Review: ZOTAC GeForce GTX 1050 Ti MINI

Discussion in 'Frontpage news' started by Hilbert Hagedoorn, Dec 20, 2016.

1. Hilbert Hagedoorn

Hilbert Hagedoorn Don Vito Corleone Staff Member

GPU:
    AMD | NVIDIA
    In this article we'll review the ZOTAC GeForce GTX 1050 Ti MINI, graphics cards positioned at the budget minded consumer these cards are located in the entry level segment. Read the review here. Â*Â...

Review: ZOTAC GeForce GTX 1050 Ti MINI

2. rl66

rl66 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Sapphire RX 6700 XT
    125 Euro here with 2 games wich make more atractive price/perf as RX470 have the same price,

On the other side of the frontier (in france) it's the price of the non Ti with only 1 game

in Euro zone we don't have the same price from 1 country from other...

3. ruggafella

ruggafella Guest

GPU:
    MSI 1080 8G
    I think the performance here is quite disappointing. I find it remarkable that it has come under stock performance levels when the size and space saving over the reference doesn't seem that significant.

All in all I'm a bit underwhelmed by the 1050ti. A very useful card if you're in a very small case and working to a wattage budget, but I speak as a big admirer of the 750ti and the gains don't seem as impressive when you look at the 750ti-950-1050ti progression, compared to the 970-1070 or 980-1080 for example.

4. chispy

chispy Ancient Guru

GPU:
    RTX 4090
    Excellent review Hilbert. Tiny litlle fellow , ideal for a mini itx buld.

5. schmidtbag

schmidtbag Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Asrock 7700XT
    The "Shoot Out" page is a nice addition, though I think the main reason people care about it is how the GPU compares to others that are similar to each other, either in terms of tiers, generations, or price. For example with the 1050Ti, I don't think people care what the results are for anything faster than a 1060 or RX 470. Just my two cents.

As for this GPU, seems to me Zotac made a big mistake - what's the point of having a small GPU if it doesn't change what you can do with it? It is neither low-profile nor a single-slot GPU. The GPU could be several centimeters longer and it wouldn't pose a problem for most cases, as long as it doesn't exceed the length of the motherboard. The GPU runs very cool and quiet as-is.

6. moheban79

moheban79 Master Guru

GPU:
    XFX 6970 - 2GB Trifire
    HEVC Performance??

Hi,

Was wondering how does the HEVC H.265 encoding/decoding performance rank up? Such a card would be ideal for a HTPC where one might want to do some nvidia based encoding or playback.

Thanks

7. schmidtbag

schmidtbag Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Asrock 7700XT
    There are modern IGPs and ARM devices that can handle HEVC H.265 4K video playback. This GPU is likely overkill for a HTPC.

http://www.techspot.com/article/1131-hevc-h256-enconding-playback/

8. rl66

rl66 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Sapphire RX 6700 XT
    not at all, most HTPC are in DTX format (ITX like with full high and dual slot) it is perfect for this exercice.

if you want more rendering power the 1060 and even a 1070 exist too in this form factor (the 1060 6g is far than enough and get my preference)

if you want single slot it exist too in 1050Ti from galaxy and if you want low profile it exist with MSI... :)

9. rl66

rl66 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Sapphire RX 6700 XT
  10. Groot

Groot Guest

GPU:
    GTX 1080
    OMG your still using old drivers with OC limits. Okay the GPU clock was probably going to be power limited with this board anyway but maybe some memory overclock would have given better results.

Guess we'll never know, a least not from this review.

11. Venix

Venix Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Rtx 4070 super
    on the other hand 470 is 1 category above the 1050ti so if the 1050ti is at the same price +2 games ....might worth if you really want the games even then i believe getting the 470 and then waiting to grab the games on a steam sale or something seems a better option

12. schmidtbag

schmidtbag Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Asrock 7700XT
    I think you missed my point. The largest 1060 model you can find would fit in most, if not all of the same cases that this GPU would also fit in. Since this 1050Ti is neither single-slot nor low-profile, this GPU's size won't give it any advantage over any GPUs that are a little bit bigger than it. ITX cases that can accommodate dual-slot or full-profile GPUs aren't always very limiting; I have one that can fit this GPU in it:
    [​IMG]
    I would know, because I've done it (albeit, I had to remove the cover since it sticks out a little too far).

If I want to get a GPU because it's small, I would rather get one that's small in an advantageous way. A low-profile micro ATX case is often smaller than a full-profile mini ITX case. In order for a GPU's size to be a selling point, it should fit a niche that full-size or dual-slot GPUs can't do.

13. HeavyHemi

HeavyHemi Guest

GPU:
    GTX1080Ti
    Page 9, first chart should be titled 'Card Idle Temperatures in Degrees C' versus 'Calculated Card TDP in Watts'. The second chart same page...is titled ' TemperatureLoad in Degrees C'. That could be cleaned up a bit. Perhaps, 'Card Load Temperatures in Degrees C. :)

Last edited: Dec 21, 2016
  14. HeavyHemi

HeavyHemi Guest

GPU:
    GTX1080Ti
    Duplicate

15. rl66

rl66 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Sapphire RX 6700 XT
    nope, my fault, the RX470 is at the same price than in France (so way more expensive) it's at GTX1060 6g's price, this zotac it's at the same price than the normal 2 fan sapphire RX460...