Watch_Dogs MASHUP MOD

Discussion in 'Game Tweaks and Modifications' started by TheCrasher, Oct 5, 2016.

1. Markie

Markie Member Guru

GPU:
    GTX 950 2Gb
    Nevermind

I just changed my opinion XD

I did some more comparisons between the "natural" patch files and the "e3" patch files, and now suddenly i think the e3 is cooler. I mean, the natural still looks more realistic (and maybe better for screenshots), but when playing the game what really gives a nice feeling is the e3 look (fog+bloom). It's more cinematic, and that's what counts more during gameplay. Anyway, now i have 2 patch files "presets", and i can change between them easily, so, ¯ :thumbup:

@TheCrasher
    Why won't you put txgt's Light DOF mod as default in your pack? The DOF setting that comes with it is the exaggerated one, which is not suitable for gameplay.

Last edited: Dec 4, 2016
  2. TheCrasher

TheCrasher Guest

GPU:
    MSI GTX1080ti 11g
    I'll consider adding less harsh DOF, once I get back to by main PC.

3. Markie

Markie Member Guru

GPU:
    GTX 950 2Gb
    Is it just me or even with mods the game doesn't cast shadows from small lamps? I mean, at least Aiden's body doesn't create shadows on the ground coming from the lamps on the corridor outside his apartment door at night, for example.

Another thing: I'm surprised that bullets still doesn't make the "splash" effect when shot at water, after so much modding. It looks like they just pass water without even touching it. Did anyone tried to fix that? Maybe getting the effect that the grenade launcher actually does and making a "mini" version of it, then applying it to bullets.

One more thing: I see ridiculous cubemap reflections on windows is still a problem. Haven't anyone tried to replace them with dynamic reflections yet? If i'm correct vehicles have it, so why other glass surfaces don't, Ubisoft??? :mad:

4. puredorian

puredorian Guest

GPU:
    Nvidia GTX 1070
    Eh, I don't know, those things aren't so simple to begin with, for example, many game elements that were intended to be there simply are not in the final release of the game, blowback on a guns, for example. Can be seen that they're not working even on cutscenes. Some kind of error in the code probably. About water splashes, there's no proof that it was functional before the released the game, either way, it was overlooked.

There some hidden shennigans, inside .exe or what not, that doesn't execute code very well.

Things that were cut, before the delay.

- Physics of coat
    - Blowback
    - Animations
    - Driving physics
    - Old Skills menu
    - Vehicle camera
    - Old UI
    - Lighting(already re-implemented, thanks to modders :))

Last shown demo was a 14 min demo, before the release of the game(I think), these are the things just on top of my head, that was present before they delayed the game(and made the cut). These are things that are most complicated when it comes to restoring it, and I don't think they're can be restored to exact state either. Since we're missing filelist, we're missing a way to execute certain scripts into engine correctly, we can just swap files basically, which can be critical, as engine doesn't understand the right logic behind such swaps.

Something like this https://youtu.be/mIqpu5SC58Y would greatly improve our skills and abilities.

Last edited: Dec 5, 2016

5. Markie

Markie Member Guru

GPU:
    GTX 950 2Gb
    But what about changing cubemap reflections to dynamic reflections?

And also how do i increase dynamic shadows resolution? Because they are clearly rendering in lower resolution than normal shadows, and even if i put shadows at ultra (which surprisingly increase both shadows resolutions) i still think dynamic shadows look a bit pixelated. Is there anyway to control its resolution only?

6. TheCrasher

TheCrasher Guest

GPU:
    MSI GTX1080ti 11g
    In the large CToS building in downtown chicago (the one close to DoT ConeXion)
    there are some glass display cases which have dynamic reflections; but I don't know where the code for that object is.

If we do find the code, you'll have to change the code for each and every building that has windows, since the setting isn't global.

(I also don't recommend this, because of Disrupt's many memory leak issues, and performance hiccups)

7. The Silver

The Silver Guest

GPU:
    GTX 770 2GB
    Well even The Division lacks dynamic windows reflections on buildings, and that's a beautiful optimized advanced engine, so I really don't think that it would be worth it even if possible. Anyway me and Infiniium tried to change the buildings windows glass material to give it dynamic reflections but it seems like there's no way to make it work on those surfaces materials. You can find our research in these forums, probably in his skins topic but I'm not sure...

Last edited: Dec 8, 2016
  8. Essenthy

Essenthy Guest

GPU:
    GTX 980Ti 6GB
    noticed that Storm weather condition lack bloom, clear weather has way more bloom

9. Markie

Markie Member Guru

GPU:
    GTX 950 2Gb
    About the e3 tonemap:
    How did it end up?

And that interior lightning bug present on Danvsw's mod was never fixed? I have it here.

Last edited: Dec 8, 2016
  10. txgt

txgt Guest

GPU:
    MSI GTX 1060 6G
    You mean Headlight shadows? If yes then it could be possible to increase the resolution inside headlight xmls from "dynamiclightprefab.lib" file. But those xmls are all binhex coded. It will take alot of time to find the resolution setting (if it exist).

Trust me, the interior lighting is better left alone. It is possible to prevent the fog from changing when you go to interiors, but it will make all the interiors ultra foggy if current global fog is very strong. It looks bad and weird. Also there's no way to prevent dynamic reflections from fading out when you enter interiors.

11. TheCrasher

TheCrasher Guest

GPU:
    MSI GTX1080ti 11g
    Screen of next version (still a bit unchanged)

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Last edited: Dec 12, 2016
  12. KAOS GAMING

KAOS GAMING Guest

it looks good and a bit unchanged yeah just small differences but can you increase the fog and make it like the e3 2013 premier

13. TheCrasher

TheCrasher Guest

GPU:
    MSI GTX1080ti 11g
    Included in MASHUP 2.0:

(Standalone version coming soon)

[​IMG]

14. Markie

Markie Member Guru

GPU:
    GTX 950 2Gb
    That's great!

Can you explain to me how did you manage to find and "mount" the face/hair and etc on Aiden's body?

Also, is there something missing or wip? Compared to the original face.

15. TheCrasher

TheCrasher Guest

GPU:
    MSI GTX1080ti 11g
    A forewarning before the release of MASHUP mod 2, any crashing issues on MASHUP mod 2 is completely normal. I am looking into a fix though.

16. TheCrasher

TheCrasher Guest

GPU:
    MSI GTX1080ti 11g
    Last edited: Jan 30, 2017
  17. AlexD1945

AlexD1945 Active Member

GPU:
    Sapphire Vapor-X R9 280X
    Hi. Could you add the vanilla version of the face, as e3 person has a lot of bugs with a mask (through texture failures). If you cann't, then tell me how to change the face of vanilla on himself, the program is. Thank you

18. TheCrasher

TheCrasher Guest

GPU:
    MSI GTX1080ti 11g
    I will think of releasing a version with the regular face.

Reshade on Windows 8.1 is finicky, have you tried changing the dxgi.dll to either d3d11.dll or opengl32.dll?

19. Markie

Markie Member Guru

GPU:
    GTX 950 2Gb
    @exacelt

The lag is caused by the fog.

Simply get rid of it and performance shall increase drastically.

@TheCrasher

It would be great if you wrote here some instructions to remove fog and bloom from the mod, also explaining it in a "read me" file, for those who don't like it.

Since doing an alternate version just for that would be bothering, and kinda unnecessary, i believe.

20. TheCrasher

TheCrasher Guest

GPU:
    MSI GTX1080ti 11g
    The fog is not the cause though...