MSI Afterburner 4.3.0 Final is Released

Discussion in 'MSI AfterBurner Application Development Forum' started by Hilbert Hagedoorn, Oct 27, 2016.

1. WhiskeyOmega

WhiskeyOmega Master Guru

GPU:
    RTX 3090 MSI GXT
    Yes put application detection to none. Works but the frame rate was killing me. Hopefully Nvidia sort out the flickering on DX11 but thats incidental

2. Unwinder

Unwinder Ancient Guru Staff Member

Reproduced that, seem to be result of changes in DX12 renderer of BF1 Fall Update. I'll investigate it deeper during weekends.

3. boogieman

boogieman Ancient Guru

GPU:
    MSI GTX 1080X
    Saw this at Nv forums. FYI. I'm not seeing the "abnormally low 8xxMHz memory clock" issue and I'm using 4.3.0. !

https://forums.geforce.com/default/...read-released-11-15-16-/post/5019575/#5019575

4. Unwinder

Nope, that's not the case, what he describe is a throttling cured by reboot and it is not about recently released 375.86. Stuck 8xx memory clocks on 375.86 is seen on the systems with no oc tools installed and with GPU-Z only.

5. Joakim

Joakim Guest

Well I have tested the new Afterburner with 375.70/375.76/375.86 and after the new patch my BF1 is flickering all over the place. I have repaired it, updated(not that I needed just hit the button), my system is GTX980Ti SLI and all tests I did was with DX11.

Just uninstalled Afterburner and installed Firestorm (Zotacs fancontrolsoftware without onscreen features) and the problem is the same. All started with the fall patch it seems.

6. Unwinder

What's a purpose of posting it here? Flickering in DX11 on multi-GPU systems is a known and documented issue of BF1 Fall update, it doesn't depend on NV driver version, it is not NV specific issue and having place on Crossfire systems as well. And furthermore it has zero relation to AB.

7. Joakim

Joakim Guest

I have reverted to 375.76 and are using MSI Afterburner and the game flicks as usual(BF1), I then tried BF4 and BF3, no issues what so ever............Fall Patch piece of ****......

8. Unwinder

Dear forum visitors!

Good news, happily I could fit the investigation of BF1 Fall Update crashing in DX12 mode in my work schedule and work on it earlier than I promised before. I think I identified the root cause of BF1 Fall Update crashing in DX12 mode with OSD enabled and hopefully got the RTSS update to address that. Heh, I could actually release it yesterday, but thanks to one "polite" developer in steam community, I killed a lot of time on useless "battle" there instead. :) Anyway, here is new build of RTSS featuring the following changes:

Please try it any let me know if it address BF1 Fall Update startup issues in DX12 mode for you. Once we confirm that the fix is working, we'll put RTSS 6.5.1 in downloads and make it visible to update servers.

http://office.guru3d.com/afterburner/RTSSSetup651Build8791.rar

9. Unwinder

Until DICE address that and restore multiGPU support with a new patch, there are two ways to solve it:

- Disable SLI/CF to play BF1 in DX11 mode on a single GPU
    - Enable DX12 renderer instead of DX11 in BF1. There is no explicit multiGPU support in their DX12 renderer yet so this way you'll also effectively use a single GPU config only

10. fpollan

fpollan Active Member

GPU:
    Gainward 1080GLH
    Big thanks!!!

Perfect here. Battlefield 1 fall dx12 runs!!!

Im use Logitech LCD and Msi Abterburner 4.3. And my ring if you need.

Sistema operativo
    Windows 10 Pro 64-bit
    CPU
    Intel Core i7 6700K @ 4.00GHz 16 °C
    Skylake 14nm Tecnología
    RAM
    16,0GB Doble-Canal Desconocido @ 1071MHz (15-15-15-35)
    Placa base
    ASUSTeK COMPUTER INC. MAXIMUS VIII HERO (LGA1151) 20 °C
    Gráfica
    Acer X34 (3440x1440@100Hz)
    GainWard GLH GeForce GTX 1080 (CardExpert Technology) 27 °C
    Almacenamiento
    223GB KINGSTON SH103S3240G (SSD) 22 °C
    447GB OCZ-TRION150 (SSD) 22 °C
    223GB TOSHIBA-TR150 (SSD) 22 °C
    596GB Western Digital WDC WD6402AAEX-00Z3A0 (SATA) 26 °C
    1863GB Seagate ST2000DX001-1CM164 (SATA) 23 °C
    Unidades ópticas
    Ninguna unidad óptica detectada
    Audio
    Logitech G633 Gaming Headset

Windows 10 Pro 64-bit

Last edited: Nov 17, 2016

11. Unwinder

Thanks for confirming. I think we'll wait for a couple days to collect some feedback then launch the update officially.

12. Dekaohtoura

Dekaohtoura Master Guru

GPU:
    XFX 6700XT SWFT
    Yup, AB/RTSS now work fine, tested@DX12 with the 16.11.4s

The same cannot be said for the game itself...nice mess they created with the fall update.

13. anth_15

anth_15 Master Guru

GPU:
    Gigabyte RTX 4090

Thank you it works for me fine no crash on startup.

14. Kol12

Kol12 Active Member

GPU:
    ROG Strix 3080 OC
    Is the RTSS update irrelevant for Battlefield 1 DX11 users?

15. JonasBeckman

JonasBeckman Ancient Guru

GPU:
    XFX 7900XTX M'310
    The compatibility setting (BF1.exe.cfg having "HookDXGISwapChainRelease = 0" , default is 1 ) might have a use in future DirectX 12 games I guess, or possibly anything using DXGI and doing this swap-chain multiple-rendering thread thing though for all I know that might be DX12 only having such functionality.

Improved localization might be useful too and the frame rate denominator for those who need that.

16. Unwinder

The only known and fixed BF1 related issue is Fall Updated crashing on startup in DX12 mode with RTSS active. The update doesn't address anything besides that an doesn't affect DX11 rendering path.

17. Kol12

Kol12 Active Member

GPU:
    ROG Strix 3080 OC
    Thanks @JonasBeckman @Unwinder

Have just updated to 4.3.0 and noticed that RTSS doesn't open up with AB... Both have to be opened and closed separately.

18. JonasBeckman

JonasBeckman Ancient Guru

GPU:
    XFX 7900XTX M'310
    Make sure you have enabled RTSS if it's a clean install with a blank config, in Afterburner click the cog like icon to go to properties and then monitoring, place a check mark in anything you want displayed in the graphs (e.g Framerate.) and then under that there's other properties which for each of the ticked monitoring graphs make sure "Show in On-screen display" is also checked.

Then under the OSD tab if you have no need of adjusting the hotkey combination just click "More" to open RTSS and set detection level to low globally (Or on a per-profile if you'd rather do that.) with "on-screen display support" also set to on along with "show on screen display" and finally click the wrench icon and tick the "Enable 64-bit application support service." check box. :) (So many games these days are using 64-bit but it's a good option to have if you have little need of this say for a older machine.)

19. ultraex2003

ultraex2003 Master Guru

GPU:
    Amd 2x290 Cfx
    same here bro !! Battlefield 1 fall dx12 runs ok !!! thanks a lot !!

20. Hilbert Hagedoorn

Hilbert Hagedoorn Don Vito Corleone Staff Member

GPU:
    AMD | NVIDIA
    If all else fails -> restart