Radeon Software Crimson ReLive Edition 16.12.1 Download & Discussion

Discussion in 'Videocards - AMD Radeon Drivers Section' started by mtrai, Dec 8, 2016.

1. Octopuss

Octopuss Guest

GPU:
    -
    Is there any way to send generic feedback to AMD? They still haven't realized a window should remember its size and position. Just, WTF?!

2. Virs

Virs Guest

GPU:
    R9 390
    I was surprised at how ridiculously good ReLive + Twitch stream looked.
    With that said, when I streamed to Twitch I'd have the game freeze for small moments. At one point it also looked like I lost connection to the game, as characters in BF1 were running in place.

Looking at my resource manager, it looked like ReLive possibly ignored the bitrate I said to use to stream (8.5mb) and instead maxed out my connection at various points. It peaked at 11mb, which is the max my connection can do, and spent most of its time over 8.5mb.

I also got more crashes as a result of playing around ReLive. Great quality, low performance cost, but so horribly buggy for now.

Last edited: Dec 17, 2016
  3. Starks

Starks Guest

GPU:
    MSI AGP 6600GT VIVO
    7700M support is working again in 16.12.1. It had been broken since 16.5.2.

Whatever AMD did for this new 16.50 driver branch, it worked.

This is a huge upgrade to my 7730M's Vulkan capabilities. I went from 1.0.6 or something to 1.0.30 and gained every extension that has come out since then.

Last edited: Dec 17, 2016
  4. bluzone

bluzone Guest

GPU:
    R9 nano
    Yes I have noted the same problem. Plus fan speed ramping in auto seems slow and peak fan speed a touch low. I'd need to revert drivers to check for sure.

5. new driver

new driver fails to launch doom tried reinstalling it and everything keeps blue screening i have a raedeon 280x 2 of them on crossfire windows 7 ultimate 64 bit edition

6. Undying

Undying Ancient Guru

GPU:
    XFX RX6800XT 16GB
    Did you try running only one card?

7. passenger

passenger Master Guru

GPU:
    Sapphire RX580 8GB
    btw GTA IV runs like crap on 16.12.1, like nVidia wrote these ones...

8. srdjan1995

srdjan1995 Master Guru

GPU:
    ASUS Dual RX 6650XT
    So, can anyone tell me if it's possible to fix 150/300 MHz thing? I'm on an R9 270x.

9. Chastity

Chastity Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Nitro 5700XT/6800M
    I fixed mine by reinstalling 16.12.1 using the Web installer vs the full package one. I think it's been updated. I only get the 300/150 issue when I use something other than Wattman to overclock.

10. Virs

Virs Guest

GPU:
    R9 390
    Edit: Today I didn't get a black screen freeze, instead I got a BSOD - Thread Stuck In Device Driver.
    --------------------------

From your previous post I was curious, can you tell us what's the build number you get instead? How did it change compared to your previous install?

Last edited: Dec 18, 2016

11. srdjan1995

srdjan1995 Master Guru

GPU:
    ASUS Dual RX 6650XT

Ok, I'll try using web installer. Btw, I haven't OC'ed my GPU, but I do have MSI Afterburner installed (just to have temps, usage and things on-screen while gaming).

12. Chastity

Chastity Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Nitro 5700XT/6800M
    Sorry, I didn't take any screenshots of it, as I was more interested in seeing it work. Everything was working fine for 2 days, even the Wattman overclock, and then last night the memory downclocked and locked while I was playing Diablo 3. Even rebooting did not fix it, so I rolled back to 16.11.5 again.

Something is bugged, so I will have to wait for the next hotfix.

13. Kruse

Kruse Guest

GPU:
    XFX R9 290X 4GB
    I'm noticing some intermittent screen "flicker" when I attach a secondary display through HDMI since I installed these drivers. The flicker appears as two "bars" across the screen. Has anyone else experienced this issue?

This is in Windows 10.

14. BlackZero

BlackZero Guest

Same issue here.

Did a reinstall and it went away, but it came back even though I only used other OC tools for monitoring.

15. ninja750

ninja750 Master Guru

GPU:
    RX 6800 REF
    hello everyone i have many problems too with this new drivers, vga is R9 380 sapphire

short story: artifacts in far cry 4, artifacts in assetto corsa, one crash opening gpu-z tool.. back to 16.11.3

full story:
    - clone the entire drive :D
    - close msi afterburner and toggled it to start with windows
    - reboot, download 16.12.1 and install
    - install is fine, begin some test
    - in dx12 with tomb raider i saw a nice performance boost
    - assetto corsa works but i see some shadow artifact somewhere
    - try to use msi afterburner and it seems working, oc is applied in any game
    - firts windows10 crash opening gpu-z...tryed to open it many other times and no other crash occurred..
    - test with far cry 4, it doesn't start it remains in the screen "press enter to continue"
    - tryed rebooting 3 times, hangs any time in that screen
    - reboot, deleted the far cry 4 profile in the crimson panel and doing so the game started working
    - after 5 minutes of gameplay i notice some artifact, same as assetto corsa seem to see some shadow flashing in the middle of the screen
    - after 6 minutes of gameplay the game ended or crashed.. as you say
    - restored cloned image of the disk with the 16.11.3 drivers and all is back working just fine.. end of story

i don't know if the artifacts are msi afterburner related or overclocking related but with the 16.11.3 drivers all just work fine

any suggestion beside waiting for new drivers? :D can i submit to amd this issues?

16. megamaan

megamaan Member

GPU:
    Sapphire RX 480 Nitro +
    Be careful with these drivers.
    On my computer it generated high latency with a usb wifi adapter.

17. Chastity

Chastity Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Nitro 5700XT/6800M
    It's your memory clocks on the gpu fluctuating between full clocks and power saving speeds. i.e. 1500 and 150 as in my case. With multiple monitors the driver should stay at full speed, but is not.

18. KFBR392

KFBR392 Member

GPU:
    RTX 3090
    This might be an isolated case, but for me the driver totally broke FreeSync for World of Warcraft. Tried clean reinstalls, resetting monitor, enabling/disabling FreeSync (both monitor and radeon settings). Gave up and rolled back. Works like a charm, also don't have to deal with the ReLive drivers destroying AB.

19. warlord

warlord Guest

GPU:
    Null
    Why do we still have these godawful drivers? AMD's RTG wake up please, give us something better :puke2: :bang: :stewpid:

20. Romulus_ut3

Romulus_ut3 Master Guru

GPU:
    NITRO+ RX5700 XT 8G
    Of course, you'll find people like Agonist and Undying who claims that AMD Crimson ReLive works flawlessly on their systems and that anyone else that talks about the issues they are facing is utterly blasphemous.

Last edited: Dec 19, 2016