MSI AfterBurner 4.3.0 Beta 14 Available For the Public

Discussion in 'MSI AfterBurner Application Development Forum' started by Hilbert Hagedoorn, Sep 2, 2016.

1. elbubi

elbubi Member Guru

GPU:
    MSi RTX 3070Ti
    Any secret message hidden in the bolds? (¿sinjint?) :3eyes:

2. Unwinder

Unwinder Ancient Guru Staff Member

Hehe, you're got eagle's eyes. :) Yep. Some fun user @ youtube MSIAB discussion told me that I was never a part to RT and MSIAB development so I encoded his name in this posting and provided the link to this posting as a proof.

Last edited: Oct 19, 2016
  3. jesteves

jesteves Member Guru

GPU:
    MSI 1080 Gaming X @ 2100
    I can confirm that DX12 OSD in BF1 Retail, works fine (my system on the left) with the 4.3.0 release candidate.
    Thanks for your great work Unwinder.

4. Hilbert Hagedoorn

Hilbert Hagedoorn Don Vito Corleone Staff Member

GPU:
    AMD | NVIDIA
    Alex, D3D12 BF1 = working.

Not sure (at all) why but reinstalling the latest RC solved something.

[​IMG]

5. Unwinder

Ah, so you used original beta 6 of RTSS and not this updated beta 6 build? If so, it explains everything, and thanks for good news ;)

6. Hilbert Hagedoorn

Hilbert Hagedoorn Don Vito Corleone Staff Member

GPU:
    AMD | NVIDIA
    Beta 6 was indeed installed, I just now noticed the new RC. Anyway, I restarted and retested a couple of times with a GTX 1070 and all looks good. I'll ping you if the problem returns somehow.

7. Unwinder

Excellent, thanks for confirming.

8. gedo

gedo Master Guru

GPU:
    RX 6700 XT 12GB
    I get CTD if trying to start BF1 (DX12) with AB running. The CTD happens at 15 s when the OSD tries to start.

Works using DX11.

I've found a workaround. The OSD works if you start BF1 without AB running, and later Alt-Tab and start AB. Maybe the 15 s delay isn't enough for Origin overlay on DX12?

I'm on MSIAfterburnerSetup430Build9267_16_10_2016. Win10, Radeon Crimson 16.10.1.

9. Unwinder

You may configure injection delay to whatever you wish and find suitable for your system. And much better way would be disabling Origin overlay.

10. gedo

gedo Master Guru

GPU:
    RX 6700 XT 12GB
    You can't disable Origin overlay for game trials (Game Time, First Play, etc.). It's permanently on, even if you disable it on Origin global settings and game-specific settings. I guess they want it on to track your play time.

EDIT: Experimented with different delays. 45000 still resulted in CTD, but 50000 worked. I'm running Windows and BF1 off a SATA SSD, which may affect my results in case the deciding factor is time spent in the main menu after the loading screen.

Honestly, I'm going to keep the 15000 delay and start BF1 without AB running. That way I don't have a huge delay in all other games.

Last edited: Oct 19, 2016

11. Unwinder

Hint: delayed engine can be configured both globally and in application specific profiles.

12. jiminycricket

jiminycricket Master Guru

GPU:
    GTX 1080
    Ah, interesting. I assume it works the same way in app profiles, right? Add the line InjectionDelay=[x ms] under the [Hooking] section.

Last edited: Oct 20, 2016
  13. Unwinder

Correct. Anything you see in .\ProfileTemplates\Global file and unexposed by RTSS GUI can be overriden at application profile level via copying desired settings to profile file.

14. Unwinder

Try this build to see if it works better on your system. I've added one more switch to delayed injection engine (InjectionDelayDirect3D12), which may forcibly disable delayed injection for D3D12 specific functions.

Last edited: Oct 21, 2016
  15. AsiJu

AsiJu Ancient Guru

GPU:
    KFA2 4070Ti EXG.v2
    Lols, I noticed the bold letters too and was sure it meant something soo...

I tried listing the letters and assigning numbers to them based on alphabetical order, changing order, converting the series to date (Excel), hexadecimal, IP address...
    I was certain you had hidden some clever code in there :D

Anyhow keep up the good work and looking forward to AB 4.3.0 final!

16. Unwinder

17. XcroN

XcroN Guest

GPU:
    GTX 1080Ti Aorus xtreme
    RTSS Latest beta.
    I don't know if i'm doing something wrong but ROTTR sinply crash when i try to inject the OSD.

Tried to edit the global config(RivaTuner Statistics Server\Profiles) and added this:
    InjectionDelay=10000
    InjectionDelayTriggers=steam_api.dll,steam_api64.dll,dxgi.dll (my chrome is bugged no space in d and double l)
    Relaunched AB + RTSS.
    Have the game launcher and game is running for 10 seconds and game crashes.
    Even tried to edit in ProfileTemplates, Same issue.
    ROTTR is the only game, even in steam overlay that refuse to work.
    Black ops 3 with and without steam overlay is good.
    ROTTR without steam overlay is bugged for me on both DX11 and DX12.
    I'm probably doing something wrong here as the beta 6 works well in all other games but ROTTR.
    Tried everything for the past 4 hours to fix this.

18. Unwinder

No need to clone the same in multiple threads, I'm reading everything and comment what I find important without such "bumping". Also I've already recommended you to AVOID touching delayed engine and using default RTSS config instead. Putting a lot of unrelated libraries there is a BAD idea.

19. Thunk_It

Thunk_It Master Guru

GPU:
    Asus 2080ti Turbo
    Many thanks Unwinder for posting this comment, especially the link - happily, I did follow your directions. The only thing I noticed now in my LCD display (this you are probably aware of), is the memory usage for GPU 2 is not displayed.

20. Unwinder

That's suppised to be that way on SLI/CF, D3DKMT memory usage is available for the primary card only.