @ 4.3 GHz on all eight cores.

6. Hilbert Hagedoorn

GPU:
    AMD | NVIDIA
    Correct, we also don't know if it actually was in there or if this was a photoshopped screenshot that got posted. The last bit seems a little unlikely though. I did check the AOTS database on that username, the results are no longer there.

7. Venix

Venix Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Rtx 4070 super
    as far as these results go i will ignore em completely, ryzen review will be here most likely at the end of this month and then HH will show us exactly what ryzen can do !

8. Angrycrab

Angrycrab Guest

GPU:
    Titan XP EVGA Hybrid Kit
    The resolution In the picture Is set at 0 X 0 what does that mean?

9. Clouseau

Clouseau Ancient Guru

GPU:
    ZOTAC AMP RTX 3070
    Should not the benchmark show the mode it was run in? Otherwise what good are the results. Thought the whole purpose was to run the tests in the same manor so the results can be compared and not just an unrelated set of numbers. That to me makes the benchmark only useful for personal purposes.

10. Hilbert Hagedoorn

GPU:
    AMD | NVIDIA
    I noticed that when looking at the screenshot initially as well. It should say 3840x2160. However when I ran my test run at Ultra HD, the result set displayed 0 x 0 as well. Making that leaked screenshot a little more plausible.

11. Dygaza

Dygaza Guest

GPU:
    Vega 64 Liquid
    Hilbert, leaked Rysen result must be in gpu mode (not cpu mode) as cpu mode only gives cpu framerate, not gpu at all.

12. waltc3

waltc3 Maha Guru

GPU:
    AMD 50th Ann 5700XT
    I don't mind the hype...AMD deserves its build PR build up, imo. We shall see if the products that actually ship have been overstated or understated by the hype. I hope it's the latter...;)

The most overstated example of hype that was completely undeserved that I've ever seen was nVidia's nv30...;) If you remember that--the web-site "countdown"--all of the phony benchmarks posted for weeks and months ahead of launch--and the final drab result that wound up being cancelled by nVidia six months after it shipped, you know what I mean. nv30 AKA "The leaf blower"...;)

Last edited: Feb 3, 2017
  13. fantaskarsef

fantaskarsef Ancient Guru

GPU:
    4090@H2O
    Those are not the droids you are looking for. Move on. :rolleyes:

AMD_FanBoy running a Titan XP for an AotS benchmark... of course that looks strange.

14. Stormyandcold

Stormyandcold Ancient Guru

GPU:
    RTX3080ti Founders
    ok, so, which intel cpu would that performance most closely match?

15. -Tj-

-Tj- Ancient Guru

GPU:
    3080TI iChill Black
    some Russian? site did a comparison but its not really comparable, they found a bunch of V2 tests and with half-terrain on , not off like by AMD leak..

https://www.overclockers.ua/news/hardware/2017-02-03/119681/

I had some old tests too and got 99fps there by overall (v2 - AoS Escalation).
    [​IMG]

6700K @ 4.2Ghz? apparently got 107fps, 6950x@3Ghz? 78fps

Last edited: Feb 3, 2017

16. Stormyandcold

Stormyandcold Ancient Guru

GPU:
    RTX3080ti Founders
    Cheers Tj.

Those Ryzen results look...weak? Infact, if I'm reading these results right, then, Ryzen is REALLY weak? That can't be right man, I don't think this is legit.

17. chispy

chispy Ancient Guru

GPU:
    RTX 4090
    This one does not look legit at all :/

18. -Tj-

-Tj- Ancient Guru

GPU:
    3080TI iChill Black
    Yeah its weird, shame they didn't use cpu focused benchmark,. I got ~ 42fps there @ 1080p, crazy present dx12.

And it used all 8 threads to the max 92-98%, at times all 99-100% and @ 70C, lol like cinebench15 :nerd:

Last edited: Feb 4, 2017
  19. Dazz

Dazz Maha Guru

GPU:
    ASUS STRIX RTX 2080
    One thing i have noticed is the majority of the benchmarks have half resolution terrain On, while this test has that disabled, i bet running the terrain at 4k is a killer rather than the default 2k.