16.101.X [Pre-GCN driver pack]

Discussion in 'Videocards - AMD Radeon Drivers Section' started by user1, Jul 28, 2016.

1. user1

user1 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Mi25/IGP
    unlikely, the 16.150 branch was the first to implement vulcan, and remove non-gcn card compatibility, much earlier driver revisions do not work. (16.150.1009 ect)

2. Indy

Indy Active Member

GPU:
    Zotac GTX 1060 AMP!
    If you find sth. usefull let us know. I checked the site quickly and as far as I can say this is a software for Intel/Nvidia combinations

I also played around with the Drivers and device Manager pretty much and finally gave up and bought a new PC. I think it (maybe) is impossible to deactivate the iGPU and still get Display Output on AMD/AMD systems. As far as I can say my notebook display is connected via eDP to the iGPU.

3. user1

user1 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Mi25/IGP
    this is pretty much the problem, nvidia graphics use MDA mode for switchable graphics , where as amd graphics use LDA mode , this means of course that the second gpu must passthrough the primary this and this is why it must be active. the intel implementation of this allow can do a passthrough mode, where as the amd version doesn't appear to do this in the same way atleast.

Hiding the low power gpu probably isn't possible imho. you can functionally disable the igpu but not fully hide it. You can however install newer driver for the gcn card manually as evidenced by the amd thread on the matter, but it is not a supported configuration.

When the next major driver version comes out I will make another package.

I may also consider making a separate package that will install on trinity apu systems by adding the ids and telling it to install nothing (much like legacy section of the driver inf) which should bypass the issue and allow you to install the newest driver on the gcn card and have the newer radeon settings install easily.

4. Indy

Indy Active Member

GPU:
    Zotac GTX 1060 AMP!
    Is this really possible? I have not followed all threads completely, but I have tried quite some things. If I force install a newer driver for dGPU it leads to the state of iGPU becoming Microsoft Basic Display Adapter, with different (sometimes none shown) errors. In every case it was impossible for me to use the dGPU.

I'll for sure try the package so it would be nice if you would not forget to include the HD8760M

5. FunkyMike

FunkyMike Guest

GPU:
    ATI 6850m /Intel HD3000
    You misunderstood me.

https://www.techinferno.com/index.p...-setup-130-previously-setup-1x/#comment-25412

It is possible to switch "off/passthrough/hide" the iGPU on AMD/AMD systems. I am not sure about all but I have seen enough of them where it worked.

6. user1

user1 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Mi25/IGP
    well I was just about finished creating a new package but it would seem microsoft has decided that you can no longer bypass driver signature enforcement, while they will install with driver enforcement disabled and load correctly, upon reboot the kernel modules will not load unless signed through microsoft's certified servers.

This is a bit of a surprise for me since I had thought it only currently applied to clean installs of 1607 with secureboot enabled,

I'm running a 8 year old mobo so i thought it should be fine for at least a while longer.

Have no idea if running an upgraded version of (from 1511) windows 10 will do the same since there is supposed to be an exception for it.

all i know is that this is probably the end of the road for me , has been kinda fun.

If anyone has some pointers as to how to get past this fairly significant road block they would be appreciated.

(signing the drivers my self will not work since the old certs/signature only work if the were signed before july [for now atleast] ,testsigning / disabling integritychecks no longer works either at least on my machine, also uninstalling the recent updates does nothing to help so pretty much sol)

7. mysteriously

mysteriously Guest

Did you get error -43?

8. user1

user1 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Mi25/IGP
    error 52, unsigned error, if i reboot again in to disable driver enforcement mode the driver loads again.

interestingly enough, if using drivers with modded inf from windows update this problem does not occur, microsoft must be doing somekind of signature check on the actual kernel modules, and if they aren't in the database it rejects them.

it is unfortunate since the 15.301.2601.1002 has actual performance gains over the 16.101 branch, saw my firestrike score go up by 70points, and valley go up by 100points.

9. godknowswhy

godknowswhy Guest

GPU:
    All sorts
    Last edited: Nov 13, 2016
  10. user1

user1 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Mi25/IGP

11. Chuske

Chuske Guest

GPU:
    HD 5850 1GB
    User1, can you still finish the newest driver package and post a link to download ? Maybe someone will find a bypass somehow ..

12. FunkyMike

FunkyMike Guest

GPU:
    ATI 6850m /Intel HD3000

From my understanding our cert still works with the following conditions:

- "upgrade" dword in registry
    - secure boot off

Not much time to play with drivers as of late but once I find out I will post results.

13. user1

user1 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Mi25/IGP
    Adding the Upgrade dword+ nointegritychecks works after a couple reboots,

Still probably going to avoid the 15.301.2601.1002 driver for a Package
    (will probably do a repack of 16.101.2901.1003) since it's unclear how long this will work for, good news is that the ADL libraries still work from 16.11.X.

14. Legacy79

Legacy79 Member

GPU:
    RTX 3080 TUF OC 10G
    Hi Guys,

I've tried to install that "non-gcn-Win10-64Bit-Radeon-Software-Crimson-16.9.1_MOD" from first post on my Lenovo G505s with the AMD Radeon HD 8650G GPU (DDU was used before)

After restarting my toaster, device manager showed errors and the drivers are not loaded/working
    (I've started win10 with driver signature OFF)

Shouldn't that driver be compatible with that HD 8650G GPU?

15. user1

user1 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Mi25/IGP
    It should be
    does it have a dedicated gpu aswell?,

and what error code did you get?

16. Legacy79

Legacy79 Member

GPU:
    RTX 3080 TUF OC 10G
    Yes, it should.

With UnifL Driver Devicemanager shows this:
    - AMD Radeon HD 8650G + R5 M200 Dual Graphics
    - AMD Radeon R5 M200 / HD 8500M Series

After cleaning all drivers with DDUand installing yours, the dedicated gpu driver won't install giving (Code 28)
    and the errorcode I get on the iGPU (AMD Radeon HD 8650G) is error 43

sorry I can't post screenshots, yet.

17. user1

user1 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Mi25/IGP
    yeah the inf in the newer pack is broken for mixed graphics, The older pack has a separate inf for hybrid graphics, i would give that a try

18. Legacy79

Legacy79 Member

GPU:
    RTX 3080 TUF OC 10G
    thx, I'll try this and report back.

Could the new version you're working on got mixed graphics working again?
    Also i would take any info on how to squeeze out some more FPS.
    Any idea? With that UnifL driver it seems my machine always runs the less powerfull gpu when playing games like "Dead by Daylight" or "7 Days to die"

Last edited: Nov 17, 2016
  19. mirh

mirh Member Guru

GPU:
    MSI HD 7750 1GB
    I guess it could be a good occasion to roll out that Win7 version?

I mean, imo that's the OS pre-GCN cards seem more likely to be used.

20. user1

user1 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Mi25/IGP
    Already on it will probably be moving to windows 7/older build of windows 10 dual boot at some point, the latest windows 10 build is just too inconsistant, after booting normally with 15.301.2601.1002 it stopped loading it again at random and it still does on occasion for no particular reason.

that being said, any drivers from windows update work fine ,so hopefully a revision shows up on windows update for some dell workstation or something.