Watch_Dogs - General moding

Discussion in 'Game Tweaks and Modifications' started by Essenthy, Jan 4, 2015.

1. TheCrasher

TheCrasher Guest

GPU:
    MSI GTX1080ti 11g
    I found the ps4 nowep sprint (the one in the ctos monitoring trailer)

2. KookMaster5000

KookMaster5000 Guest

GPU:
    EVGA GTX 1060 6GB SC
    Dang, is the loop broken like the weapon sprint from the trailer, or does it work okay?
    Also, thanks TXGT, I'll probably force it in my mod, as it looks a lot nicer when that's enabled (especially when it rains).

3. TheCrasher

TheCrasher Guest

GPU:
    MSI GTX1080ti 11g
    It's even more broken:

http://streamable.com/zsam9

Last edited: Feb 1, 2017
  4. TheCrasher

TheCrasher Guest

GPU:
    MSI GTX1080ti 11g

5. txgt

txgt Guest

GPU:
    MSI GTX 1060 6G
  6. KookMaster5000

KookMaster5000 Guest

GPU:
    EVGA GTX 1060 6GB SC
    Weird. I wonder why they'd make entirely new animations when they could just fix up the ones they already had partially done?

Anyways, I'm free tonight so I plan to work more on my mod. Does anybody know anything about gameplay scripting? I'm considering making a version that messed with the reputation system and maybe even profiling if I can.

I think the whole crime solving system is a little broken since there are never false positives. As much as I can't do that because I can't animate for Watch Dogs, it'd be cool to fix up the reputation system.

In my opinion, its way too easy to stay on the good side of the system, so I think heightening the effect that killed or hurt people has would help balance out the system. I mean all of the news broadcasts you get when you're bad talk about you being reckless rather than just bad, so I think mistakes like killing civilians should be a lot harder to make up for.

In addition I'd like to make news broadcasts about you happen more often and even when you're good, I mean the police are looking for pearce even when he's good, and that could lead to more cool gameplay moments. (People also take way too long to recognize Aiden and begin calling the police during these segments).

Also it'd be cool to make certain objects take out enemies rather than just their cars (like how gangs get out of their cars unharmed when you raise road blockers).

If not, that's cool too. I'm mostly shooting for it to be an E3 graphics mod. I've just been thinking about possible improvements to gameplay lately. I mean part of making the game like the demos is to make it more fun, right?

7. The Silver

The Silver Guest

GPU:
    GTX 770 2GB
    I have already done exactly that, I made those edits for myself but I can post the file if you are interested. :)
    I've made the crimes take away more reputation overall, the small crimes just a little more, while the bad ones like injuring or even worse killing innocent civilians and cops a lot more. Even killing a criminal rewards you less that incapacitating him non-lethally, however wounding cops isn't more punishing, both because it's the commonly accepted "hollywood" way of disposing good guys while still being the good guy, and because it's the only non-lethal way that the game allows you to dispose of cops at a distance, so I think we deserve some breating room. ;)
    However the coolest thing of my minimod is that I was able to restore some crimes that apparently are implemented but ultimately removed from the final game, especially Carjaking which now punishes you for assaulting the driving citizen and stealing his vehicle, with proper language specific reputation warning about your carjaking. :D
    I've never talked about that because I had the impression that people were already annoyed by WD not being GTA enough, so I thought that punishing them even more for playing the game like a mindless GTA wouldn't have been welcomed... :p hile I freaking love to roleplay the game as if I'm like Jason Bourne on a vigilante spree, walking on the streets blending with the crowd, carefully investigating the crime area and planning my action so that there are the least chances of innocents killed in case of a gunfight, evading cops and hurting them only when absolutely necessary because we are on the same side even if I'm undercover and they don't know that. Things like this. XD

8. KookMaster5000

KookMaster5000 Guest

GPU:
    EVGA GTX 1060 6GB SC
    No way man, that's awesome! I've been wanting to fix the gameplay for the longest time, but I never knew anything about modding so I figured it was far fetched. If you could share that with me that'd be great! Are the tweaks you mentioned the only ones, or did you make others?

Regardless, that sounds awesome.

9. KAOS GAMING

KAOS GAMING Guest

which code do you edit exactly to enable a file like e3 clear lighting in environmentlighting.lib file?

10. KookMaster5000

KookMaster5000 Guest

GPU:
    EVGA GTX 1060 6GB SC
    What I did was go into E3 clear lighting.Clear_Lighting.xml and copy all of the code after the variables are initialized (So start copying where it says this);
    <object name="gradSunLightColor">
    <object name="Knots">

and copied that all the way through the end of the code, and pasted that in place of the code after the variables are stated in E3_2013.Clear_Lighting. Next, I went down to AutoExposure and changed selLuminanceComputationMethod from Histogram threshold to GPU average. This will eliminate the strange black dots they were/are seeing with Crasher's mashup mod.

This will give you the lighting preset used in E3 2012's demo during clear weather. It has a few issues, mostly concerning static reflections which are rather intense.

If you want storm lighting too, do the same with E3 stromy lighting and E3 2013 stormy lighting. (which is way too dark during the day, I'd recommend tweaking that if you want daytime stormy weather to be playable).

Also, I'm not sure it makes a difference, but CurveSpeed in the stormy weather in the first Knot is set to 100 rather than the usual 0. Not sure if that messes it up, but I'd change it back to 0 just to avoid issues.

11. KookMaster5000

KookMaster5000 Guest

GPU:
    EVGA GTX 1060 6GB SC
    Here are my results so far (after a bit of tweaking):

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

I'm still working to make it look more normal, but it's coming along well.

12. KookMaster5000

KookMaster5000 Guest

GPU:
    EVGA GTX 1060 6GB SC
    If you're having issues opening the links, just try it in a new tab, It won't work for me either.

13. TheCrasher

TheCrasher Guest

GPU:
    MSI GTX1080ti 11g
    In order to get the lighting to work properly, you have to use the E3 parameters in windy_city.rml

The results are displeasing:

[​IMG]

I'm trying to make the fog render farther away, does anyone know how to change the fog render distance?

Last edited: Feb 2, 2017
  14. KAOS GAMING

KAOS GAMING Guest

wait so you copy from e3 clear file to what file?

15. KookMaster5000

KookMaster5000 Guest

GPU:
    EVGA GTX 1060 6GB SC
    E3_2013.Clear_Lighting. Not everything will look exactly like E3 because of engine changes that we can't undo, but the coloring will look a lot more like E3, especially sunset and night time.

16. The Silver

The Silver Guest

GPU:
    GTX 770 2GB
    Ok I will create a thread for this minimod as soon as I can, and I will include also a quick guide for editing it, so everyone will be able to tune it to suit his taste. :)
    I was also trying to add patrolling cop cars and cops on foot, and maybe slightly increase the chance of seeing ambulances and firetrucks, but I can't promise anything.

Last edited: Feb 2, 2017
  17. KookMaster5000

KookMaster5000 Guest

GPU:
    EVGA GTX 1060 6GB SC
    Hey, whatever you can do sounds great. I'll be looking forward to it. Do you mind if I make a version of my mod with your gameplay edits when I release it? I'll be sure to give you credits of course.

18. KookMaster5000

KookMaster5000 Guest

GPU:
    EVGA GTX 1060 6GB SC
    On the subject, I wonder how hard it would be to make gang hide outs appear in the open world?

In the loading screens there are hints about how sometimes if cops and gangs are in the vicinity they might fight each other. I imagine it'd be easier to have that happen if they're not completely separated by mission scenarios, ya know? That might be really hard to do though.

19. TheCrasher

TheCrasher Guest

GPU:
    MSI GTX1080ti 11g
    Does anyone know how to change fog distance?

20. KookMaster5000

KookMaster5000 Guest

GPU:
    EVGA GTX 1060 6GB SC
    Okay. It's not completely done yet, but a couple people have asked me for an unfinished version of my E3 lighting patch. Daytime and nighttime rain lighting are still too dark, but the clear lighting is good in my opinion. I'll still make some tweaks to both, but you can find a WIP version here:

https://drive.google.com/drive/folders/0BymenQGS7uhbTEhwdG5OVnRHeTQ?usp=sharing

This is without any sort of texture performance mod (like Maldo or TonyMbr) so if you wanna try it with that on, you'll have to unpack it with Disrupt tools and put them in yourself. This version also includes the following other mods:

Barretta m92,
    Essenthy road reflections(I think I removed sidewalk reflections because they weren't drying for me during dry weather),
    ThatGuy's sun lens flare,
    Light bloom and light DOF by TXGT,
    Relief mapping by The_Silver,
    as well as E3 2012 focus and head bob. It's also Bad Blood compatable.

While it's work in progress, everything's completely functional. I mainly just want to tweak some lighting settings (especially in storm weather) to make seeing things easier. The final version will also have one with headlight shadows on, as well as other mods included. (I also plan to release one with The_Silver's gameplay tweaks).

I hope you guys enjoy what I have so far, I'll be working on it more in the coming days.